Options

are people getting tired of rihanna?

zeebre12zeebre12 Posts: 1,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think people are loosing interest in Rihanna?her last 2 singles pour it up and right now have flopped badly in the UK and around the world..both missing d top 40..I think she really needs a break because she has had singles out non stop for d past few years..if she has another yearly release this year I think it will do worse then unapologetic like unapologetic has done worst than her last album..or if she does take a year off she could be replaced and forgotten..

Comments

• Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    just out of interest ho much did Unapologetic, Talk that talk and loud Sell? :o
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loud sold 6 million
    Talk sold 3
    Unapologetic is about 2-2.5 mill
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    just out of interest ho much did Unapologetic, Talk that talk and loud Sell? :o

I think Loud 5.7 WW (1.5 US 1.7 UK)
    TTT 4.5 (1.1 Uk 1.3 US)
    Unapologetic 3 (1.1 US 630,000 UK)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I think Unapologetic sold so well initially just because it was Rihanna. Unless her next album comes with a killer first single, I can't see that performing as well. I do believe people are getting board of her. Fan reaction around me when I saw her in Sunderland a few weeks back was not particularly positive.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Unapologetic sold well at the start because Diamonds and Stay were good album-selling singles, but she hasn't had any hits since to sustain its sales.

I'm not getting tired of her persoanlly, although her latest single Right Now was pretty boring. A rapper I like has released/featured on over 40 songs so far this year, and nobody is complaining about him. Rihanna release about 15 songs a year, that's nothing compared to a lot of artists I like.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean getting???????

Been sick of her since that bl**dy Umbrella song was everywhere
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean getting???????

Been sick of her since that bl**dy Umbrella song was everywhere

That makes two of us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Diamonds and Stay, but other than that I didn't realise they'd had anymore releases of the album? I know a few singles were talked about on here, however it didn't seem definite.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why didnt she release a video for right now???? Lazy bitch lol

Nobody Beness is not gonna be a single!!
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really does need to take a year or two break. I saw her in May 2010 on her Rated R Tour and its mad to think since then she's released THREE albums and have toured literally non-stop. I do fear she's heading for a breakdown if she keeps this up. I just don't understand why she wont take a break. its not like anyone is going to forget about her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really does need to take a year or two break. I saw her in May 2010 on her Rated R Tour and its mad to think since then she's released THREE albums and have toured literally non-stop. I do fear she's heading for a breakdown if she keeps this up. I just don't understand why she wont take a break. its not like anyone is going to forget about her

I think it's down to the label, not her. Labels call the shots when they want another album, not the artist. Well depending on the artist.

This sort of thing was explored on the TV show Nashville. They wanted Juliette to rush release another album and she didn't want to and wanted to take a year or so out, and they kept pressuring her and she gave in the end.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Loud sold 6 million
    Talk sold 3
    Unapologetic is about 2-2.5 mill
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I think Loud 5.7 WW (1.5 US 1.7 UK)
    TTT 4.5 (1.1 Uk 1.3 US)
    Unapologetic 3 (1.1 US 630,000 UK)
    oh thanks surprised loud did really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    oh thanks surprised loud did really well.

Very big era for her. It's her second biggest selling album. What hasn't done Talk that talk and her current album any justice, is her lack of music videos and promotion for singles. She has only given us 5 music videos in the last two years, and Rihanna would always be on a roll with her music videos on past albums.
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That makes two of us.

Make it three.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's down to the label, not her. Labels call the shots when they want another album, not the artist. Well depending on the artist.

This sort of thing was explored on the TV show Nashville. They wanted Juliette to rush release another album and she didn't want to and wanted to take a year or so out, and they kept pressuring her and she gave in the end.

to be honest at the success level Rihanna is at, im sure she can put her foot down and say 'no im taking a year out'. I highly doubt her record label would turn around and go 'well then you're dropped'
  • Options
    swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    She releases music too frequently she needs to let people miss her for a while.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I think Unapologetic sold so well initially just because it was Rihanna. Unless her next album comes with a killer first single, I can't see that performing as well. I do believe people are getting board of her. Fan reaction around me when I saw her in Sunderland a few weeks back was not particularly positive.

This.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    to be honest at the success level Rihanna is at, im sure she can put her foot down and say 'no im taking a year out'. I highly doubt her record label would turn around and go 'well then you're dropped'

I don't think you see how big a cash cow she is for Def Jam. She is HUGE finance there. That's a lot of regular income to lose, even if it's for her own health. She's not that talented (as much as I used to stan, it's true) and she can be replaced, and they know that. They're milking her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Big Fat Yes!:d
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This era has been f*cked up so badly. It was going so well up until February but then the PIU mess, too long gaps between singles, lack of videos, promotion and releasing the wrong singles have really damaged this era. At least this time last year WHYB and a discount manages to salvage the era. Sadly I don't think this era can be saved unless she shoots a video for Jump/What Now and does some big performances. She does need to take a year out and come back with something amazing but I'm not sure if the will. I think if her management want a new album then either re-release Unapologetic or GH so a couple of singles can be released.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This era has been f*cked up so badly. It was going so well up until February but then the PIU mess, too long gaps between singles, lack of videos, promotion and releasing the wrong singles have really damaged this era. At least this time last year WHYB and a discount manages to salvage the era. Sadly I don't think this era can be saved unless she shoots a video for Jump/What Now and does some big performances. She does need to take a year out and come back with something amazing but I'm not sure if the will. I think if her management want a new album then either re-release Unapologetic or GH so a couple of singles can be released.

Pretty much.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think so, she needs a little time off to go into the studio and make an AMAZING album, whether that takes 1 year or 3 years, not only does she need the time off, but it'll give her a chance to maybe explore music she has never tried before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Nope, not at all. When she releases her new lead single, probably sooner than we all think, people are going to eat it up and make it a smash hit just like they did with 'Only Girl', 'WFL', 'Diamonds', 'Stay' and every well promoted single she's released in her career.

Don't mistake the flop chart performance of 'Right Now' as an indicator of Rihanna fading. All it indicates is that her team is getting lazy or that they got enough money from tour tickets and couldn't care less about singles or the album anymore.

And by the way, the 4.5 million copies figure for 'TTT' is WAAAAYYYY inflated and I have no idea who put that on Wikipedia, but don't fal for it. 'Loud' has sold about 6 million, 'TTT' has sold almost 3,5 million and 'Unapologetic' has sold a little over 3 million. And these are the actual sales figures.
  • Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally I think people are. I have followed music for 40 years and never witnessed such a relentless release schedule. Most of it is such throwaway rubbish. She needs to take a good break and bring the quality back