Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Re pitchforks... If you go back to about page 17 it will explain all.

I don't think Camilles mother will be after Richard when she knows her daughter wants him! On the occasions that Richard has looked at women Camille has been very grumpy about it. I'm pretty sure Richard would fancy a bit of Camille... But he possibly thinks she's too good for him and they're very unalike.

Haha re: picthforks - I think I mention a "pitchfork-wielding invasion" of the writer's offices, last post of p19 and then it just kinda spiralled (garden forks, customs issues, ... trowels!) from there!

Agree character-wise, especially in the context of the last scene, she knows how much her daughter likes him so it would take a really cold hard [/beep] to do that!

Also agree character-wise that Richard isn't totally oblivious but if you look back to the scene in the university - when she tells him she quite likes this vulnerable, human side, that for the first time he gets a flicker of comprehension that just maybe she is not too good for him.

But then, dammit, he has a whole series to carry on NOT doing anything about it!
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Camille will make her move in the first episode of the next series. She was obviously quite desperate for him to get back, and I'm guessing that if the luggage hadn't have been lost, and made Richard mad, she would have made her move then...

It would be pretty mean for the writers to have it end like this (with so much tension) then start series three having gone back a couple of steps...
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly what should happen in series 3 is for Richard to realise that Camille has feelings for him and, as a result, realise that he has feelings for her.

However this would not lead to a relationship between them because

a) Richard's not very good at that sort of thing, and

b) (something that seems to have past you all by) Richard would not approve of a relationship between them because he is her superior officer. A stuffed-shirt like Richard would regard that as plain wrong.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Re pitchforks... If you go back to about page 17 it will explain all.

I don't think Camilles mother will be after Richard when she knows her daughter wants him! On the occasions that Richard has looked at women Camille has been very grumpy about it. I'm pretty sure Richard would fancy a bit of Camille... But he possibly thinks she's too good for him and they're very unalike.

What could happen though is that Camille's mother tries to get closer to Richard as she knows Camille fancies him and Camille misreads this and thinks something is happening between the two.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    Clearly what should happen in series 3 is for Richard to realise that Camille has feelings for him and, as a result, realise that he has feelings for her.

However this would not lead to a relationship between them because

a) Richard's not very good at that sort of thing, and

b) (something that seems to have past you all by) Richard would not approve of a relationship between them because he is her superior officer. A stuffed-shirt like Richard would regard that as plain wrong.

Even a stuffed shirt can be unbuttoned :D
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Ben Miller and Danny-John Jules crashed out in the first round of Pointless Celebs Red Nose Special!
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The first season will be broadcast on the BBC in October 2011 and on France Télévisions in February or March 2012 and a total of 70 countries. If successful, two new seasons could be shot in Guadeloupe, next year".

Yes indeed, it WAS successful! :)

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20130302-vsni-63kb.jpg
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the comments on this thread are anything to go by, the writers have got quite a challenge on their hands regarding Richard and Camilles story!
    The show is great, surreal Agatha Christieesque plots where everyone gathers coveniently at the end to find out whodunnit with five(including the lizard) central characters all of whom work really well and create humour. But Richard and Camille and their destiny really has engaged people. I always thought I wouldnt want to have had to write the ending of Life on Mars as it became so important-feeling a bit like that with this too now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even a stuffed shirt can be unbuttoned :D

Yeah, but not until series 4 at the earliest.:D

Or perhaps as a cliff-hanger at the end of series 3.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but not until series 4 at the earliest.:D

Or perhaps as a cliff-hanger at the end of series 3.

Absolutely, too early and it would spoil the show, I think the show finale, the last ever, should be a Richard and Camille wedding, but I enjoy the whole thing and not just the "romance":)

Saying that, if I didn't get my wedding then the pitchfork would definately appear.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A wedding would be good to finish the whole thing off... It could make quite a good episode... They would argue about where... Camille would like a nice wedding on the beach, and Richard would be pretty set on a CofE/Protestant church... Which I would think are in short supply over there. At least he wouldn't need a new suit!

