Options

Email about VIP package

calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone had an email trying to upsell you to the VIP package. Apparently they think it would be perfect for us. We're on the TV XL, Broadband XXL and Talk Unlimited. So pretty much maxed out, apart from the Sky premium channels.

Which is £65 at the minute, compared to £99 for the VIP. Which seems like a pretty hefty increase in cost.

But the email does say to mention the code 'MORE' and that "we'll like what they have to say", suggesting a deal might be in the offing.

Which it would have to be - there's no way we'd increase our cost from £65 to £99.

So I just wondered if anyone else had had this email, and rung them to see if they really did like what they had to say?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £34 extra for all sky movies and sports plus most in HD... probably good value if you want them
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a marketing exercise but, if people aren't already taking sport & movie channels, they probably don't want them. Not really good value to pay more for something if you don't need it.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah well. Don't really want them at that price.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I got the same email, rang cs they said its from their sales team

got given a number for the sales team, spoke to some women who said there is no offer its just whether I would be interested in increasing our package to the VIP at current rates

Total waste of time!!
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,745
    Forum Member
    I had an email about switching to the VIP package and so I called them - they installed a second TiVo foc and reduced the monthly payment by £1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I got Tivo, upgrade to 120 meg broadband from 30meg, V+ box moved to repace normal box and the HD sports and movies all saving £8 a month. So i'm well happy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got emails, letters then a phone call trying to get me to upgrade, get a TiVo box etc. I told them if it was going to cost me money I was not interested. So today they are installing a TiVo box and a super hub for £4 less a month and no installation fee;)
    BTW this happens when I try to put in TiVo in lower case, do TiVo have a patent or some deal with Microsoft or something ! TiVo TiVo TiVo TiVo (spooky)
  • Options
    NiggleNiggle Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    fickrick wrote: »
    I got emails, letters then a phone call trying to get me to upgrade, get a TiVo box etc. I told them if it was going to cost me money I was not interested. So today they are installing a TiVo box and a super hub for £4 less a month and no installation fee;)
    BTW this happens when I try to put in TiVo in lower case, do TiVo have a patent or some deal with Microsoft or something ! TiVo TiVo TiVo TiVo (spooky)

I got the letter today after an email a few weeks ago - perhaps I should wait for the phone call and get a better deal ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niggle wrote: »
    I got the letter today after an email a few weeks ago - perhaps I should wait for the phone call and get a better deal ;)

they have left my old box aswell and put it into bedroom with new cabling and also given me a new scart cable for dvd player which was faulty :)
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fickrick wrote: »
    they have left my old box aswell and put it into bedroom with new cabling and also given me a new scart cable for dvd player which was faulty :)

Sounds like great service!
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night when i rang up to add the sports collection the guy on the phone suggested i go on to VIP. I politely said £113p/m is too much he said "keep a eye out as may be offers coming" make of that what you will.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Based on previous information from CS, I'm making nothing of it. :)
  • Options
    Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting that e-mail, confuses me as I am already on the VIP package.
  • Options
    martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the letter called VM switching to VIP next week, The operator as usual seemed a little confused, giving us a 1TB Tivo instead of our 500GB one, I asked how much would it cost to replace out V+ with a Tivo 'We're changing your 500 Tivo to a 1 TB one and installing a new V HD box, don't want that we already have a V+, oh ok you can keep that. A bit more discussion Tivo £5 monthly plus the £49.99 activation fee.
    I said no we'll stick with the V+.
    I'll have a word with the engineer when he comes, I don't see why they can't swap the V+ for our present Tivo which is of course already activated.