So Original HM Is Going To Be Evicted By A HM Who's Been In The House 2 Mins....Nice

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
Forum Member
✭✭
I just think this is absolutely ridiculous. The new housemates should not be given that much power. I thought it was bad enough the way Marlon was evicted...I don't care how bad a housemate you are, they all still deserve to leave by the front door with a crowd. I can't believe that they're now going to let three people who have been in the house 5 minutes wipe out an original who has spent 7 weeks in the house. I can't stand it when they do things like this. Even if they were allowed to choose Helen, I would still hate it. Everyone should leave by public vote and out the front door. I understand that the show has moved on from what it used to be and that twists are needed, but there's absolutely no point in anyone going in there with a game plan or trying to win anymore or even trying to win over the public, as they'll just send a random three people in to get rid of you!! For me, this is up there with the worst thing they've ever done, along with allowing two housemates out of the house for the day on an open top bus!

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to add, viewers have invested they're time in the originals for weeks, so ti's a bit out of order tot hen have two evictions in a row that are not decided by us.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you on both points
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I could deal with one eviction not being decided by us but to have two in a row is a bit much I think we might end up loosing a good housemate this Friday.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have really enjoyed this series so far, but these twists really are an insult to the viewers. I'm seriously thinking of dumping this series now. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to BBextra who has been really reliable this series, this happened because of the petition to stop the eviction on Monday and to show that the viewers don't control the show. Which if true, if pathetic.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to BBextra who has been really reliable this series, this happened because of the petition to stop the eviction on Monday and to show that the viewers don't control the show. Which if true, if pathetic.

The viewers do, in the end, control the show though. If they don't like the twists (and I don't), then they can switch off, the ratings will tumble and there will be no Big Brother.

If this is true, they aren't helping themselves.
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member

Perhaps they need to bear in mind that without the goodwill and involvement of the viewers, they have no show.

They will alienate their way out of their jobs if they piss us off too much.

I'm not one for getting angry and worked up over a tv show, but even I agree that this twist is a really bad one. It might not be so bad if they had chosen new housemates with a bit of class, but these three are about as trashy as you could get. I don't want to think of them getting the power to boot one of the housemates who have been in it from the start. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is hardly recognisable to me as BB as I knew it.
    Change is always inevitable, but the audience participation was key to the show, when it's taken away then what's the point?
    Forty odd minutes of footage an evening and edited to bits, the fun and the debate has been sucked out.
    BBOTS and the interviews seems too biased for my liking anymore.
    I feel it's sad to a lot of people who have watched since BB1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I agree. Nobody who's just walked in the door should ever have the right to get rid of one of the original housemates. If you've been voting to evict others to save your favourite and suddenly some nobody who's just turned up gets the power to turf them out what's the point in watching or voting? Even if it's a housemate you don't like that housemate and the decision to save or get rid of said housemate should be up to the public to decide not Jonny come lately. If the person I'd like to win gets booted out by these three on Friday then I'm done with this series.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Marlon went out by diary room because he wasn't wearing shoes or much else. Could be construed as a bit humiliating.
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I guess it depends who they evict. If they evict steven then everything is great.
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    I just think this is absolutely ridiculous. The new housemates should not be given that much power. I thought it was bad enough the way Marlon was evicted...I don't care how bad a housemate you are, they all still deserve to leave by the front door with a crowd. I can't believe that they're now going to let three people who have been in the house 5 minutes wipe out an original who has spent 7 weeks in the house. I can't stand it when they do things like this. Even if they were allowed to choose Helen, I would still hate it. Everyone should leave by public vote and out the front door. I understand that the show has moved on from what it used to be and that twists are needed, but there's absolutely no point in anyone going in there with a game plan or trying to win anymore or even trying to win over the public, as they'll just send a random three people in to get rid of you!! For me, this is up there with the worst thing they've ever done, along with allowing two housemates out of the house for the day on an open top bus!

^^^ Exactly what he said ^^^^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I suspect Marlon went out by diary room because he wasn't wearing shoes or much else. Could be construed as a bit humiliating.
    I think it was Stuart who had a shock eviction by the diary room door, but if I remember it was by public vote and he had a proper eviction crowd.
    Marlons eviction was very unpleasant.
    Don't the evictees normally have a little time to compose themselves as well.
    He got a dressing gown and a second rate interview.
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, this is up there with the worst thing they've ever done, along with allowing two housemates out of the house for the day on an open top bus!

Although at least that was hilarious.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorn23 wrote: »
    I agree. Nobody who's just walked in the door should ever have the right to get rid of one of the original housemates. If you've been voting to evict others to save your favourite and suddenly some nobody who's just turned up gets the power to turf them out what's the point in watching or voting? Even if it's a housemate you don't like that housemate and the decision to save or get rid of said housemate should be up to the public to decide not Jonny come lately. If the person I'd like to win gets booted out by these three on Friday then I'm done with this series.

These three new housemates' opinions and points of view are deemed to be more important than the point of view of the voters.

The public have invested time in the original housemates. But did so in the understanding and acceptance that any of them could be voted out by the public.

Now that viewer loyalty for five weeks has been rewarded by BB telling the public to their faces that their loyalty as viewers and the investment they put into the show amounts to jack shit.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm...

If it included Helen would people still be up in arms about it?? I doubt it lol
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    It's just utter bull, isn't it?

How hard would it be to just have the newbies nominate three or four housemates and then let us vote to evict the one we want to evict? You know, like every other Big Brother eviction?

Instead they expect us to vote to save two of three housemates we hardly know.

Why would they thinkk this is a good idea?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These three new housemates' opinions and points of view are deemed to be more important than the point of view of the voters.

The public have invested time in the original housemates. But did so in the understanding and acceptance that any of them could be voted out by the public.

Now that viewer loyalty for five weeks has been rewarded by BB telling the public to their faces that their loyalty as viewers and the investment they put into the show amounts to jack shit.

This in a nutshell, in simpler terms "You viewers can go to hell, you will watch what we spoon feed you and you will like it or lump it"
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Hmm...

Yes they would.
    Many people have openly expressed that they would.
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Big Brother would stick to the original format. Everyone is up for eviction, chosen by the HM's ... No immunity for anyone.....The public chooses who goes and who stays - and stays out. We have a silly OTT geordie commentator. They got one right..
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they would.
    Many people have openly expressed that they would.

I don't believe that - not on here especially lol
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Hmm...

I think people would. I have said exactly the same myself on a couple of threads. Like her or not .... she has put in the time, like the other originals. It makes no difference who goes, favourites or not, it's a terrible way of doing it.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...

I would...

Who gets evicted by the newbies on Friday is supremely unimportant. What has annoyed most people is the fact that two evictions in the space of one week will take place without any public involvement.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is band out of order >:( the orignals have been in there over 5 weeks and have done the hard work while these 3 housemate come in and can now ruin the game by evicting the most popular housemate how unfair
  • playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them will be smart enough to vote tactically. So it'll be people they didn't instantly click with. Chris, Christopher or Danielle.