Options

Sugar - you are wrong ....

96.6TFM-Sean96.6TFM-Sean Posts: 345
Forum Member
Ok he was right about the name of the Business name not being Mexican but ... when Jim brought up Maracas was were he came from.. He said that Maracas are from Spain ..... I dont think so ...

Well they feature in the Sega game Samba de Amigo - a game that features Samba Musc - a Mexican looking Monkey ... and Maracas to play along with ....

From Wiki .. it states Latin American .. which to me would include Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maraca

Maracas ( pronunciation (help·info), sometimes called rumba shakers) are a native instrument of Latin America. They are a percussion instrument]]s (idiophones), usually played in pairs, consisting of a dried calabash or gourd shell (cuia "cue-ya") or coconut shell filled with seeds or dried beans. They may also be made of leather, wood, or plastic

Alan .... check your facts.

Comments

• Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're right. What's the betting he was thinking of castanets?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he was thinking of castanets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps someone should ask him on his Twitter page? ;)
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I don't think it really matters if they were Spanish, mexico is a heavily influenced Spanish speaking country anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I think that probably shows that a knowledge of Spanish instruments and English historical figures isn't particularly relevant to being successful in business. I'd say Matthew from Series 1 would have known both things, but he was fairly useless in a business context