Culture Club reunion Tour -cancelled

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone else on here was going but http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30042811

I had a feeling it wouldn't happen tbh, was looking forward to a chance to reminisce :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already had a refund from PayPal :-( I was really looking forward to it and for once I managed to book early and get good seats.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No suprise at all judging by the god awful appearence on Strictly a few weeks back. George was clearly "out of it" and they should have cancelled the appearence.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once he's had the op they'll be back.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    No suprise at all judging by the god awful appearence on Strictly a few weeks back. George was clearly "out of it" and they should have cancelled the appearence.

Yeah I was thinking the same
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch strictly so I didn't see it, just heard he got very bad reviews.
    Apparently Julie Andrews had an operation to remove polyps a few years back and has completely lost her singing voice.
    I read this on throatproblems.co.uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already had a refund from PayPal :-( I was really looking forward to it and for once I managed to book early and get good seats.

We had great seats as well, must check to see if we've had a refund yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »

Oh I missed that? Sounds like maybe just as well they cancelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    We had great seats as well, must check to see if we've had a refund yet.
    I got an email about the refund at around 5.50 and an email about the cancellation around 4.50
    The cancellation email went into my junk folder so I didn't see it until this morning.
    My family were young when culture club were around so I was always too busy and money was tight so never got to see them play. I was really looking forward to seeing them.
    Hope he gets better.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People were very harsh on George when he appeared on Strictly. It was clear his voice wasn't at full strength.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    People were very harsh on George when he appeared on Strictly. It was clear his voice wasn't at full strength.

I actually heard he wanted to play some new stuff but the bbc wouldn't let him so this may have been some sort of protest. Anyway I saw his solo tour last year and he was better than ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going with the throat problems.

Although it's the usual shot with Boy George to say 'drugs problem', there's absolutely no sign of any of them being 'out of it'
    Watch his face when he struggles to hit the end notes on each line, and he drops the mike away at those points most of the time. He's clearly taking the whole song as easy as possible.
    Wonder why they did it? Perhaps at that point he was still working on being able to tour, but it seems weird they took a risk on his throat so close to the tour

Pity - that's one comeback I'd like to have seen work.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can see George doing CBB now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can see George doing CBB now
    If only, but don't hold your breath :(
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    I actually heard he wanted to play some new stuff but the bbc wouldn't let him so this may have been some sort of protest. Anyway I saw his solo tour last year and he was better than ever.

If that's true, that's really unprofessional of Boy George. If he didn't want to do what they asked of him, he shouldn't have agreed to appear.