Options

In It To Win It | Saturday 5th January | 8.25pm | BBC 1

Comments

• Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad she won the money having put that much in.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never seen it.

Also, did Dale just say 'movie' rather than 'film'? :confused:
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is going to be a flood in their!
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never seen it.

you've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's - get it on DVD, it's brilliant....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    you've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's - get it on DVD, it's brilliant....

Who?????:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never seen it.

Also, did Dale just say 'movie' rather than 'film'? :confused:

He's reading the questions written by kids influenced by Americanisms :rolleyes:;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Who?????:D

not that girl that sang "I think we're alone now" in 1987 :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not that girl that song "I think we're alone now" in 1987 :D:D

Ha! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodnight every one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Goodnight every one!

Bye Ken ;)
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Hi all

I took an instant dislike to that useless article Lewis this evening & when he wouldn't even take a punt in the red area question I disliked him even more, so glad he won nothing.

Can someone tell me what his job was as I missed that bit and what was all that camp dancing?
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Hi all

I took an instant dislike to that useless article Lewis this evening & when he wouldn't even take a punt in the red area question I disliked him even more, so glad he won nothing.

Can someone tell me what his job was as I missed that bit and what was all that camp dancing?
    That was him being a muppet (his words!) in Sesame Street :cool: Apt...
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes you wonder why some people apply to come on shows like this. After all, if they want a quiz where 90%+ of the questions are about pop idols they should try 'million dollar drop'.

Not to mention that they never seem to realise :

1. The fact thay come in halfway through means there's been at least one wrong answer. Hence they've no chance of winning £100,000. The only time (as far as I know) when the prize reached that figure was when one contestant was on all through, and answered the questions without wasting time.

2. They're never going to get very far if they keep going into long explanations about why two answers are wrong. Just answer the question!
  • Options
    bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    It makes you wonder why some people apply to come on shows like this. After all, if they want a quiz where 90%+ of the questions are about pop idols they should try 'million dollar drop'.

1. The fact thay come in halfway through means there's been at least one wrong answer. Hence they've no chance of winning £100,000. The only time (as far as I know) when the prize reached that figure was when one contestant was on all through, and answered the questions without wasting time.

2. They're never going to get very far if they keep going into long explanations about why two answers are wrong. Just answer the question!
    There are 20 questions available at the start, so if the first contestant gets them all right, the prize fund will reach £100k.

Every wrong answer generates an additional red area question, so if there are 5 wrong answers, that's 10 taken off the 20, hence a fund of £50k as was the case on tonight's show.

But it remains a mystery as to why people with absolutely zero basic general knowledge, would wish to demonstrate their ignorance on national TV.
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been pretty obvious this series when the klaxon is going to sound....

After twenty questions? :p

Oh, what he said. ^^ :D
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    That was him being a muppet (his words!) in Sesame Street :cool: Apt...

Dale did point out that Sesame Street is actually made in America and it seemed unlikely they would have auditions in London. I guess there is no requirement for contestants to actually tell the truth about what they do but presumably they are checked by researchers.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Dale did point out that Sesame Street is actually made in America and it seemed unlikely they would have auditions in London. I guess there is no requirement for contestants to actually tell the truth about what they do but presumably they are checked by researchers.

But lets be honest. Lewis trying to convince people that he was a muppet didn't take too much effort.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I auditioned for this show & failed, I know loads of stuff but I'm shy; I don't particularly want to be on the TV - but I want money.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it dosent matter how much time is "Wasted" as only 20 questions get asked, then the show is edited to fit the time available (and recorded some time ago)
    Did my ears deceive me as that silly woman (the middle aged one dale said "looks fantastic") say she would like to win £100,000? which is impossible unless you are the first one & get every question right.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"It's not answer X because [insert blatantly obvious reason here] and it's not answer Y because [insert another blatantly obvious reason here] so it must be answer Z. So Dale, I'd like to pick answer Z."

It's so annoying when they do this on quiz shows. No one asked for your stupid explanations, just ANSWER the damn question! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lewis doesn't work on the actual show in the US. He performs in the stage/theatre version. He explained last night he performs all over Europe. Although Sesame Street no longer airs in this country it's still popular in places like France and Germany. With Germany celebrating their 40th anniversary recently.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It's not answer X because [insert blatantly obvious reason here] and it's not answer Y because [insert another blatantly obvious reason here] so it must be answer Z. So Dale, I'd like to pick answer Z."

It's so annoying when they do this on quiz shows. No one asked for your stupid explanations, just ANSWER the damn question! :mad:

Ive come to the conclusion that the producers ask them to do this to pad it out. Its an absolute pain, though not without its comic moments when they screw up even whilst doing the "its definitely not X..".when it is. Ironically, that last lady last night was quick enough to blurt out "Holly Golightly"...though the £25k probably caused that reaction. On another point, I cant stand it when idiots under 40 are asked, e.g, "When did WW1 end"...and they say ..."Oooh...thats a bit before my time". The Battle of Hastings was in 1066, love, but I wasnt bleedin there, either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member

When they do this, it makes it seem like they are using elimination to get to there when they know it all along. If you know the answer, just say it,
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Dale ever refuse to accept an answer ?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Dale ever refuse to accept an answer ?

I think he does an occasional "are you sure you want me to take that answer?"when the contestant is particularly camp - and wrong.