2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else got the visitation SE yet? still not arrived but i think that is because we have stupid postmen here in Banbury who don't deliver till 3:00PM!

Post hasn't been here yet either, but im having doubts that it will arrive today as people are posting on gallifrey base that theirs hasn't arrived from the BBC Shop
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne814 wrote: »
    Post hasn't been here yet either, but im having doubts that it will arrive today as people are posting on gallifrey base that theirs hasn't arrived from the BBC Shop

still not here either, bit annoyed that i ordered a couple of months back and they cant get a simple order done!!!
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard luck lads.can't see it turning up on Monday either being a bank holiday. might nip down to asda on Monday to pick up a copy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard luck lads.can't see it turning up on Monday either being a bank holiday. might nip down to asda on Monday to pick up a copy.

considering this is my 1st time ordering from BBC shop they are not making a very good impression! Although i don't think it's there fault, i think it is royal mail, because i got an email on Wednesday saying they dispatched it though them and it is expected Saturday. God i hate royal mail now.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't arrive but it looks like nobody's has from the BBC Shop
  • MartinMartin Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    considering this is my 1st time ordering from BBC shop they are not making a very good impression! Although i don't think it's there fault, i think it is royal mail, because i got an email on Wednesday saying they dispatched it though them and it is expected Saturday. God i hate royal mail now.

I have had all my pre orders from BBC Shop for the last 8 months and this is only the first time the DVD hasn't arrived on Saturday. I am not too upset because I haven't heard of anyone getting theirs today. They must have all been sent out together and the bag got delayed somehwere.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got my copy on friday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching the 1st dalek film this weekend on DVD and the picture quality is perfect. Is there any benefit in getting the re releases if you have the original dalek collection ?
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very excited about all the animated reconstructions we've got coming out this year despite having not seen, heard or read any of them. There was over a six year gap between Invasion and Reign, and now we're getting four in a single year. Lucky us!

I've got The Ice Warriors on pre-order, which I don't normally do but I'm giving these my full financial support in the hope we'll get some more along the way.

I'm especially excited about The Moonbase for some reason; I hope it's good.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Reign of Terror was very well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the reign of terror DVD,short on extras though and the animation was only OK. I thought it was funny jack Cunningham playing a french jailer with a broad Lancashire accent.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is now May 6th and The Visitation has been released in the UK. I am also updating the list. The date for Regeneration in the U.K. is June 24th according to The TARDIS Library, so I am updating that as well. I believe that all of the other dates for the UK are now correct.

The Visitation (SE): UK: Available Now, US: May 14th
    Dalek Movies (Blu-Ray): UK: May 27th
    Inferno (SE): UK: May 27th, US: June 11th
    The Mind of Evil: UK: June 3rd, US: June 11th
    Regeneration: UK: June 24th
    Doctors Revisited 1-4: US: June 11th
    Spearhead From Space (Blu-Ray): UK: July 15th, US: August 13th (?)
    The Green Death (SE): UK: August 5th, US: August 13th (?)
    The Ice Warriors: UK: August 26th, US: September 10th (?)
    Scream of the Shalka: UK: September 16th, US: October 8th (?)
    Terror of the Zygons: UK: September 30th, US: October 8th (?)
    The Moonbase: UK: October 21st, US: November 12 (?)
    The Tenth Planet: UK: November 18th, US: December 10th (?)

and

The Underwater Menace: Episode 2

With possible future Special Editions:

The Dalek Invasion of Earth
    The Web Planet
    The Mind Robber
    Genesis of the Daleks
    Pyramids of Mars
    The Hand of Fear
    Horror of Fang Rock
    City of Death
    The Leisure Hive
    Earthshock
    The Mark of the Rani
    The Two Doctors
    Revelation of the Daleks
    Ghost Light
    The Curse of Fenric

And with possible future completed by animation releases:

The Underwater Menace
    The Crusade

I really, really wish that we could have some more concrete dates here for the US. The Doctor Who Release Schedule for the US on the official website is still, as it has been for the last month or so, completely empty:

http://releases.doctorwhonews.net/index.php

Sad face. :(

I am envious, y'all seem to have a ton of releases coming out in May, June and July in the UK, while here in the US, we have just The Visitation (SE) in May, a bit more in June and then nothing whatsoever in July (and no firm dates whatsoever beyond that). I feel like I am living on the edge of civilization hoping that they will share with me the secret to making water come out of the ground. :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa whoa whoa. No one seems to have copies of visitation se yet. Will have a nozy to see if its in de asda later on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa whoa whoa. No one seems to have copies of visitation se yet. Will have a nozy to see if its in de asda later on.

Hey, it is the release date and it is now after 9:00 a.m. in London, so I figured that it had seen it's release. If for some reason it is not released today, please let me know. LOL! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UM should have been on the Moonbase DVD,.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UM should have been on the Moonbase DVD,.

This statement is vague to me.

Are you wanting the newly found but thus far unreleased episode on there, a reconstruction with the newly-found episode (like they did with Galaxy 4 on The Aztecs) or for Underwater Menace to be fully completed with animation for the two remaining episodes and released with The Moonbase as a box set?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will probably get underwater menace released completed by animation sometime next year. They have not half made us wait for it. It will have been over 2 years since episode 2 was found.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will probably get underwater menace released completed by animation sometime next year. They have not half made us wait for it. It will have been over 2 years since episode 2 was found.

I agree. I expect to see The Crusade (completed with animation), Underwater Menace (completed with animation) and maybe some Special Editions released next year. Beyond that, I am not sure. I am hoping for a widening of the parameters under which they will animate more of the missing episodes in order to complete currently incomplete serials. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still not got mine, should expect it tomorrow.
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    They've probably delayed the visitation on purpose so as to do the same with series 7 part 2 and make sure that don't arrive early.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got the greatest show in the galaxy from HMV, and they had the visitation SE! I thought about buying it but i held off. Very annoyed about this delay. Is it royal mail or BBC shop? Because i got a dispatch email on Wednesday and that means it is in the hands of royal mail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked up the visitation se £13.97 in asda .
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Picked up the visitation se £13.97 in asda .

Yes, got it in asda as well. went to tesco first but they don't have it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a definate improvement in picture quality in the visitation se.much sharper less fuzzy. The trailer for inferno is on disc 2 and while the picture quality looks better than the original dvd it does not look as good as I hoped,quite fuzzy in places.hopefully the actual DVD will be better.might have to put inferno on hold for a month or so as mind of evil is released the week after and takes priority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just typical. Tomorrow i will most likely get the visitation SE delivered right? Well, just found out in an emergency that i have to go to Blackpool tomorrow for a couple of days! Most awkward week ever!