Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazes me how Fifi Geldof is posting selfies of her outfit and pictures of lipstick on her instagram. People do grieve in different ways but I find it bizarre. Her sister died only last week.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Amazes me how Fifi Geldof is posting selfies of her outfit and pictures of lipstick on her instagram. People do grieve in different ways but I find it bizarre. Her sister died only last week.

The lipstick chit chat left me a bit taken abackI have to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie has so far posted not one thing.
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your implied criticism is distasteful. As you said, people grieve in different ways. I don't understand why you are poking around the pictures and conversations of someone you've never met ,whose sister only died last week and commenting in a snide way. I find that bizarre.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those are facts... I don't think she denied these

When did she admit to having facial cosmetic surgery?
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When my sister died we all went to my niece's home and had a kind of wild party.. after her funeral some of us went clubbing Some went swimming. Looking back its bizarre but it felt OK and the right thing for us at the time..
    I grieve for my sister every day but those first days after she died were very surreal.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Life goes on. If getting back to normality is what she thinks is best for her to deal with it, then that's down to her.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    This thread is unbelievable. Also slightly scary.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    This thread is unbelievable. Also slightly scary.

Yep. That's the human race for ya!
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    Your implied criticism is distasteful. As you said, people grieve in different ways. I don't understand why you are poking around the pictures and conversations of someone you've never met ,whose sister only died last week and commenting in a snide way. I find that bizarre.

I find your answer bizarre .Selfies and lippy don't spring to mind when you're mourning .
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    I find your answer bizarre .Selfies and lippy don't spring to mind when you're mourning .

But what's the cut off point and who's to say? It's been 10 days now and I find it hard to make judgements on Fifi for possibly trying to get back to normality and dealing with this tragedy as best she can. I have not seen what has been said on Instagram and don't plan to go looking either.

I see the funeral is set to take place next week, I hope the media aren't too intrusive. They seem to have backed off a bit and gone quiet, almost being sensitive:o
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you are not everyone, No one size fits all when you lose someone you love.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems she will be buried on Easter Monday at the church where her mother was buried and where they got married. We still don't know how she died. I feel sorry sad for the family and kids.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Seems she will be buried on Easter Monday at the church where her mother was buried and where they got married. We still don't know how she died. I feel sorry sad for the family and kids.

Its so sad.:cry:

I live in hope that the press stay away but don't suppose that will happen.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's probably in denial. Took me weeks to cry after my dad died and everyone thought I was coping so well until I turned into a jibbering wreck one day. I didn't stay happy or do stuff like Fifi, I was just in shock.

Maybe after Paula died, her girls were encouraged to try and do happy things and retain some normality - Fifi might be doing that. Or maybe she just doesn't want to mourn the loss of her sister in public.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe after Paula died, her girls were encouraged to try and do happy things and retain some normality - Fifi might be doing that. Or maybe she just doesn't want to mourn the loss of her sister in public.

I've read quotes from Peaches saying that Bob tried so desperately to maintain normality for them following their mother's death that he sent them to school the next day, made them do their homework, and tried to carry on with routine so much that she didn't begin to properly mourn Paula's death until she was 16.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's so desperately sad. Can't imagine what the family are going through, and the poor babies will grow up motherless just like Peaches did. :(
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    Bob Geldof was walking around Faversham market at lunchtime today accompanied by Fifi. They were looking at flowers, fortunately we are so used to seeing him around town that nobody bothered him.
  • AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rip >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to Tom for tomorrow. He's a widower at 23 with two children under 2. Can't imagine what he's going through.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to Tom for tomorrow. He's a widower at 23 with two children under 2. Can't imagine what he's going through.

So sad.:(

My thoughts are with then.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet the poor guy's reeling, so unexpected. Has sole responsibility for his son's now at such a young age, heartbreaking :( His parents seem to be very supportive though, he's really going to need them.

Thinking of all of Peaches family, today is going to be a very hard day for them all.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so much heartache for the Geldof family. I hope they are treated with respect today.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought that Bob was Jewish, and her husband has a Jewish name of Cohen, but her funeral service is in a Christian Church.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's much of a private ceremony today. There won't be many live pictures of people going into the church. I'm guessing the family have called for that.