Options

Is Lusia Zissman looking to take the Katie Price route to fame and fortune?

RussJRussJ Posts: 206
Forum Member
Lusia Zissman revealed her price for getting naked this week. Looks to me that she might be heading for the Katie Price approach to business (never really taken seriously as a business woman).
:cool:

Comments

• Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Luisa strikes me as being a businesswoman in every sense. She's determined to make money for herself, whether it's by stripping or by running a cake shop. She's not overly bothered how it's done. I don't object to it; what's wrong with that? I like her.
  • Options
    sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Making money isn't necessarily the same thing as being a businessperson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sveknu wrote: »
    Making money isn't necessarily the same thing as being a businessperson.

What is a businessperson, in your opinion? To me, it's someone who provides some sort of service in exchange for money or some other settlement. And that's exactly what she does.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Yes, that certainly seems the path she's on. The Katie Price model is harder than it looks - many have tried and few wannabes have really made money for long. Maybe she's got a better chance than most - the papers do seem keen to write about her. No doubt enough men fancy her, but I think women have to like her as well for it really to work and that I'm not sure about that yet. Katie Price has a fiercely loyal female fan base.

It's interesting to read Luisa's plans to be the 'sexy Mary Berry' at the same time as Paul Hollywood is desperately trying to get people to forgive him an affair and save his career. I thought her business partner's suggestion in the Sunday Mirror that she could take Mary Berry's place on Bake-Off was delusional. I think she could be the next Katie Price. Mary Berry - no.

Talking of Apprentice strippers, Katie whatshername apparently takes her clothes off in one magazine this week. No comment.
  • Options
    faith11faith11 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is a businessperson, in your opinion? To me, it's someone who provides some sort of service in exchange for money or some other settlement. And that's exactly what she does.

So by your definition, a prostitute will also be a businessperson as she provides some sort of services in exchange for money ? :eek: (I'm not saying Luisa is a prostitute,mind):o However there are good businesses and bad businesses and if Luisa or anyone wants to be taken seriously in the professional business world as we know it,then certain things should be avoided such as stripping for money.You might say you don't mind but you're not the general public who she's trying to impress and for a lot of serious business people,stripping for money would definitely be seen as tarnishing a good business image,fact!
  • Options
    sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member

Then, by your definition, every employee in the world is a businessperson, because they provide a service and get paid for it. Taking off your clothes for money has nothing to do with being a businessperson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    faith11 wrote: »
    So by your definition, a prostitute will also be a businessperson as she provides some sort of services in exchange for money ? :eek:
    sveknu wrote: »
    Then, by your definition, every employee in the world is a businessperson, because they provide a service and get paid for it. Taking off your clothes for money has nothing to do with being a businessperson.

Yes, exactly. I would say that those people are businesspeople.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Prostitutes and strippers would only be businesspeople in very specific circumstances. Considering every prostitute and stripper businesspeople just because they provide a service for money is quite inaccurate. Fast food employees or people who work in kitchens (for example) provide a service for money, but does that make all of them businesspeople? No, it doesn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Prostitutes and strippers would only be businesspeople in very specific circumstances. Considering every prostitute and stripper businesspeople just because they provide a service for money is quite inaccurate. Fast food employees or people who work in kitchens (for example) provide a service for money, but does that make all of them businesspeople? No, it doesn't.

So how would you define a businessperson then? People criticise mine, but no one here so far has offered an alternative definition.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    So how would you define a businessperson then? People criticise mine, but no one here so far has offered an alternative definition.

Someone who actually runs a business. If you're a stripper & provide your services via your business, then that would make you a businessperson. Working for some agency and taking tips in your underwear when you get naked at parties doesn't make you a businessperson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Someone who actually runs a business. If you're a stripper & provide your services via your business, then that would make you a businessperson. Working for some agency and taking tips in your underwear when you get naked at parties doesn't make you a businessperson.

Hmm, I suppose I'd say anyone who physically does it is a businessperson, as opposed to someone who in in charge of the company. I don't think you have to be in charge to be a businessperson.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Also, providing a service is different to retailing, which is also business. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I suppose I'd say anyone who physically does it is a businessperson, as opposed to someone who in in charge of the company. I don't think you have to be in charge to be a businessperson.
    You don't but you do have to do more than "menial" jobs such as behind the till, flipping burgers, dancing half naked or whatever. There tends to have to be some managerial quality required to be considered a business person but that doesn't mean you're in charge, you can still be low ranking, just not at the bottom of the pile.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is all irrelevant semantics.

Pick up a dictionary. You will find "businessperson" and "business" can be applied to almost everything.
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jtnorth wrote: »

Talking of Apprentice strippers, Katie whatshername apparently takes her clothes off in one magazine this week. No comment.

Not Katie Hopkins? Will no one think of the children?
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    achro wrote: »
    This is all irrelevant semantics.

Pick up a dictionary. You will find "businessperson" and "business" can be applied to almost everything.

Yes it can but I think in the context of this thread the word is used to mean 'entrepreneur' - this suggests someone who can dream up a new business idea and make money out of it. That certainly applied to Luisa's baking business - but not to her cashing in on her z-list celebrity by getting her kit off (as many BB contestants etc have done before only to vanish without trace ...)
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    read a report that said she was touting herself around the likes of i'm a zeleb and big brother but noone wants her
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    read a report that said she was touting herself around the likes of i'm a zeleb and big brother but noone wants her

I can't help thinking that the age of making a career as a minor celeb on the back of a TV show is over (I hope) and I think Luisa will be very silly indeed if she goes that route - she will end up tarnishing her brand beyond repair and achieve nothing by it. There seem to be a whole stable of zelebs that these shows can call on (step forward Kerry and Jordan) and no-one really will care much about an Apprentice runner-up in a few months time. Same goes for cashing in her looks/sexuality - she is attractive but there are loads of better looking girls out there and without the apprentice tag who would care very much?

I don't much like the idea of Leah's clinic but at least she does present herself as a serious business woman and I think (hope) th at she has too much class to go the zeleb route if things don't work out with her original plan ...
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »

Which she has denied
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Which she has denied

of course she would deny it, if she has been turned down by all of them :D