Recording one series of something

calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
Forum Member
✭✭
I'd like to think this is possible, but wanted to check.

Basically would like to record season 9 of Law and Order: Criminal Intent currently on C5.

It's one of those shows that's been messed around, chopped and changed and shown on a few channels.

If I set it to record New only, it won't record anything as they've all been on before somewhere or other.

But if its set to record New and Reruns will it record all episodes on every channel it's on?

Or should it be possible just to record the series currently being shown on C5?

Or is it that New and Reruns is limited to the channel you set it up for, and only Everything will literally record everything, across different channels.

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    "new only" is the best you can do at the moment. You cannot record specific seasons.

One possible work-around is to set up a wishlist for Ep1 of whichever season you are wanting and then at least you will know if and when it starts to air. At which time you can set a proper recording for it; either a standard SL or a manual recording.

I currently have a couple of these waiting for S1E1 of "Haven" and S3 of "Chuck" (which I just missed on SkyLivingit :()
  • Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you set it to new and re-runs it will record every episode (that it hasn't already recorded within 28 days) but only on the channels you set the recording on, not on every channel.

The "everything" setting will also only record on the channel you set the recording on, but it will record the same episode multiple times if it's on more than once. It is only wishlists (and suggestions) that will record programs across multiple channels.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I tried the old "suck it and see" and changed it from New to New and Reruns for the next channel 5 episode. Saturday's episode is planned OK. But not the following Saturday's. But checked in the guide, and 5's listings are only available up until the end of Feb. Will keep an eye on it and hopefully it'll have figured it out.

I think 5 are just showing one series currently - its Universal that seem to be showing dozens of episodes from different seasons in a single week.
  • 56up56up Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One possible work-around is to set up a wishlist for Ep1 of whichever season you are wanting

Excellent Idea. I want to catch the start of Yes, Prime Minister on Dave which I missed - one of the drawbacks of FF though ads. At the moment I have it set to record new and re-runs in SD hoping that it records the first 5!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    You're in luck. They're repeating it starting tonight; in about ten mins actually ;) (On again tomorrow - ie Saturday - at 8pm!)