How full was your hard drive when you came back from holiday?

germanycallinggermanycalling Posts: 710
Forum Member
✭✭
Well, mine was 96% :eek: Those HD recordings certainly mount up! That equates to 50% in just one week. Glad my flight wasn't delayed!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Not as full as it should have been - the EPG didn't update whilst I was away, so it only recorded everything that was scheduled during the first week.

The series links that should have moved on to the subsequent recordings did not get updated. After I took the Foxsat out of standby, and left it for a while, the schedules did update to the next episode to be broadcast.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scarlet wrote: »
    Not as full as it should have been - the EPG didn't update whilst I was away, so it only recorded everything that was scheduled during the first week.

The series links that should have moved on to the subsequent recordings did not get updated. After I took the Foxsat out of standby, and left it for a while, the schedules did update to the next episode to be broadcast.

Sounds like you had a power cut at the end of the first week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    What's a "holiday"? :-)

Think I had one about 10 years ago....
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you had a power cut at the end of the first week.

No, there was no power cut.

*ALL* of the linked series where still showing their original recording dates (apart from one, which had multiple episodes within the first week).

But everything from the first week of the holiday recorded (up to and including the seventh day).

If it had been a power cut, then all of the recordings before the cut would have updated their schedules to the next episode, given the EPG data. But the EPG data had clearly not updated from when I left the box in standby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, there was no power cut.

*ALL* of the linked series where still showing their original recording dates (apart from one, which had multiple episodes within the first week).

But everything from the first week of the holiday recorded (up to and including the seventh day).

If it had been a power cut, then all of the recordings before the cut would have updated their schedules to the next episode, given the EPG data. But the EPG data had clearly not updated from when I left the box in standby.

How strange did you have any manual recording repeats scheduled ?.

Did the latest epg changes take place before you went on holiday ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is rare, but sometimes if a broadcaster doesn't send the 'end of programme' signal a recording can 'run away' and then you end up with one very long recording. Check through your recent recordings and see if there is one which is 1000 minutes long. It is something that shouldn't normally happen because the recorder shouldn't allow runaways and the broadcaster should signal the end, but it very, very, very rarely might possibly happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    mine was as i left it, my mum in law came in to check everything was ok saw the box was on and UNPLUGGED it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    iashem wrote: »
    mine was as i left it, my mum in law came in to check everything was ok saw the box was on and UNPLUGGED it!

Same thing happened to me last year, next time I go away will leave a note taped to the plug to ensure this doesn't happen again.
    Forum Member
    Did the latest epg changes take place before you went on holiday ?

No, they hadn't. But I don't see why I should have to accept that as an excuse.

The box does scheduled maintenance overnight (ie. generates thumbnails for recorded video). There is no reason why it can't check of EPG changes and apply them automatically if necessary.

If the EPG change is what caused the problem, then it is just (like the inability to recover from a power outage) another example of the platform / product being unable to work as advertised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they hadn't. But I don't see why I should have to accept that as an excuse.

The box does scheduled maintenance overnight (ie. generates thumbnails for recorded video). There is no reason why it can't check of EPG changes and apply them automatically if necessary.

If the EPG change is what caused the problem, then it is just (like the inability to recover from a power outage) another example of the platform / product being unable to work as advertised.

Just trying to find a possible cause. As it happens I was away for 2 wks from the 9/8, the hdr updated OK and recorded everything I asked it to apart from the second episodes of Corrie and Emmerdale on one occasion which looks as if ITV revererted to changing the event id's again.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just trying to find a possible cause. As it happens I was away for 2 wks from the 9/8, the hdr updated OK and recorded everything I asked it to apart from the second episodes of Corrie and Emmerdale on one occasion which looks as if ITV revererted to changing the event id's again.

I have noticed that while something is recording and you go into the Guide - you get the channel in the background without any delay [i.e. no EPG update]. From Bob_Cat's post above he was asking if the OP had a runaway recording of 1000 mins [Thats still under 17 hours].
    Does anyone know what time the Humax does it's daily maintenance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I have noticed that while something is recording and you go into the Guide - you get the channel in the background without any delay [i.e. no EPG update]. From Bob_Cat's post above he was asking if the OP had a runaway recording of 1000 mins [Thats still under 17 hours].

That's because the tuner required for an update is being used to record . Pressing schedule and then red does the same at any time (displays the buffered epg). The time is supposed to be about 4am in the morning. (never checked too early for me :D)
  • mastanlemmastanlem Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »

It's 3am a few times a week and lasts for a few minutes.

mastanlem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 67%

After last year when we lost a lot of stuff due to it being full, we cancelled all the HD series links this year before we left and set them up as SD. Have now rescheduled back to HD again.

:sleep: