[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youtube link please! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I thought youd seen a spoiler picture.

I saw Nicola at a convention a year or so ago. She looked fantastic. On the subject of conventions ive booked a photo shoot with Karen Gillan for a convention thats coming up in 2 weeks. That should be interesting.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a Nurofen advert.

Still looking most presentable.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned earlier as I saw this advert the week before last somewhere so it's been going a while.

You're right though, she still does look good.

:)
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Phew! Thought you meant she was covered in spots for a moment!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Curses! I just closed the page moments before you put the link up and only brought the page back up when I found it later. Bother! :D Oh well, thanks for the quick link! :cool:

Any one else thought at first she had been dubbed over?

Not entirely sure that I get the joke in her bit either...
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Chuff and I saw it when we got in from the pub, at about 1am today, and we wondered if she had been dubbed too. Rewound the Sky and gave it a second go, and it seemed to be her voice.

It looks as if there may be a joke in NB's scene (she interrupts the man sat next to her): maybe the point of the ad is that the "passers by" interviewed are desperate and eager to get their opinions across about how effective Nurofen really is.

Met NB at Memorabilia last year, and thought she was very brisk and aloof. She seems quite touchy in interviews, too.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was her in the car. She need to come back for who.
  • Options
    brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met NB at Memorabilia last year, and thought she was very brisk and aloof. She seems quite touchy in interviews, too.

I met her at the Doctor Who exhibition in Blackpool in 1985 and she did seem rather prickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brouhaha wrote: »
    I met her at the Doctor Who exhibition in Blackpool in 1985 and she did seem rather prickly.

Hmm, yes. I saw her not a week ago today at The Greatest Show in the Galaxy and she was the.... oddest one there. So to speak.
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Curses! I just closed the page moments before you put the link up and only brought the page back up when I found it later. Bother! :D Oh well, thanks for the quick link! :cool:

Not entirely sure that I get the joke in her bit either...

She insinuating that her husband gives her a headache
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so im not the only one. I can understand guests at conventions getting tired and a bit narky but I saw her before the midday and she was a bit funny there too. I met Bonnie Langford a few weeks later and she was the total opposite. What a lovely lady.
  • Options
    gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    She comes across as quite nice on Twitter :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gareth1408 wrote: »
    She comes across as quite nice on Twitter :)

Yes she does. Maybe signing autographs for £10 a time and getting the same questions asked after 20 years makes you a bit "prickly".
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    cylob49 wrote: »
    so im not the only one. I can understand guests at conventions getting tired and a bit narky but I saw her before the midday and she was a bit funny there too. I met Bonnie Langford a few weeks later and she was the total opposite. What a lovely lady.

You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You

Narky? I can't understand why
  • Options
    gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You You were great as Peri! Thank You

:D:D:D

But, she's being paid to not be narky?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »

With the classic assistants you get a good few minutes to talk to them. Sure its mostly gushing compliments but you do get time to chat to them at these events. It extends beyond "you were great as Perri". I managed around ten minutes with Katy Manning recently. She was lovely. We talked about the DVD releases, her forthcoming action figure, the 50th anniversary. Lots of stuff shes talked about before no doubt but she was an absolute joy. As for Bonnie she had time and smiles for everyone. I dont mean to diss Nicola Bryant. Maybe shes just not as jolly as Katy & Bonnie.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

Think that is Nicola's real voice.

The irony of the first "American" Doctor sounding like
    a BBC newsreader is amusing...:D
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

The irony of the first "American" Doctor sounding like
    a BBC newsreader is amusing...:D

Oops, I meant
    "First "American Doctor Who companion"". :o
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she does. Maybe signing autographs for £10 a time and getting the same questions asked after 20 years makes you a bit "prickly".

10 quid for a autograqph? I got stephen Fry's for free.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    10 quid for a autograqph? I got stephen Fry's for free.

I often give people mine as part of paying them.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No excuses for being narky though. If she doesnt like going to the conventions, then she shouldnt go. Fans pay good money, they dont expect one of their heroes to be moody when asked a question.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Phew! Thought you meant she was covered in spots for a moment!
    I thought he meant she was spotted on the set of Doctor Who! :o