Options

9200T recording problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
I'm sure I've seen something about this on the forum, but cannot find it.
Once the HD is about 50% full, everytime I try to record,( quick or programmed ), the list shows the recording twice, but nothing gets recorded.Several older recordings then appear twice.
If I try to delete only 1, both get deleted.
When this happened last time, I reformatted disk ( loosing all my recordings of course ), and for the first 50% of the disk, no problems.
Is it noe time to send back, and get the HD replaced, or is there a soft fix?
Suggestions welcomed

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kestrel539 wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen something about this on the forum, but cannot find it.
    Once the HD is about 50% full, everytime I try to record,( quick or programmed ), the list shows the recording twice, but nothing gets recorded.Several older recordings then appear twice.
    If I try to delete only 1, both get deleted.
    When this happened last time, I reformatted disk ( loosing all my recordings of course ), and for the first 50% of the disk, no problems.
    Is it noe time to send back, and get the HD replaced, or is there a soft fix?
    Suggestions welcomed

my OH's humax is doing this double recording thing - what is weird is that recordings from ages ago suddenly seem to have doubles.

any one know why it does this? Certainly seems to be related to filling up the hard drive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suggest that you will need to FORMAT the HDD and re-set to default (do the re-set twice as a precaution).

It sounds like filing system corruption.

PS I have had my HDD 95% full without problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    We too have been getting the problem described above, but with a slight variation. We recorded Dr Who last Saturday (10/05) and the recording appeared FOUR times in the list. When playing the recording we found that all four entries were the same episode of Coronation Street, and that Dr Who had either not recorded at all or got lost somewhere in the file system. Strangely pressing the 'i' key on the remote displayed the programme info for Dr Who. When we deleted the entries from the programme list, multiple instances of other programmes (which we had tried to record previously but didn't appear in the list so we assumed had not recorded at all) suddenly appeared in the programme list, but were empty i.e. only a blank screen was displayed on playback.

We have had our Hummy for nearly 2 years and it has frequently been 95%+ full with no problems until now. Has this problem only appeard for others since the last software update?
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    It was more common on the very early versions.
    db02922 wrote: »
    We have had our Hummy for nearly 2 years and it has frequently been 95%+ full with no problems until now. Has this problem only appeard for others since the last software update?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We too have been getting the problem described above, but with a slight variation. We recorded Dr Who last Saturday (10/05) and the recording appeared FOUR times in the list. When playing the recording we found that all four entries were the same episode of Coronation Street, and that Dr Who had either not recorded at all or got lost somewhere in the file system. Strangely pressing the 'i' key on the remote displayed the programme info for Dr Who. When we deleted the entries from the programme list, multiple instances of other programmes (which we had tried to record previously but didn't appear in the list so we assumed had not recorded at all) suddenly appeared in the programme list, but were empty i.e. only a blank screen was displayed on playback.

my OH half has had a similar issues - haven't done a reset or format yet - too much stuff on we'd like to watch!
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this problem only appeard for others since the last software update?

I suspect it has affected all versions of the software but for a long time this problem was lumped in with a different rpoblem that affected pre 1.00.06 versions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I have a similar problem. HD is about 75% full but haven't had a successful recording for the past 10days. I'm getting the duplicate entry for old recodings problem , delete one and both disappear problem, recordings not appearing in the list but the machine says it is recording problem, then deleting programs from the list and the non-recordings appear in the list but are actually blank problem.
    I guess I'll have to format and start over again. But I'll try and copy some to DVD first.

BTW, what do Humax say about all this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    As you will see from other post , have had a similar issue.
    didn't have anything like this with v.10 but did with an earlier version and now twice with latest version - once before repair by Humax to my box and now again (they replaced the motherboard).

I am starting to think there are some firmware bugs that cause the problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I have E mailed Humax helpdesk, no reply so far, or even a " thankyou for your query"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    I bought mine about 6 weeks ago after cancelling Sky. I'm fairly happy with it but I've had a few recording issues - the second one might be relevant to the above points on duplicates. :confused:

1. It misses recordings for no obvious reason - last night it didn't tape a programme which is on a series link. Other times it doesn't record single programmes. My box seems to only have a 80-90% 'success' rate at recording stuff from my schedule. (I feel like I have Big Brother in my flat telling me what I shouldn't be watching ;):p )

2. Sometimes when I select a programme to record it tells me that I can't because I have already got two recordings at the same time. However, when the box pops up there's only one programme, but in duplicate. It only records one of those though, so I don't know why I can't record another.

Can anyone help as I'm finding it a bit frustrating and starting to miss my Sky box?

Cheers :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    penguin301 wrote: »
    I bought mine about 6 weeks ago after cancelling Sky. I'm fairly happy with it but I've had a few recording issues - the second one might be relevant to the above points on duplicates. :confused:

1. It misses recordings for no obvious reason - last night it didn't tape a programme which is on a series link. Other times it doesn't record single programmes. My box seems to only have a 80-90% 'success' rate at recording stuff from my schedule. (I feel like I have Big Brother in my flat telling me what I shouldn't be watching ;):p )

2. Sometimes when I select a programme to record it tells me that I can't because I have already got two recordings at the same time. However, when the box pops up there's only one programme, but in duplicate. It only records one of those though, so I don't know why I can't record another.

Can anyone help as I'm finding it a bit frustrating and starting to miss my Sky box?

Cheers :)

I've also seen point 2 a couple of times. I just deleted and re-selected the (apparently) duplicated scheduled recording.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Thanks Chris.

I phoned Humax and they've emailed me with instructions to format the hard drive and perform a default setting. They seem to think there's some kind of corruption in the hard drive. I will sort it out this weekend when I've watched everything on my box.

I've only had it 6 weeks though - it does concern me that it's got problems already. :confused:

Kestrel539 - it might be worth phoning them ( 0870 247 8800 ) - they were helpful when I called and emailed me straight away.
  • Options
    DerrickSDerrickS Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    penguin301, the problem I have is that my PVR9200T will not record on the timer unless it is powered on. From standby it simply ignores the timer settings and nothing is recorded. I rang the very helpful phone number that you posted (0870 247 8800 ) and the response was unusual. It is completely silent, no ringing tone, no engaged tone, no nothing, just silence. I phoned today at about 13.00. Does this number still work, is there a fault, has it been disconnected because too many people rang, or is it just my luck?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its OK my phone is out too. One of life's little coincidences.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DerrickS wrote: »
    penguin301, the problem I have is that my PVR9200T will not record on the timer unless it is powered on. From standby it simply ignores the timer settings and nothing is recorded.
    What does the front panel show in standby (the time or 4 dashes)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you for asking Martin. I got through to Humax eventually (used a mobile!) and they asked exactly the question that you have. I can only see the hyphens in standby and therefore, the Technician told me, I will need a repair. Sadly this is chargeable since it is an old box, bit he thought it might not cost more than 50/60 quid. It seems that this is a common fault with ageing boxes and means that the chip that runs the clock is knackered. He was very helpful and these boxes are such amazing workhorses I wouldn't hesitate to get it fixed.
  • Options
    JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I've had this double recording thing and also it telling me there is a clash when there isn't, plus other oddities. I've now put it back to software .15 turned on AP and as far as I can see it's OK. I'm not too bothered about missing SL but it would've been nice to have it working properly.