Error symbol...what does it mean?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
Forum Member
I have a 9200t and, at the risk of asking something that may have been asked before, I seem to be suffering a rash of failed recordings.
Im on v21 software and have used both "whole series" and "one program" recordings, both have caused failures.
The failed recordings appear in the recordings list with a symbol..a yellow rectangle with a red circle on top, on the left hand side..at least I think thats the symbol because when I put the box into stand-by and switched it back on the recordings were gone. My girlfriend had tried to play the recordings but was met with a blank screen each time, I was met with an angry face as todays Aussie soaps were gone!
My signal is terrific so im not thinking poor signal quality..100% on most channels.
Any ideas would be appreciated as the box only has 1 month guarantee left (ive had it nearly 2 years). Many thanks in advance

Comments

• nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    It "officially" means recording not started due to conflicting reservations, although it normally occurs in other circumstances, ie. disc already full (as opposed to the yellow rectangle, green circle, which means recording started but not completed, which can also happen because the disc capacity becomes used up).
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add.

You can get an addendum, and the new manual from the link below....in pdf format.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/update/Default.aspx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I did download the revised manual..but the printer at work ran out of paper!! I checked what I had and couldnt see an explanation.
    The two programs that failed yesterday were the only 2 programs on the hard-drive so I know it isnt full.
    After switching the power off I have done a factory reset and formatted the hard drive and it seems to have recorded 2 programs ok last night (one on series link, one not).
    Thanks for your help guys..im keeping my fingers crossed!