But anyway can't wait for series three... Lots more juicy murders... And hopefully Richard whipping his trousers off!!!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to this the Season 2 finale got a audience of 6.09 million compared to 3.01 million for an FA Cup replay that was on ITV at the same time

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a463232/death-in-paradise-series-finale-triumphs-over-fa-cup-football.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    According to this the Season 2 finale got a audience of 6.09 million compared to 3.01 million for an FA Cup replay that was on ITV at the same time

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a463232/death-in-paradise-series-finale-triumphs-over-fa-cup-football.html

The penultimate episode took 7.42m in the final ratings (taking in viewers who record and watch within a week) making it BBC1's fifth most watched programme for that week.

http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-30?_s=4

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The penultimate episode took 7.42m in the final ratings (taking in viewers who record and watch within a week) making it BBC1's fifth most watched programme for that week.

http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-30?_s=4

:)

That's definitely one in the eye for that sniffy reviewer from the Grauniad
    Forum Member
    It is annoying that they like to button hole people - I am wading through The Killing 3 series boxset and I enjoy that equally for what it is... I battled through Dancing on the Edge (not my favourite Poliakoff, it has to be said) ... so exactly WHAT is wrong with wanting an hour of escapism in amongts the angst?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    It is annoying that they like to button hole people - I am wading through The Killing 3 series boxset and I enjoy that equally for what it is... I battled through Dancing on the Edge (not my favourite Poliakoff, it has to be said) ... so exactly WHAT is wrong with wanting an hour of escapism in amongst the angst?

Absolutely nothing at all :D
  • JMinLondonJMinLondon Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict it will end with Richard having to make a choice between his dream job back in London and Camille. Will obviously choose Camille and admits to actually having fallen for both her and the island life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see something between Richard and Camille before the last ever episode, and let the writers develop it.
    Forum Member
    It is annoying that they like to button hole people - I am wading through The Killing 3 series boxset and I enjoy that equally for what it is... I battled through Dancing on the Edge (not my favourite Poliakoff, it has to be said) ... so exactly WHAT is wrong with wanting an hour of escapism in amongts the angst?

Because you are not allowed to like more than one genre, if you liked "The killing" you are an intellectual who likes knitted jumpers, if you like "Death in Paradise" you like fluffy kittens and probably talk to your pets.

It's the law:D
    Forum Member
    Because you are not allowed to like more than one genre, if you liked "The killing" you are an intellectual who likes knitted jumpers, if you like "Death in Paradise" you like fluffy kittens and probably talk to your pets.

Ahhh but if I don't HAVE pets, does that mean I can be an intellectual jumper-appreciator who likes fluffy kittens?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like knitted jumpers, but not fluffy kittens, and I like Death in Paradise but not The Killing.

Do you think I have multiple personality disorder? :eek::eek:

PS I have just been out in the garden polishing my fork. (why did that sound rude? :confused:)
    Forum Member
    I like knitted jumpers, but not fluffy kittens, and I like Death in Paradise but not The Killing.

PS I have just been out in the garden polishing my fork. (why did that sound rude? :confused:)

I think I can safely say there is NO hope for you!
    I have actually been putting off the last episode of the The Killing Season 1... so tonight's the night... it will feel like a major achievement to have gotten through 20 hours of Danish!
    Forum Member
    Ahhh but if I don't HAVE pets, does that mean I can be an intellectual jumper-appreciator who likes fluffy kittens?

But if you watch DIP you MUST have a pet which you will have taught to click like "Skippy", or speak Danish.

A fluffy kitten would count as a pet, but only if it turns into a furball when blow-dried. Or one which moults so you can use its fur to knit jumpers like Sarah Lunds,(a black and white cat would be ideal).

Well you can still knit the jumper, but shave the kitten instead! :D
    Maybe they could do an episode of Dip where Richard gets demoted and is working as a passport officer on Sainte Marie, Camille comes to find him on behalf of Commissioner Patterson, to help solve a murder, cue 20 days of them wandering around the island muttering darkly to themselves before Richard gathers all the suspects together in a room and unmasks the murderer! Richard is promoted and he and Camille FINALLY get married.:D

Yes, polishing your fork does sound rude. Lol.:D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sod polishing the fork.... I'm off to buy a cattle prod. An electric one is only about £40. I think I could have fun with it.
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the cattle prod idea.:D