Options

TalkTalk are HOPELESS

When will the bosses at TalkTalk take the hint and do the decent thing an liquidate the company? They are worse than worse. I have been with Pipex Homecall for about ten years and it was a good service: when there was fault, it was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Then TalkTalk bought the company and customer service has nosedived. I have just come off the phone after 75 minutes reporting a fault - the first 65 minutes was spent simply trying to get through. In survey after survey TalkTalk come bottom. No one thinks they are any use, so why don't they take the hint? I am no going to ring PlusNet with whom I have my broadband and switch to its telephone service as well.

Comments

• Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up with them after my line was 'slammed' and TT kept blaming it on BT and vice versa (I never did get an honest answer as to where the fault lay......).
    It's sad to hear that nothing's changed in 4 years and I'm very glad I've never used them for broadband because complaints about that part of their business are even worse.:(:mad:
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are great but your entitled to YOUR view, thankfully millions of other users don't have a problem with them :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    I think they are great but your entitled to YOUR view, thankfully millions of other users don't have a problem with them :)

I agree totally. I've never had a problem with them, they have always been quick to ring me if there are ways to SAVE money, my broadband and phone never give me any problems at all.

GG
  • Options
    madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have given them some grief in the past after slamming my line 4 years ago. However I signed upto them yesterday switching my services to them from o2.

What made me change was my parents contract came to an end. Talktalk wrote to them offering another 12 months at reduced deal.
    O2 have never done that with me I have always had to ring them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best advice use the talktalk members forum to ANY problems.
    dont bother with CS via the phone they will drive you insane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madnes wrote: »
    I have given them some grief in the past after slamming my line 4 years ago. However I signed upto them yesterday switching my services to them from o2.

What made me change was my parents contract came to an end. Talktalk wrote to them offering another 12 months at reduced deal.
    O2 have never done that with me I have always had to ring them.

Ok, I gave them a chance to redeem themselves. I rang them today to ask them a question. Entered my number not recognised. Entered me order number not regcognised. India customer services passed me to sales. No order has been placed I am being told.
    Sales wanted me to agree to a new contract....?? No thanks.

Sent a message on Twitter awaiting reply.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had 5 weeks of hell with Talk Talk. CS wouldn't do anything about fluctuating FTTC. In the end CEO office let me out of contract and moved everything over to BT. Service has been rock solid and not a problem.

The problem with Talk Talk is they are good if you don't have a problem, but once you have a problem their customer service is absolutely useless.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had 5 weeks of hell with Talk Talk. CS wouldn't do anything about fluctuating FTTC. In the end CEO office let me out of contract and moved everything over to BT. Service has been rock solid and not a problem.

The problem with Talk Talk is they are good if you don't have a problem, but once you have a problem their customer service is absolutely useless.

a couple of friends of mine is still waiting for their router from Talk Talk after 2 weeks, good job their old Sky router still works or they would be stuck.

I told them it was a mistake to change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of you friends seem to sign up to TT then have problems then leave, they don't listen to you much and seem to have awful luck chap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason this couple left Sky was because Sky took the money for TV, phone and broadband from their account at the same time, I thought it was a silly reason to leave, but at the end of the day that is up to them.

People can do what they want, if they want to go to Talk Talk then they can. but no good complaining when they know what Talk Talk is like, certainly when they have been with the company before and had problems.

surprised me that TT took them back, since they owe TT so much from the last time they was with them, TT must be desperate.

We will wait and see what happens next, but to be honest I am getting fed up with people changing between Talk Talk, Bt and Sky and losing their phone number, as bad as people changing their mobile every 6 months and changing the number.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    The only reason this couple left Sky was because Sky took the money for TV, phone and broadband from their account at the same time, I thought it was a silly reason to leave, but at the end of the day that is up to them.

People can do what they want, if they want to go to Talk Talk then they can. but no good complaining when they know what Talk Talk is like, certainly when they have been with the company before and had problems.

surprised me that TT took them back, since they owe TT so much from the last time they was with them, TT must be desperate.

We will wait and see what happens next, but to be honest I am getting fed up with people changing between Talk Talk, Bt and Sky and losing their phone number, as bad as people changing their mobile every 6 months and changing the number.

I'd not have thought they were desperate, perhaps your chums are pulling you leg a tad about owing them money, after all debt is not something you'd seriously want to boast about is it.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Don't Get Done, Get Dom and the Telecom company that they mentioned is Talk Talk billing a customer for calls and mobile calls that he has suppose to have made to Jamaica.

Dom has just had to deal with the crappy customer service that all Talk Talk customer have had to deal with. Calls totalling over £600.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Don't Get Done, Get Dom and the Telecom company that they mentioned is Talk Talk billing a customer for calls and mobile calls that he has suppose to have made to Jamaica.

Dom has just had to deal with the crappy customer service that all Talk Talk customer have had to deal with. Calls totalling over £600.

I am watching this too. We had a similar problem with the sh*t customer services call centre.

Talk Talk are awful. I would never recommend this provider.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd not have thought they were desperate, perhaps your chums are pulling you leg a tad about owing them money, after all debt is not something you'd seriously want to boast about is it.

Maybe not, but I have seen the letters from Talk Talk and BT. they entered into a 18 month contract with BT and left after 2 months to go with Sky, so they now owe Bt 16 months payments, Talk Talk again they left in contract so owe money.

there is no way they will repay as there is no way they can afford to repay, they spend too much money on sky Tv and Xbox games, saying that the Xbox have now gone belly up and they are going to try and get one from Brighthouse, that should be fun.

