BT - How to avoid Indian call centres

Every time I call BT customer services I always end up in Indian call centres. this is regardles sof which options I press and what time of day I call. When I ask to be put through to someone in the Uk they tell me they can't do it.

I assume BT does still have some staff based in the UK so I am wodnering how I can still ensure I can speak to someone in the UK which is all the more important given Bt's usual gobbledygook regarding these forthcoming price changes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I get an Indian call center, all I do is hang up and try again until I get an UK call center
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's WAY out of line Simon. Firstly I am NOT racist and ai am NOT a thug. Kindly refain from such statements in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    If I get an Indian call center, all I do is hang up and try again until I get an UK call center

I do the same but it never seems to work.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I knew. I'm not racist but I'm not about to support Indian call centres when I'm getting charged for a spoken service that I can't understand! And a customer services centre that can't understand me in return! It's infuriating!

Then when they do understand, they know even less about the subject than the Brits do.
  • clive4clive4 Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Why do you have to keep on calling BT Customer Service? There must be an ongoing unresolved problem somewhere. In order to survive in today's market many solutions have been forced upon BT, outsourcing being one of them.
    Can't you manage 'Your Account' online? Try 'Contact Us'.
    If you are really desparate, try the CEO himself, ben.verwaayen@bt.com and his PA should be able to get things moving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clive4 wrote: »
    Why do you have to keep on calling BT Customer Service? There must be an ongoing unresolved problem somewhere. In order to survive in today's market many solutions have been forced upon BT, outsourcing being one of them.
    If you are really desparate, try the CEO himself, ben.verwaayen@bt.com and his PA should be able to get things moving.

When for the second time in less than 2 weeks you're getting a hissing noise on the line when your're connected to broadband.

You report it. BT faults department (if you can call it that because there's no engineer available to tal to about your problem) say that the fault is on the broadband side and your ISP says it's on the voice side. You just mention the magic word "OFCOM" and suddenly there's an engineer available to come out to check your line the next day rather than next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clive4 wrote: »

I do have online billing but they seem to only be producing me a quarterly bill and I want a monthly bill and I see no way of changing that online which is why i call the CS only to end up in India.

Also, it would be good to be able to clarify the dod thing about these callk changes too and it would be helpful if the person was able to understand what i was saying to them and what they were saying to me along with them being able to answer my question rather than repeating pre-prepared phrases which do not answer the question.
  • clive4clive4 Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I'm tearing out my hair as well. Our paper-free online billing direct debit file is now two inches thick with bills and threats to disconnect, so emailed Ben again today with a long list of unresolved problems.
    Just returned home to find his fw. reply on my queries. "Team: please sort this. Ben".
  • twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know how to make sure you don't get India. There is a phone number that I ring starting 0207 (London) and you get through to London and then ask for Customer Services in the UK. It worked for me, you still get in a queue but it is the UK that answers.

Am I allowed to give th number out on this board?
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    When for the second time in less than 2 weeks you're getting a hissing noise on the line when your're connected to broadband.

If you only hear that when connected to ADSL - it sounds like you have a faulty ADSL filter.. and if BT come out and reach the same conclusion they will charge you as its not part of their network which is at fault..

Regards
    Sunil
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »
    I know how to make sure you don't get India. There is a phone number that I ring starting 0207 (London) and you get through to London and then ask for Customer Services in the UK. It worked for me, you still get in a queue but it is the UK that answers.

Am I allowed to give th number out on this board?

Thank you for that. Can you PM me the number please?
  • craigEcraigE Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    RadiorobFM wrote: »
    Thank you for that. Can you PM me the number please?

Dont give it out. It is only used in exceptional circumstances. If it is used too much it will be canceled, then there will be no direct route to the UK at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    If you only hear that when connected to ADSL - it sounds like you have a faulty ADSL filter.. and if BT come out and reach the same conclusion they will charge you as its not part of their network which is at fault..

Regards
    Sunil

Yes, the engineer did try to blaim my set-up, but I'd already gone through all the possible problems. Changing filters, changed router cables and even tried using a different computer before phoning BT for the second time.

Rather reluctantly, well it was last thing Friday afternoon, the engineers used a gizmo called "Hawk" and found that there was a fault on the overhead lines 370 metres away.
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found that selecting an option that generates revenue (such as Come Back to BT) or risks losing them revenue (such as Moving House or Ceasing BT) usually does the trick, and you'll get a quicker answer.

It seldom seems to route you to a specific department, it just determines whether you're important to them or considered a nuisance.

If you select something non-profitable (like complaining or querying a bill) then you'll be transferred to India and held in a very long queue !