Options

Career using my Nan's phone...what's this message mean

19711971 Posts: 1,661
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New career using Nan's phone.

On redial it's a long number then rings normal tone (not an overseas tone)
Then says something like......

for a european number push hashtag

Does anyone know what this means, apart from she is taking the p!ss
TIA

Comments

• Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't ring unknown numbers. They can be super premium rate scam numbers at £££££££££/min
  • Options
    WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Some care agencies now sign in to their visits using the cared for persons phone and sign out again at the end of their shift. Its a free service.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Career or carer? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Career or carer? :confused:

Don't be an idiot, you know what I meant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wizsister wrote: »
    Some care agencies now sign in to their visits using the cared for persons phone and sign out again at the end of their shift. Its a free service.

Yes we thought this but that should have been in the brief, but thanks just trying to do some research before we approach anyone. Onto BT to get an itemised update.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh carer! I thought it was to do with telesales and someone was scamming you.:blush:

I even googled stuff that I have now erased. :blush:

Hopefully it's what Wizsister said :)
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1971 wrote: »
    Onto BT to get an itemised update.

Just access the account online at BT.com using the account number. Create a log-in and whammo: instant access to itemised calls...
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wizsister wrote: »

The two care agencies my mum used only signed in and out using a landline. If no landline was present (as at my mum's), they had to sign the time in the care book they filled in, along with any tasks they'd undertaken for her. Once a week or so, supervisors either phoned and asked for the times in the care book or visited mum to look at it.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but they told us that apparently mobile calls weren't accepted because the carer could (obviously) be anywhere whilst doing it.

Edit: Oh, it's a landline being used? I've no idea why I thought it was a mobile. Ignore me.
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Are they using one of those Calling Cards for abroad? That would likely show up as a long string of numbers, including the card's code, etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Are they using one of those Calling Cards for abroad? That would likely show up as a long string of numbers, including the card's code, etc

Thank you, I thought this, I was hoping someone would know the message and say it was this especially considering what the message said.

Nothing strange on bill, family numbers and free of charge ones.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow !
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member

Like that poster who you were unnecessarily rude to I was trying to figure out what you meant.
    Don't be such a pillock if people ask you to clarify.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    If you make a mistake, hold your hands up instead of popping off at everyone else. People are trying to help.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody knew what you meant. Career is totally different to carer. It may only be a typo. But don't be so harsh when people are only trying to help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Nobody knew what you meant. Career is totally different to carer. It may only be a typo. But don't be so harsh when people are only trying to help.
    Rowdy wrote: »
    If you make a mistake, hold your hands up instead of popping off at everyone else. People are trying to help.
    Like that poster who you were unnecessarily rude to I was trying to figure out what you meant.
    Don't be such a pillock if people ask you to clarify.

Bore off, I am looking for answers to my actual post, not critics of my spelling.
    Yes I had to google that I spelt critic right....
    a person who expresses an unfavourable opinion of something.
    But thanks for taking time to add some constructive replies to my question
  • Options
    FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bore off, I am looking for answers to my actual post, not critics of my spelling.
    Yes I had to google that I spelt critic right....
    a person who expresses an unfavourable opinion of something.
    But thanks for taking time to add some constructive replies to my question

How can people help you if you are unable to make yourself clear about what help you need?

Great attitude btw. I'm sure it will bring people flocking to help you in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FlyinBrick wrote: »
    FYI, how can people help you if you are unable to make yourself clear about what help you need?

Great attitude btw. I'm sure it will bring people flocking to help you in the future.

That's why I love digital spy.... So many people ready to fight from behind a screen :D

I always admired this section for help, but hey ho seems more posters are worried about a spelling mistake than an actual problem.

Peace & light. Off out now can't wait for the rest of the cyber bullies to come alive when I check this later.
    But if anyone does give me some good replies then thanks I appreciate using your positive energy.
  • Options
    FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I love digital spy.... So many people ready to fight from behind a screen :D

I always admired this section for help, but hey ho seems more posters are worried about a spelling mistake than an actual problem.

Peace & light. Off out now can't wait for the rest of the cyber bullies to come alive when I check this later.
    But if anyone does give me some good replies then thanks I appreciate using your positive energy.

You still don't get it do you? People aren't bullying you, they are just asking for clarification regarding what you meant.

If people cannot understand what you mean, how can they help?

You need to make yourself clear rather than feel the victim.

Have a good night out anyway, I'm off out for a few jars myself.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone else is a keyboard warrior, yet you think it's acceptable to post this:

and
    Bore off.

You're the 'dish it out but can't take it' type, I see, even though what you got back wasn't nearly as rude as what you dished out.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it was an irrelevant spelling mistake then I doubt anyone would have said anything. But because it was a key word that was misspelled, it was confused with another entirely different word, and several people were confused. Without actually understanding your problem, we can't give advice. If you can't see that... well, I don't know what to say to be honest. The comment that seemed to spark your hostility wasn't in any way bullying, it was a simple question asking for clarification. There really is no need to be so hostile or aggressive to people who are only trying to understand your question.
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I couldn't figure out whether you meant carer or career either, after all you did get it wrong twice. To answer your question though Wizsister got it right, see this link: http://www.communitycare.co.uk/blogs/social-work-front-line-focus/2011/09/there-is-no-care-in-stopwatch-social-care/
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm an idiot as well then, because I don't know either.

No need to be so rude.

And for that, I'm not helping.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    Somebody got a whole lotta chips on their shoulder haven't they.

I don't know what kinda thing you're into but if you must go down that kind of career, don't use your Nan's phone tut tut.

No but in all seriousness, why not just ask the carer what the calls are for?
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would anyone bother to help you out when you are so rude ? I know I wouldnt
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask the care agency what their procedure re arrival and leaving... Then you will know!
This discussion has been closed.