Options

Do you like Boris Johnson?

Comments

• Options
    carey579carey579 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    We are talking about someone with a not unreasonable degree of power. Are football tackles and getting stuck on a zip wire really good ways of assessing him?

And you don't care if it's an act? You don't care if an elected politician is completely faking it? :eek:

Exactly, let's bring all the comedians into parliament :cool:
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Voted top option, his persona may be an act, or not, but it's certainly worked in getting him elected.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carey579 wrote: »
    Exactly, let's bring all the comedians into parliament :cool:

Frankie Boyle would make a great MP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes...Yes I do. What's your point?

That you're being hypocritical.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't you start the 'Prayer and Worship thread' on DS?

Don't see what that has to do with this.

Incidentally, I'm not a believer personally. I simply think that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Egfg5t1OM

(Sorry, but after Vince was brought up, I had to get this in somewhere. :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That you're being hypocritical.

How?? :confused:

Shawn Michaels is a committed Christian. Vince McMahon is a "believer" too. So if he went along with that Storyline, I don't feel hypocritical watching it and laughing at it.

Thanks for furthering my suspicions that you simply brought God into it for no other reason than it's a thread of mine...
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nafanny29 wrote: »
    Best London mayor ever. He seems to actually do things, rather than talk hot air!!

You mean 'Better than Ken'
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are talking about someone with a not unreasonable degree of power. Are football tackles and getting stuck on a zip wire really good ways of assessing him?

And you don't care if it's an act? You don't care if an elected politician is completely faking it? :eek:

All elected politicans are experts at faking it. Boris is no exception on that count! :D

As for the other things, he's shown he has a personality and character which is more than can be said for a lot of other people in politics!
  • Options
    PixieGrayPixieGray Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    You need **** as an option or I can't vote :(

Hopefully this option will be available in the next few days. If so, I'll cu next Tuesday and we can both vote together :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How?? :confused:

Shawn Michaels is a committed Christian. Vince McMahon is a "believer" too. So if he went along with that Storyline, I don't feel hypocritical watching it and laughing at it.

Thanks for furthering my suspicions that you simply brought God into it for no other reason than it's a thread of mine...

I meant it was unfair of you to blame me for bringing up 'god' here when you're probably the the main advocate for it on DS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant it was unfair of you to blame me for bringing up 'god' here when you're probably the the main advocate for it on DS.

No...No I'm not. Shows what you know.

Starting a thread for the purpose of other believers can hardly be compared to bringing God into a thread for NO reason what so ever except to start something.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    All elected politicans are experts at faking it. Boris is no exception on that count! :D

As for the other things, he's shown he has a personality and character which is more than can be said for a lot of other people in politics!

I think you'll find Boris's ability to conceal his nature is relatively unsurpassed in modern British politics. If you think you get to be editor of The Spectator by being a loveable buffoon with a fabby personality you are sorely mistaken.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No...No I'm not. Shows what you know.

Starting a thread for the purpose of other believers can hardly be compared to bringing God into a thread for NO reason what so ever except to start something.

You can deny that but a right winged, staunchly religious person starting a thread on Boris Johnson, it all adds up ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can deny that but a right winged, staunchly religious person starting a thread on Boris Johnson, it all adds up ;)

How on Earth am I right winged? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll find Boris's ability to conceal his nature is relatively unsurpassed in modern British politics. If you think you get to be editor of The Spectator by being a loveable buffoon with a fabby personality you are sorely mistaken.

As I said earlier in the thread, I think he's a very clever man. ;)
  • Options
    wantoosoonwantoosoon Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an idiot, just like his supporters. A buffoon for the paying audience, though god only knows what his real agenda is.
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Needs to drop the buffoon act.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This country is going to the dogs anyway

Why shouldn't he get a shot at the top job
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been very good at hiding his right wing views and his love of all things EU , If he ever gets Elected PM he will sign us up to full EU membership and the Euro .

I would not trust him an inch he is a devious one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said earlier in the thread, I think he's a very clever man. ;)

I would be more interested in the morality and ethics of my elected representatives but if your primary reasons for voting for someone are simply how clever they are and their ability to knock up a bit of slap stick then I suppose he fits the bill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe I'm a bit thick but what on earth has God got to do with Boris Johnson?! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have personal experience of Boris Johnson being very kind to someone I know who was very down and in need.

He attended to the matter personally and privately and at some personal expense.

If I already thought he was OK he went right up in my estimations after that.

Not the buffoon he is portrayed as (or portrays himself as) at all - but a very kind and generous man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be more interested in the morality and ethics of my elected representatives but if your primary reasons for voting for someone are simply how clever they are and their ability to knock up a bit of slap stick then I suppose he fits the bill.

When have I said I would vote for him?

The OP asked if we like Boris, not if we'd vote for him.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    When have I said I would vote for him?

The OP asked if we like Boris, not if we'd vote for him.

It's a good point because Boris does pull off the likeable buffoon act pretty well. You can enjoy the persona, and even believe that it's real and still never in a gazillion years consider voting for him. The worrying factor is the people who think he's funny and cool and do vote for him on that basis:(

It would be interesting to have a poll that split liking him and voting for him out:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hyena wrote: »
    I have personal experience of Boris Johnson being very kind to someone I know who was very down and in need.

He attended to the matter personally and privately and at some personal expense.

If I already thought he was OK he went right up in my estimations after that.

Not the buffoon he is portrayed as (or portrays himself as) at all - but a very kind and generous man.

Apart from when he was screwing Petronella Wyatt or helping his mate Darius Guppy out obvs.