Options

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, coming 2011 (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Just started Syria

Very slow start

Chateau is best part so far.

Someone has been to the Metropolitan Railwa museum
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    spoilers!!
    ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My pre-order (from June) from Bee.com hasn't shipped yet. Brill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just starting chapter 16 at
    the airport
    and it's getting tricky (on hard anyway) but WOW what a game!
    escaping from the ship that's sinking is a head **** with the world flipped on its side

I was stuck at a bit for a hour trying to get by but came across a glitch & had to restart as it was impossible to go further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na2FKnfYkTw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    lininjim wrote: »
    My pre-order (from June) from Bee.com hasn't shipped yet. Brill.

My bank account screwed up again........ Now shopto.net have gone security mad had to order of amazon better come soon !
  • Options
    CeeBeeUKCeeBeeUK Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Just got to the
    dust storm in Caravan
    Wow!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Finished the game today, loved it, maybe not quite as much as Uncharted 2 but still amazing. It did seem to have more OMFG moments though. Played it on hard and there was one bit near the end that almost had me turn it off, going to be quite tough on crushing but must get that platinum!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was in a big tescos today, all sold out! in less than 24 hours! and it was marked as number 2 on the chart, the number 1; Battlefield 3, had about 50 copies on the shelf :eek: :mad: :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ironmonk1 wrote: »
    was in a big tescos today, all sold out! in less than 24 hours! and it was marked as number 2 on the chart, the number 1; Battlefield 3, had about 50 copies on the shelf :eek: :mad: :cry:

Perhaps they never put them on the shelf - our Tosscos didn't as I don't think they had any copies.

Sainsburies were queuing for it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they never put them on the shelf - our Tosscos didn't as I don't think they had any copies.

Sainsburies were queuing for it!

hmmm maybe, although I can't see why every other game would be put on the shelf other than U3, so I just assumed it was sold out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ironmonk1 wrote: »
    hmmm maybe, although I can't see why every other game would be put on the shelf other than U3, so I just assumed it was sold out!

I don't think ours even had any, and they are very near, so I drove to Sainsburies then dropped off my twins at school.
  • Options
    jubalcjubalc Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Awesome game. Im on chapter 4 at the moment and for me its soooooo good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Was lucky enough to get the game a day early for some reason, so finished last night - loved literally everything except for the plot, seemed kinda messy and jumbled up a bit. I swear there were whole threads of it left totally unresolved by the end... So still think the second one's the best overall, though the graphics/set-pieces etc in Deception were undeniably INCREDIBLE. Head and shoulders above everything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just completed it on hard :D Loved everything about it besides
    the desert stage after the crash. It was good but went on a bit long IMO

Liked the scenes with him
    tripping out & the screen went all weird
    & I played a little bit in 3D which was incredible
    the part with the building on fire & things were falling all over the place

The graphics, action, platforming, dialogue & music were superb.

Can't really fault it! My GOTY ahead of Portal 2.

Going to see what trophies I'm missing which are simple to get & go for them & leave it a little while before playing on crushing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just arrived in Syria. All Im going to say is wow. Its like playing a movie if you know what I mean. My GOTY by mile if it continues like this.
  • Options
    CeeBeeUKCeeBeeUK Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Just finished it on Hard, my first play.

I'd say it's easier than UC2 but it still has a fantastic balance of platform and shooting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Change of view

Chapter 11 and on exceptional
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played this for a few hours this afternoon and at the first proper shooting section (the bit underground, Chapter 4 or 5 I think) I felt the aiming didn't quite feel right. I must admit since that particular part of the game things seemed to have settled down, it does feel different to UC1 and UC2 IMO and not for the better.

Anyone else felt things don't feel quite right with the aiming?
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Played this for a few hours this afternoon and at the first proper shooting section (the bit underground, Chapter 4 or 5 I think) I felt the aiming didn't quite feel right. I must admit since that particular part of the game things seemed to have settled down, it does feel different to UC1 and UC2 IMO and not for the better.

Anyone else felt things don't feel quite right with the aiming?

