Options

Please tell me I'm not alone

geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
Forum Member
✭✭
So many threads and comments tonight saying "Toya is back in the game", "I love Toya!", "best Big Brother episode yet". This honestly makes me quite sad that there is so many people out there who find arguments, bullying, arrogance, conflict, upsetting people and anger entertaining. This is REALLY what you watch this show for?

I know this argument has been made countless times, but the attitude that conflict, fighting and arguments is the entertaining part of BB aware just getting stronger and more common.

I harm back to housemates like Pete Bennett. Like Craig from BB1. Like Johnnny the fireman or Glynn from BB7. People who were just up for a laugh, were witty, had fun and enjoyed themselves. That's what I find entertaining.

It's no wonder the viewer numbers are falling, because the fight-fans seem more vocal about it, so the producers are manufacturing volatile housemate combinations and situations so that people will argue.

To nights episode want one of the "best ever". It was uncomfortable to watch and also very disappointing to know people like that are celebrated.

I don't want to insult any of you guys personally, I just think that if that's what you find entertaining, that's what you like to watch to get your kicks, it's pretty disturbing, really. It makes me so sad for humanity that this is the preferred form of entertainment for so many people.

Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking this way.

Comments

• Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    :( I'm not really going to help your cause sweetie, because I do actually like the noise and arguments and discord but I'm sure someone will be along soon to agree with you.
  • Options
    geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a very sweet reply though !! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    geppsdood wrote: »
    What a very sweet reply though !! :)

I'm just a big soft puppy underneath all this bluster :)
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    I'm with you OP.

However with Ch5 we no longer have what you could call 'Big Brother'.

It's so distorted from the original concept, that they might as well call it 'This used to be Big Brother"

The whole thing is scripted imo..............not that Ch5 would ever admit to that unless exposed.

But the problem is, no serious journalist even cares about ever exposing them.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    I'm with you OP.

However with Ch5 we no longer have what you could call 'Big Brother'.

It's so distorted from the original concept, that they might as well call it 'This used to be Big Brother"

The whole thing is scripted imo..............not that Ch5 would ever admit to that unless exposed.

But the problem is, no serious journalist even cares about ever exposing them.

That's what I used to think, we had live feed and we could argue the edits. But, in reality, this is exactly what big brother is about, Big brother is in charge.
  • Options
    Phil O'SopherPhil O'Sopher Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many threads and comments tonight saying "Toya is back in the game", "I love Toya!", "best Big Brother episode yet". This honestly makes me quite sad that there is so many people out there who find arguments, bullying, arrogance, conflict, upsetting people and anger entertaining. This is REALLY what you watch this show for?

I know this argument has been made countless times, but the attitude that conflict, fighting and arguments are the entertaining part of BB, are just getting stronger and more common.

I hark back to housemates like Pete Bennett. Like Craig from BB1. Like Johnnny the fireman or Glynn from BB7. People who were just up for a laugh, were witty, had fun and enjoyed themselves. That's what I find entertaining.

It's no wonder the viewer numbers are falling, because the fight-fans seem more vocal about it, so the producers are manufacturing volatile housemate combinations and situations so that people will argue.

Tonight's episode want one of the "best ever". It was uncomfortable to watch and also very disappointing to know people like that are celebrated.

I don't want to insult any of you guys personally, I just think that if that's what you find entertaining, that's what you like to watch to get your kicks, it's pretty disturbing, really. It makes me so sad for humanity that this is the preferred form of entertainment for so many people.

I agree with your viewpoint, I hate all the fights. Toya's behaviour tonight was really extremely annoying and upsetting. She really is a revolting person, and episodes like this are not in my opinion entertaining. I don't want my entertainment to make me feel angry. It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I think most FMs are of the same opinion, but those that want her to remain because she fights, are a bit suspect. She's an arrogant control-freak, who's always right, whenever she shouts ;):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you. I enjoy drama but not when it comes at someone else's expense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with your viewpoint, I hate all the fights. Toya's behaviour tonight was really extremely annoying and upsetting. She really is a revolting person, and episodes like this are not in my opinion entertaining. I don't want my entertainment to make me feel angry. It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I think most FMs are of the same opinion, but those that want her to remain because she fights, are a bit suspect. She's an arrogant control-freak, who's always right, whenever she shouts ;):)

:blush::blush:
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    Op, I am with you. The pro Toya posts and threads and even the evict poll sadden me. How anyone thinks that nasty, aggressive, confrontational and negative woman is entertaining I will never understand. Tonight's episode made me mad and I don't like watching BB for that. I don't want a happy house either but I don't like arrogant bullies who don't know how to speak to people properly and start arguments. That's Toya in a nutshell and I hope she is given the boot on Friday!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    You are not alone
    I am here with you
    Though we're far apart
    You're always in my heart
    But you are not alone

I do wish Toya was a little bit less of a horror, but she's not, so it's bye bye.
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you OP, toya is just a charley wannabe
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was it Dannile said ? A man shouldnt stand up to a women like that..I spat my tea out...Toyah was all up in Ashs face she moved to him and not vice versa and the insult prick is very mild.

