Sharknado... the biggest movie event of the year?

Comments

• MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    Sounds crazier than that movie with RoboHitler!! :D
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where I can watch this online? PM me as I think that sort of talk is not allowed on these forums...
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this last night, absolutely loved it. Proper laugh out loud moments, especially the ending, Cant wait till Sharknado 2
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a sign that you need to find another career choice ?

Tara Reid rejected from 'Sharknado' sequel?

Surely if you can't land a role in Sharknado 2, you must be doing something wrong :)

Apparently, they shot it in only 18 days as well, according to "Eye-an" Ziering (that's how he pronounces it apparently..)
    "It was an 18-day shoot, it was miserable, we were soaking wet the whole time, it was cold," he said of the film's production.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a501008/ian-ziering-i-almost-turned-down-sharknado.html
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    If you liked the trailer for Sharknado, then you'll love the trailer for Sharktopus.

I think I said it on another thread. I have n't seen either film, but I want to. Then theres a Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus film out there somewhere.

What is with their fascination with sharks and octopus's
    Forum Member
    This thread got lost a bit. Surprised there wasn't live chat here as Twitter chat was off the scale. What did we think?

Edit: Sharks, tornadoes, surfers, babes, Tara, wooden, shotguns, bombs, bigger choppers and chainsaws. :D
  • VolcaneVolcane Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Just watched this, and what a load of crap it was. It was even worse than the Sand Sharks movie I saw on Syfy last week, and that is saying something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    If you liked the trailer for Sharknado, then you'll love the trailer for Sharktopus.

I think I said it on another thread. I have n't seen either film, but I want to. Then theres a Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus film out there somewhere.

What is with their fascination with sharks and octopus's

There's 'two headed shark attack' too, I think that one has Carmen Electra in it.

Just watched Sharknado and wondered if it was cut? Anyone know?? Either that or my definition of 'horror and gore' is waaaaaaaaay off! :)
    Forum Member
    Volcane wrote: »
    Just watched this, and what a load of crap it was. It was even worse than the Sand Sharks movie I saw on Syfy last week, and that is saying something.
    Hey, there was some pretty unique action pieces such as a sexy babe falling out of a helicopter into the mouth of a flying great white. Not something that you'd expect to see on this Earth!! And how about getting swallowed by that same shark and then sawing your way out of its gut and pulling out the babe. And all along we had to bear witness to Tara's raw emotion at the horrific events. You could tell that Tara did this for the art not the money. Wow!! :D
    Forum Member
    Kirah wrote: »
    There's 'two headed shark attack' too, I think that one has Carmen Electra in it.

Just watched Sharknado and wondered if it was cut? Anyone know?? Either that or my definition of 'horror and gore' is waaaaaaaaay off! :)
    They didn't always show clear shots of the bites but I thought that might be down to the $100 budget!! :D
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Volcane wrote: »
    Just watched this, and what a load of crap it was..

You mean you actually expected a film titled Sharknado to be good:confused: The mind boggles.
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant. I've loved these kind of movies since I stumbled across Malibu Shark Attack a few years ago.

Favourite part had to be the aforementioned girl falling into the sharks mouth only for Steve from 90210 to jump in and cut her out completely unharmed about 10 minutes later.

Second, was the shark climbing the rope on the bridge.

Lastly I love how even when being plucked out the ocean and spun round in a tornado a sharks only instinct is to bite humans.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another movie demonising sharks. No thanks.

Plus, it looks TERRIBLE. And not even funny terrible.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing about this film :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded and will watch it some point. Mainly to see what the fuss is

Tara reid said not to take the film too seriously and that even she found it bad and cheesy when she read the script, but she knew that was the point.
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that has got to be the most stupidest plot for a film ever. total trash that i wont be wasting any money on.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this tonight.

Where do I start? Everything about it is bad. EVERYTHING.
    The plot, the 'acting', the camera work, the terrible CGI, the fact that various shots are clearly 'borrowed' from other movies/documentaries/news stories.

It is just SO bad. In every possible way.

But the funny thing is, I couldn't stop watching it!!! I will of course be tuning in for 'Sharknado 2' :D
    Forum Member
    I recorded and will watch it some point. Mainly to see what the fuss is

Tara reid said not to take the film too seriously and that even she found it bad and cheesy when she read the script, but she knew that was the point.
    She didn't even try to give a performance in it really. At least that Cassie woman had a go trying to be the tough girl with a shotgun even though she clearly had trouble handling with the dummy one she was given.

Surprised there isn't more chat about it but the thread is tucked away under movies when I guess it's really cult TV. One thing though, I bet most Hollywood producers would kill for the publicity this movie's had.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tara reid is a terrible actress anyway so i am not expecting a great performance from her. Apart from the american pie films, she has a shambles of an acting career anyway. She makes Lindsey Lohan look like an oscar winning actress.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tara reid is a terrible actress anyway so i am not expecting a great performance from her. Apart from the american pie films, she has a shambles of an acting career anyway. She makes Lindsey Lohan look like an oscar winning actress.
    And even in American Pie all she really did that was remotely noteworthy was lie back on a bed, moaning and shouting "I'm cumming! I'm cumming!"
  • xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could have been worse ... jedward were almost cast in it! :eek:
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least they only spent $1m on making it although what that was spent on I don't actually know as it is not very evident. And yet they have been given the go ahead for a 2nd movie???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried watching this but it was appallingly badly made. the editing was some of the worst i've ever seen. one of the early attack scenes seemed to cut randomly between different things happening without any sense of place or how they were related to each other.

the few star names gave extremely lazy performances. there are dozens of films like this around, particularly on the scifi channel. god knows why this has become so well known. probably the sheer stupidity of it all

out of ten, i'd give it a 2 :D
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really don't understand the appeal of watching these movies and just wish Asylum would go away. I'm supportive of any small studio attempting to make entertaining movies, but their objective is to make cheap, badly-made sh1t, usually cashing in on expensive, badly-made sh1t.

People kid themselves that they're being "ironic" in watching dreck like this. They're not. The producers know it's awful too...so who's actually getting the last laugh here?

Contrast it to something like The Room which was badly made but with ultimately good intentions and that is so much more entertaining. You can watch that ironically and have a great time.

But if you want a silly shark movie, watch Deep Blue Sea, which at least has a budget and some actors with self-awareness. If you want a decent shark movie, watch Jaws. And if you want to laugh ironically at a shark movie, try Jaws 3 or 4.

The fact that the TV audience for Sharknado was so low is wonderful. It speaks volumes that people will quite happily laugh at the idea of movies like this, but will draw the line at actually watching them.