I thought the pistols felt better than I remember from previous games, but the AK seems rubbish at long range now.
  • Options
    gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Would it be worth getting the Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception - Fortune Hunters' Club pass for £19.99?

Details

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    anybody STILL waiting on a preorder from play.com? mine was supposedly dispatched last friday and it still hasnt arrived. wierd as my friend who also preordered from play got his wednesday. (he lives in surrey and im from thanet in kent - i dont know if that would make a difference with delivery times) i have the dlc codes but no game!
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just reached the 'Stowaway' level on the plane. Gonna share a few thought, with some obvious SPOILERS, so don't read if you have not got to this level yet...

I really was not sure about this one at first...it seemed to start very, very slowly, and there seemed to be an awful lot of dialogue and exposition. Sure, it livens up during the shootout scenes, and the level design and graphics are very good.

And then it seemed to turn into Tomb Raider, with creepy old chateau's, underground tombs and artefacts. Yes, I know these games have always homaged the TR games, but for the first 6 or 7 levels it felt like it was lacking variety, like it needed a change of scenery, everything seemed fairly dark and gloomy. It was only when reaching the Syria levels that the game felt like it opened out and became a little more colourful and entertaining. And those rooftop cityscapes really do look spectacular, make no mistake.

And as for the major set pieces, I felt they were a long time coming - the first one that really impressed me was the fire in the old chateau. Following this, the whole sequence in the old shiptard and on the big ship itself is where the game really came to life for me, where it really felt like an Uncharted game properly. That sequence in the upturned ship is distinctly unnerving and very tense.

And the tension is one of things that impresses about the game. There are plenty of shocks and suprises, and moments where enemies ambush you when you least expect it.

I liked the variety of these shootout and combat sequences...you can choose to use stealth, or hand to hand combat or just go in all guns blazing. And there are different levels of bad guys, with different fighting styles, and they come in different sizes too...some of them are very hard to defeat, and some of these guys are damn big! To be fair, once you work out the tactics of the different bad guys, it does make the game seem a little easy.

I also really liked the sequence where Drake is drugged, and he has to escape through narrow streets, the POV camera effect is impressive and quite disorientating.

So now that I am quite a way into the game (level 17) I am now enjoying it a lot more than those first few levels. Just not sure I am enjoying it as much as the second game. Sometimes the levels feel a little too long and dare I say a little boring - it's one of the downsides I find of games that like to boast a large playing area, levels and maps etc...it can sometimes feel like a bit of a chore to get through them.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed the Syrian stage and I'm loving this game so far as I knew I would. My only worry is that I'm probably already halfway through the game after just 3-4 hours of play but Uncharted games have always been quite short.
    The graphics are divine, and I loved the opening level in Lahnndan tahnnn:D The Helen Mirran character is great too.
    It doesn't quite have the same charm as Uncharted 2 but I still love it so far.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished it on Hard last night, very enjoyable throughout. I think they have finally got the final boss fight right this time as well, it offered the cinematic feel from UC1 without the annoying running around like a mad man UC2 fight.

It seems like the easiest of the Uncharted games so far, I don't think there are any sections I am worried about for my Crushing play through so should be another easy Platinum.

Uncharted 2 is still my favourite overall experience for wow moments, Uncharted 1 is still my favourite story but this is another great game in the series.

5/5 and probably my GOTY.

Now to start Crushing and some online cooperative.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to have aonther sitting this afternoon, I left the boys in france when I called it in last night.

Agree about this been the easiest of the 3 games, I'm playing on hard and you can take a fair amount of damage before you die, so hopefully another Platinum is in the offing.

My favorite bit so far has to be the Nate/Sully history lesson on how they became friends, not much action but a nice look back at there past together, I was left a little worried at what preceeded the flashback to the past... you'll know what I mean :eek:

My feeling on this third installment so far is excellent, it had a lot to live upto and for the most part ND have pulled it off. My favorite of the series is and always will be the first UC, simply because it blow me away, so fresh and new, just awesome at that time.