TalkTalk are HOPELESS

13»

Comments

• Grandad56Grandad56 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Hi guys, I know this thread seems quitr old, but as I am in the process of changing my ISP and phone from TT to BT, I thought I would put my 2 pennyworth in. I was originally with Tiscali, I was very happy with the service, I had unlimited downloads and it was reasonably fast. Then Tiscali were bought out by TT. I received an e-mail advising of changes to the terms and conditions and asking if I wanted to sign up for a new 18 month contract. I declined, despite being called by them to sign up. Speeds now are not great and I decided to go back to BT, who I was with before Tiscali and as BT seem to have learned that they have to offer better deals now they do not have a monopoly. I sent an e-mail to TT requesting a MAC code, 2 days later they called me and advised that as I was on LLU, they didn't use MAC codes, (even though, there is a LLU MAC code.) The caller asked why I wanted to change and I told them I was not happy with the speed and 40gb, got the usual blurb about let us see if we can come to some arrangment. Stopped him right there. BT advised that there was no problem over the MAC code and gave me a good deal. I am waiting for a final bill from TT and do not expect to have to pay anything but the 1 months BB line rental etc. God help them if they want more. As they say, watch this space.
  • skl1983skl1983 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I hope yours goes a lot more smoothly than mine as I was due to change to BT on 20/06/12 and that didn't happen as BT said TalkTalk havn't released the line and TalkTalk said BT didn't give a date when they requested to take over the line so I asked TalkTalk to release the line but they decided to cease the line so BT couldn't take over it and no I have no phone or broadband now. I set up the BT Home Hub 3 on the evening of the activation day and the broadband light connected but TalkTalk still was the provider and the Home Hub isn't supposed to work with non BT Broadband services...
  • Grandad56Grandad56 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Quote from skl1983
    I hope yours goes a lot more smoothly than mine as I was due to change to BT on 20/06/12 and that didn't happen as BT said TalkTalk havn't released the line and TalkTalk said BT didn't give a date when they requested to take over the line so I asked TalkTalk to release the line but they decided to cease the line so BT couldn't take over it and no I have no phone or broadband now. I set up the BT Home Hub 3 on the evening of the activation day and the broadband light connected but TalkTalk still was the provider and the Home Hub isn't supposed to work with non BT Broadband services..

Surely this is a case to be referred to Ofcom, unless users make complaints, then ISPs will just keep getting away with murder.
  • madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ofcom will not act on individual cases. They will only give advice and collate the information and act if enough people complan. If talk talk are preventing a switch then take It up with directly. Dont ring support lines register on the forums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

If any customers have a support request please contact us directly via the TalkTalk Members Forum

Alternatively you can also tweet us @TalkTalkCare

Regards

Mark
    TalkTalk Online Community Department
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi All,

If any customers have a support request please contact us directly via the TalkTalk Members Forum

Regards

Mark

Please see the thread I've opened on the broadband area re email delivery. Is limiting my income and hugely frustrating.
    Your phone lines are shut and whilst I've emailed, I'm not going to get a reply any time soon. Also you will note I'm not the only one.
    Esp miffed as I've just moved my phone from BT too.:rolleyes:
  • Dean LambertDean Lambert Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Regards

Mark

For what? To be ignored or the complaint passed to someone that doesn't give a toss?

Don't get me wrong, TalkTalk do have about 1% of staff who do a good job, it's just a shame that the 99% couldn't care less.

My problem has gone on since the first day I joined TalkTalk...and still goes on now. I'm so looking forward to Wednesday when my new supplier takes over
  • madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Regards

Mark

Or email the executives office. At late I found staff have a bit of an attitude on the forums. ceoexec@talktalkplc.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk Talk Support does not exist.
    My telephone number stopped showing on outgoing calls - for three months they denied it was anything to do with them then one day I got someone who actually bothered to look.
    It got fixed.
    Some time after that incoming calls started being intercepted after one ring, by an answerphone (not mine)that said 'you may not leave a message' then disconnected. Again this went on for months with them again denying all responsibility. As effectively they were not providing a telephone service, although the AOL broadband was fine, I changed to Plusnet. Guess what! The instant Plusnet went live the phone was back to normal.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem with Talktalk and other providers is we only hear the horror stories, the millions of folk who have good service have no motivation to go online and say how good their provider is.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the other thing is that some people will just put up with it because they get told that it is where they live or their lines are too long.

Happened to someone I know who got sky broadband, they was told the reason they had such slow speeds is because of their long phone line and they just accepted that until a relative of theirs told them that no way is their naff speed is because of the distance they are from the exchange.

So they got back in touch with Sky and they found out after a bit of pushing that it it was a fault on the line.
    Not sky's fault that there was a fault, but it was their fault that it was not rectified until after a second call.

Still that is still better than Talk Talk, where you may as well talk to a brick wall.
  • satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest grudge for me is that you cannot understand a word they say.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    the other thing is that some people will just put up with it because they get told that it is where they live or their lines are too long.

Happened to someone I know who got sky broadband, they was told the reason they had such slow speeds is because of their long phone line and they just accepted that until a relative of theirs told them that no way is their naff speed is because of the distance they are from the exchange.

So they got back in touch with Sky and they found out after a bit of pushing that it it was a fault on the line.
    Not sky's fault that there was a fault, but it was their fault that it was not rectified until after a second call.

Still that is still better than Talk Talk, where you may as well talk to a brick wall.

So an open reach problem then?

Back to talktalk bashing noise old boy lol, a service you've never even had :D
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    So an open reach problem then?

Back to talktalk bashing noise old boy lol, a service you've never even had :D

I never said it was not a open reach problem, the difference is that sky did take notice, mind you after they was contacted the second time. Talk Talk you are lucky to get any sense out of them after the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th call.

I told you before, you don't need to have a service with a company to see who they work. i seen enough of Talk Talk Service in different peoples homes to know that I would never want them in my home, Talk talk that is.

sky is slightly better, still not sure if I would want sky broadband mind you, but if I had to go for something that is a bit budgety ( is that a word?) then I prefer to choose sky than some of the other budget ISps out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi Ice cream man,

If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum or Tweet us @TalkTalkCare we can investigate into any issues you are experiencing.

@satman17 If you use the above methods all communications are in writing so misunderstanding are rare.

Regards

Mark
    Online Community Department
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I never said it was not a open reach problem, the difference is that sky did take notice, mind you after they was contacted the second time. Talk Talk you are lucky to get any sense out of them after the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th call.

I told you before, you don't need to have a service with a company to see who they work. i seen enough of Talk Talk Service in different peoples homes to know that I would never want them in my home, Talk talk that is.

sky is slightly better, still not sure if I would want sky broadband mind you, but if I had to go for something that is a bit budgety ( is that a word?) then I prefer to choose sky than some of the other budget ISps out there.

I would rate Sky rather well in terms of sending openreach for faults. I know of cases where customers have switched to Sky because talktalk refused to recognise the fault, so switching to sky they send out an engineer to fix the fault and provide service. I imagine this is how talktalk can provide such low cost packages. The less they pay openreach the lower their prices?