Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mariets wrote: »
    A few year ago I was on a flight to Las Vegas and Richard Dreyfuss was on board in 1st class. Unfortunately their toilets were broken and they were using the ones in cattle class. Several people came through the cabin without a fuss, apart from Mr D who had two cabin crew in front of him and two behind acting as chaperones in case us plebs dared to try and talk to him.

What an absolute knob. Such a 'celeb' I've actually never heard of this person!!

Frankly I'd have pointed and laughed openly at such a prima donna :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    My sister works at a holiday camp and told me about when Chico visited.

He went for a meal at the restaurant before his gig and left without paying, and then after his gig tried to go to the Papa John's onsite. The manager told him they were closed, and he said the immortal line 'Don't you know who I am? I'm Chico,' to which the manager replied, 'Don't you know who I am? I'm Michael.'
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He went for a meal at the restaurant before his gig and left without paying, and then after his gig tried to go to the Papa John's onsite. The manager told him they were closed, and he said the immortal line 'Don't you know who I am? I'm Chico,' to which the manager replied, 'Don't you know who I am? I'm Michael.'

I guess the restaurant bill never got paid either?
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

:D Quality
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

They should have called the police & had him charged for this... And for crimes against 'entertainment' :D

What a c@ck!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »

Nope. Apparently he was alright apart from that, got photos with everyone and stuff, but just presumed he was entitled to everything.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might have already mentioned this but in my case it was 'comedian' Ardal O'Hanlon...'Dougal' from Father Ted. About as funny as the inside leg of a chair.
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    What an absolute knob. Such a 'celeb' I've actually never heard of this person!!

Frankly I'd have pointed and laughed openly at such a prima donna :D

I recognised him from Jaws as he was one of the main stars, but he's quite big in the US.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000377/
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might have already mentioned this but in my case it was 'comedian' Ardal O'Hanlon...'Dougal' from Father Ted. About as funny as the inside leg of a chair.

To be fair, you can't hold it against a comedian if they're not funny-unless they're on stage, of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    DH has met ant and dec, who were very nice, although ant was shy.
    He's met Johnathon Wilkies who was a nice down to earth guy.
    The Weasley Twins weren't very talkative.
    Ben Shephard was nice
    he also recently through work met 'some apparently famous bearded comedian' who's name escapes him!! who was apparently the funniest guy alive.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many years ago, Robert Smith of The Cure spent an hour standing outside Selfridges with me and my then boyfriend, just chatting. A truly lovely, lovely man!
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mariets wrote: »
    A few year ago I was on a flight to Las Vegas and Richard Dreyfuss was on board in 1st class. Unfortunately their toilets were broken and they were using the ones in cattle class. Several people came through the cabin without a fuss, apart from Mr D who had two cabin crew in front of him and two behind acting as chaperones in case us plebs dared to try and talk to him.

A few years ago he was appearing in a play in my home town and the theatre had booked him into the 5 * hotel where I worked (they booked most of the big named stars in with us) he refused to stay without even going to his room - goodness knows where he did stay because that was the best hotel in the city !
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone ever met Anthony Cotton from Corrie?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »

I sense that you may be taking the proverbial there. ;)
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    Yeah, quiet, very humble and shy, not at all full of himself. It's no wonder that he's so popular with his co-stars and fan.
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I met Freddie Starr once - creepy letch, made my skin crawl
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Freddie Starr once - creepy letch, made my skin crawl

So did my mum. She was collecting for a local charity at the time. He offered to donate some of his sperm. Nice.
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J K Rowling.

At a book signing i got dragged along too, very poor attitude and sneery,seemed to hate the idea f meeting the fans. Was put in a foul mood by a parent who loudly criticised her attitude towards her child, Rowling stormed off in a huff.

Spitefull ignorant woman.
  • occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,409
    Forum Member
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    J K Rowling.

At a book signing i got dragged along too, very poor attitude and sneery,seemed to hate the idea f meeting the fans. Was put in a foul mood by a parent who loudly criticised her attitude towards her child, Rowling stormed off in a huff.

