jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wish they would get rid of Marlon he's just a joke waste of space

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Well I am sick of him and Victoria fighting over food during every pub scene.If I went out to a bar and there was this much drama with the staff over Chili I would find a new watering hole or stay home.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time they bring a plate of food out of the kitchen, they stand arguing about it and breathing on it, fingering it even; very unhygienic. And it must be cold by the time it reaches the customer.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria is delightful..my favourite character.
    Marlon's okay, too. A bit irritating sometimes but, hey ho ,aren't we all?

I'd rather see the back of every single one of the other Dingles ( apart from Sam and Samson ) before him, to be honest.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon's incredibly irritating. I think the actor really overdoes it a lot of the time. He can be quite good as a character in small doses when he's being serious, but he always seems to ruin the moment by going into overdrive. I guess he's supposed to be more of a 'comedy' character but I just don't find his carrying on with Paddy and Victoria funny at all.

I like Victoria though. I hope we get to see more of her around the Woolie.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I think if they cut back on the arguing between Victoria and Marlon it could be quite entertaining. At the moment it's just too much to often.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria is delightful..my favourite character.
    Marlon's okay, too. A bit irritating sometimes but, hey ho ,aren't we all?

I'd rather see the back of every single one of the other Dingles ( apart from Sam and Samson ) before him, to be honest.

This...

I absolutely adore Victoria... :)

Marlons okay but I wouldn't do the things I would do to Vic with him... :blush:

Oh... and she could finger my chips any day... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria and her big gob are doing my head in. She's been working at the pub for one week and she's already trying to boss Marlon around. I am sure that in two months she'll be a chef whose cooking is worth 3 Michelin stars but for the time being she should do as she is told.

The arguing, in front of the customers, is not very funny. I suppose it's the balance out the more depressing storylines but it's not working.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's doing EXACTLY the same thing with Victoria as he done with Moira and we all know what happened next.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Victoria!
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree these characters can be ridiculous but it's the writers & directors who should be blamed, not the actors. They're only doing what they are told.
  • Options
    marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time they bring a plate of food out of the kitchen, they stand arguing about it and breathing on it, fingering it even; very unhygienic. And it must be cold by the time it reaches the customer.

I wouldn't want either of them cooking my food >:(
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria is dull/annoying. What has she done in the past 18 months?
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree and they are probably spitting on the food also!
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Victoria and her big gob are doing my head in. She's been working at the pub for one week and she's already trying to boss Marlon around. I am sure that in two months she'll be a chef whose cooking is worth 3 Michelin stars but for the time being she should do as she is told.

The arguing, in front of the customers, is not very funny. I suppose it's the balance out the more depressing storylines but it's not working.

To be fair, her stepmother is the co-owner - she might be Marlon's boss in a few years time :D
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's doing EXACTLY the same thing with Victoria as he done with Moira and we all know what happened next.

Oh god. Poor Victoria. :o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Marlon but I agree that he is much more palatable in 'serious' storylines. Although I do enjoy a bit of comedy in the soaps he does have a tendency to ham it up and almost do a bit of gurning when he's given the jokey lines.

I like the beginning of this new direction for Victoria also. As a long-standing character it's good to see her developing and I'm sure that in a few years time she will make a fine landlady and be one of the soap's key leading characters. At the moment it's nice that she is involved in many scenes and SLs but also slightly in the background as I'm not sick of seeing her (ala Chas, Debbie, Declan, etc)
  • Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marlon is petulant, irritating and unfunny and my least favourite soap character EVER! >:( >:( >:(
    He almost ruined his best friend's career and blackmailed Rhona into bringing Leo back from NZ after they were nice enough to invite him to come with them in the first place. Any chance he gets, he's threatening to take Leo off them. Why they are friends with him again is beyond me.

On a positive note, I love Victoria :D
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Victoria is great very good looking as well
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    dese_5757 wrote: »
    Well I am sick of him and Victoria fighting over food during every pub scene.If I went out to a bar and there was this much drama with the staff over Chili I would find a new watering hole or stay home.
    Have to agree on this.....also, if Marlon is the proper chef,I gather that Victoria is his helper.
    If so, why is she already trying to be chef?
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    She can be ok, but sometimes just a bit too feisty.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    She can be ok, but sometimes just a bit too feisty.

Cain really got Victoria's number when he referred to her as a fishwife, that's exactly what Victoria is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member

In the last 18 months she has had her nose and her yap in everybodies business and lately her breath and her fingers in everyones food.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

18 month!!! Try the last 5 years. Its clear she's only there because of her name. The stream of producers that have been and gone just aren't interested in the character.

I do like the character and actress but she really gets on my nerves with her OTT-ness at times and this stupid set up with Marlon is just annoying all round. Her big gob is only good when she calls Cain out on his bullshit and stands up to him.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Marlon should be toecapped all round the dales and back again. Just like Paddy. The most deplorable double act that soap has ever, ever had. In fact, they are almost as bad as Trevor and Simon from Going Live or even the Chuckle Brothers. That is how deplorable they are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Victoria, I just wish she would come out of her shell a little.

She's too much of a shrinking violet for my liking, she would do well to start standing up for herself a tad more, instead of allowing folk to continually ride roughshod over her.

That said, I predict she'll be Marvin's boss in a month's time, and heaven help him if those spuds aren't julienned to her liking.