But then again they got more things to worry about at the moment than broadband, sky and xboxes.
  • Options
    BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe not, but I have seen the letters from Talk Talk and BT. they entered into a 18 month contract with BT and left after 2 months to go with Sky, so they now owe Bt 16 months payments, Talk Talk again they left in contract so owe money.

there is no way they will repay as there is no way they can afford to repay, they spend too much money on sky Tv and Xbox games, saying that the Xbox have now gone belly up and they are going to try and get one from Brighthouse, that should be fun.

But then again they got more things to worry about at the moment than broadband, sky and xboxes.

You enter a contract and leave early you are breaking your contract so of course you owe money, I don't understand what your trying to say?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMR wrote: »

Watched it myself this morning. Talktalk could have done more. Perhaps restricted his credit limit etc.

However he to was in the wrong. He did not pay for services he had used.

He should had simply refused to pay the charges is dispute.

He had the charges withdrawn but still refused to pay. No sympathy for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You enter a contract and leave early you are breaking your contract so of course you owe money, I don't understand what your trying to say?

Neo and Noise you give me a good laugh :D

Were have you been the past few weeks Neo?
  • Options
    BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madnes wrote: »
    Watched it myself this morning. Talktalk could have done more. Perhaps restricted his credit limit etc.

However he to was in the wrong. He did not pay for services he had used.

He should had simply refused to pay the charges is dispute.

He had the charges withdrawn but still refused to pay. No sympathy for him.

He may not have made the right decision at the end, but I can understand why he wanted to go all the way to court after it had gone on so long.

I wish him luck.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i said That Talk Talk must be desperate to take them back, because most companies would not if you owe them money. Saying that Bt would take them back as well, but only if they paid £100 deposit.

When I went back to Bt I had to pay them £50 because my credit record is not great, I did get it back after 6 months. but it just shows you can owe Bt or Talk Talk a couple of hundred quid and they still accept you.

Very strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That does suprise me given that TT is one of the major companies in the ISP world so cannot be called desperate ...are your friends telling the truth or porkies? When are you going over to fibre?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That does suprise me given that TT is one of the major companies in the ISP world so cannot be called desperate ...are your friends telling the truth or porkies?
    I seen the letters from Talk Talk wanting the money they are owed, i know that my friends was on sky and I know that they are back on Talk Talk, so they must be telling the truth.

No way would they be able to pay back what they owed, the only thing i can think of is Talk Talk set up a deal so they pay a little more, but looking at their first bill it got nothing about that on it.

it seems like you can owe TT loads of money and they will still take you back and my friends credit rating is awful, far, far worse than mine.
    When are you going over to fibre?

You mean me or the exchange?

If you mean our Exchange that should be around the end of june, so we been told, but I have my doubts, this is Bt after all.

if you mean me, I have no plans to go over to fibre to be honest. Paying extra money for more speed and less data use don't make sense. Of cause that could change in the future, but I certainly not expecting to go fibre this year even if by some miracle our exchange is updated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seen the letters from Talk Talk wanting the money they are owed, i know that my friends was on sky and I know that they are back on Talk Talk, so they must be telling the truth.

No way would they be able to pay back what they owed, the only thing i can think of is Talk Talk set up a deal so they pay a little more, but looking at their first bill it got nothing about that on it.

it seems like you can owe TT loads of money and they will still take you back and my friends credit rating is awful, far, far worse than mine.

You mean me or the exchange?

If you mean our Exchange that should be around the end of june, so we been told, but I have my doubts, this is Bt after all.

if you mean me, I have no plans to go over to fibre to be honest. Paying extra money for more speed and less data use don't make sense. Of cause that could change in the future, but I certainly not expecting to go fibre this year even if by some miracle our exchange is updated.

I'm not sure to be honest, you or your mates may be telling the truth...not sure if its true, no disrespect meant.

You will go fibre as soon as you can and can afford it, its in your nature, deny now but you will sign up for it no doubt and nothing wrong in that, it has to be better than the 3 or 4 you get now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure to be honest, you or your mates may be telling the truth...not sure if its true, no disrespect meant.

For what reason would I make it up? it is certainly true.
    You will go fibre as soon as you can and can afford it, its in your nature, deny now but you will sign up for it no doubt and nothing wrong in that, it has to be better than the 3 or 4 you get now.

i can afford fibre now if I could get it and I wanted it. why is it in my nature? The only reason I went for ADSL almost as soon as it was activated at our exchange was because I had a lodger and it seemed a better idea at the time for two people using the same connection, also it did not bung up the telephone and at the time there was no limits. also Bt gave me free conenctiuon and my lodger paid half.

If I did not have a lodger at the time I doubt I would gone for ADSL for a while, eventually I would have.

fibre is a different thing the only advantage is a bit more speed, going to fibre I would lose my unlimited, no traffic management service I get now. I got no need for 30 odd megabits, maybe a bit more speed, but not that much. I can do what I need to do on the speed I have got and to be honest I don't really want to go back onto the BT network with it profiling and traffic management.
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member

TT are good at setting up deals to pay off what you owe, they don't want to lose your custom but if it is let run then the 'machine' cuts you off.

They can't be such a bad company then noise, you must be warming to neo's way of thinking :eek: :).

I left them for Sky a couple of months ago, my speed is faster by 2MB and stable ... so far, but I never had any major gripes with them in over 4 years.