Spitefull ignorant woman.

Or maybe feeling unwell. Or very (as it looks to me) shy. Or all sorts of things - people have bad days.
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    So did my mum. She was collecting for a local charity at the time. He offered to donate some of his sperm. Nice.

He was so Vile.
  • bruisedkneesbruisedknees Posts: 20,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Nice:

Simon Fuller - Always polite, well mannered and always remembers 'insignificant' people's names when he really doesn't need to.

Simon Cowell - polite, charming and engaging.

Emma Bunton - always 'on', chatty, smiley and great with fans.

Carrie Underwood - Sweet and polite but... a bit dull. Only encountered her once, though. Probably jet lagged.

Geri Halliwell - mad as a box of frogs but on a 'good day' she is an amazing person to be around. Infectious, inspiring, charming, smart, if she 'likes' the look/aura/vibe of you - she will remember your name and greet you like a long lost best friend every time she see's you. Dirty laugh that is very infectious!

David Beckham - Even more stunning in real life, very polite, unassuming, down-to-earth. Bit dull for me, but always seems like a great chap.

Victoria Beckham - won't hear a bad word against Vicky B. FABULOUS at all times - very petite and pretty in person. Quite smiley (though she often hides her mouth or looks around for cameras if she giggles). VERY professional and business savvy - if you're working for her and not doing your job properly she has no problem telling you, not much gets past her in terms of business or money but always plays fair. Here come the oft' said ones - witty, funny, dry sense of humor and self deprecating. Classics. But true.

Lewis Hamilton - Not met the chap but watched him sign what must have been well over 40 autographs and have his picture taken almost each time with a smile on his face after saying to a colleague that he was in a rush to meet his step-mum! awwww.

Jennifer Saunders: Sometimes shy but very kind, generous and naturally hilarious.

Not so nice:

Geri Halliwell: Not pleasant to be around on a bad day. The stories I could tell! Has been quite rude even to fans who have waited for hours to meet her on occasions - but usually feels bad afterwards. All in all a very compassionate person, heart is in the right place but temperament up and down like a ping pong ball.

Judy Craymer: Very elusive, borderline rude. Not sure if she is self concious of has one hell of a superiority complex.

Andy Murray: Not impressed with Andy either time I encountered him. Uninterested in anyone but himself, balshy and 'allegedly' watched him say "for f*cks sake", in my opinion, in the face of a PA over some minor miscommunication over his preferred beverage.

Mel B: Demanding, rude, loud, unreasonable, obnoxious, money-grabbing harridan.

I don't understand the comments about Andy Murray as they don't appear very articulate although you have apparently encountered him more than once. Is it possible for you to rephrase them? Looking forward to any clarification you can provide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe feeling unwell. Or very (as it looks to me) shy. Or all sorts of things - people have bad days.

This. From what I've seen of her in the media, I really can't imagine J.K Rowling to be purposely nasty.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the comments about Andy Murray as they don't appear very articulate although you have apparently encountered him more than once. Is it possible for you to rephrase them? Looking forward to any clarification you can provide.

I tried to word my comments regarding Andy quite carefully as, for many reasons, one can get into an awful lot of trouble for revealing alleged facts about a public figure especially when witnessed in a 'private', professional environment.

This is an account of watching Andy Murray being rude according to Kenny12.

Allegedly, I have encountered Andy Murray twice and I was not impressed with the behaviour that I witnessed on either occasion.

In my opinion, he seemed to be uninterested in anyone other than himself. Very childish. He came across as very bolshy (stroppy) to almost everyone around him apart from his mother.

In my opinion, I believe that I allegedly watched Andy Murray shout "for f*cks sake" in the face of a young Personal Assistant in what I would call an aggressive manner - simply because she didn't prepare his beverage in the correct way.

Allegedly.

Allegedly.

Allegedly.

Allegedly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Andy Murray is the most disliked sportsperson ever. Eveyone I know cant stand him.Hopefully he will retire soon and rid us of his presence for good.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Diana Vickers backstage at a concert once. She was bloody hilarious and very, very sweet.