The girl needs anger management and to stop sounding like a walking sound bite machine and listen. I mean you cant yell at someone with your arms flailing, that THEY need to calm down..that was moronic.

Anyway she was all primed to kick off thats her play and ironically a good exit stratedy
  • Options
    Wicked FatherWicked Father Posts: 1,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely with you. As a stupid comparison I'd say I want to watch Youtube videos of kittens playing, not underworld dog fights. And I'm a right horror film geek, too.
  • Options
    yipgumyipgum Posts: 333
    Forum Member

I know this argument has been made countless times, but the attitude that conflict, fighting and arguments is the entertaining part of BB aware just getting stronger and more common.

I harm back to housemates like Pete Bennett. Like Craig from BB1. Like Johnnny the fireman or Glynn from BB7. People who were just up for a laugh, were witty, had fun and enjoyed themselves. That's what I find entertaining.

To nights episode want one of the "best ever". It was uncomfortable to watch and also very disappointing to know people like that are celebrated.

I totally agree. If you want this nonsense go watch Housewives of Atlanta. The people that like this arguing crap are probably raised in households like that and behave just like them. So, to the commenter after yours, sorry sweetie.
  • Options
    tfftff Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Hi original poster - there are enough posters to agree with you but I'd like to pose another view.
    Toya is a bit deluded and loves the pretend - but :)
    She did throw a shake-up right into the middle of the untouchable Winston: it was a noble fight for the last word and Winston won.
    The last word spoken by Winston? - "Yup"
    :p
    Go Toya!
  • Options
    silvensilven Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as to whether i like to watch rows....

oh dear, i really am on the fence :confused:

my nice side and horrible side are in conflict :(

however I do want any awful ones cast out with ignominy.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sort of with you.

I like a good mixture of fun and arguments. But it does seem like these days only the volatile HM's are labelled as great HM's.

If you are nice and just want to have a bit of fun they get called boring which is completely wrong in my opinion.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i wasn't a toya fan and i am still not.
    as long as Chris is safe , i am happy each week.

Jale , Chris , Christopher are the most popular ones on the fave HM poll on here & none of them get involved in the fighting.
    So not everyone likes people who just fight & moan in the house. Quieter ones are liked also. The most if anything.

Some people do change after 1 ep. It will take more than that for me to switch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Toya kicked off in an aggressive fishwife manner but then she did say her life did not depend on an appearance on the Big Brother show. Sometimes she is can be right.
    The others especially, Ash and his gang comment, revealed just how complacent their egos are. All that time Jale who is nominated every week was quietly roaming around in the background totally bemused by it all.
    Normally I hate the arguing but this time I found it entertaining. Sorry but I did.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My three favourite housemates have all been roundly detested on here - though I wasn't posting at the time.

Cameron
    Rachel
    Aaron

Because 'it's only a gameshow' it is necessary to have odious, loud, egotistical sorts in the mix for as long as possible - if only to savour their plummet from their pedestals. The longer they survive, the higher the pedestal, the more satisfying the splat :D

I find the rabid fanboyism amusing. My current favourite is Chris, but not to such a degree whereby I would feel oppressed if even the entire forum hated him.

That might yet change.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    I harm back to housemates like Pete Bennett. Like Craig from BB1. Like Johnnny the fireman or Glynn from BB7. .

Jonny and Pete were self-entitled tossers.

BB was at its absolute worst when it aired their puerile antics and pathetic whining. Pete moaning about Aisleyne's speech is possibly my most hated moment in BB history and Jonny is still a Bottom 5 housemate of all-time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with bullying what so ever. The Pauline, Helen drama was disgusting.

Arguments happen all over the place, at home with a partner, with a teenager, a couple in a pub, etc if someone filmed you and you looked back at yourself, you might be shocked, as when passion takes over and you think your right at the moment in time, then of course your personality changes a bit.

I am glad Toya defended herself against three others. Her vocabulary might not have been perfect but in the heat of the moment, most people's are not. What she said about them was partly true. She also managed to bring out their true personalities. So to me its 50/50.

I am glad someone has stood up to that group, it could of been anyone and I would of been happy, it just happens to of been Toya.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arguments are OK in small doses, as long as there is some light relief along the way.....
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toya is obviously a horror but she did take about three people and pull them out of their comfort zone, no-one was "bullied" so it all came out in the wash :cool:

I think all the main protagonists of the argument are ***** anyway, so I am quite happy to see them hang themselves ASAP :p