Surprised nobody's commented on EastEnders... (Warning!)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I thought they were discussing the Graham Norton thing for a minute :)
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,823
    Forum Member
    Good old Charlie, a great character! Not great enough to make me actually watch East Enders on a regular basis, admittedly...

Sad to see that he apparently isn't watching the new series. Has East Enders had a Doctor Who fan in the cast in recent years? There was a character some years ago who was a big fan, though I can't recall his name-one of the various waifs and strays 'adopted' by Dot Cotton.

:D

Derek never mentioned that coming up last time I spoke to him!
  • theAREtheARE Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Eastenders and Doctor Who, now that we know that Lacey Turner is leaving what would people think of her as a possible new Who companion?
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theARE wrote: »
    Speaking of Eastenders and Doctor Who, now that we know that Lacey Turner is leaving what would people think of her as a possible new Who companion?

Move along... Nothing to see here....
  • theAREtheARE Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move along... Nothing to see here....

Well I would expect her name to be firmly in the frame next time the role comes up, 28 awards in the last five years, she's a great young actress.

There’s always certain snobbery about soap actors, and sure some of them can be pretty dire, but some are genuinely great actors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I would expect her name to be firmly in the frame next time the role comes up, 28 awards in the last five years, she's a great young actress.

There’s always certain snobbery about soap actors, and sure some of them can be pretty dire, but some are genuinely great actors.

She is a cracking young actress but I hope she just goes and does some theatre for a while, maybe an RSC season to stop her getting all the crappy Outhwaite type roles, she is much better than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member

I've always seen Lacey as a potential companion for the new series. She's a brillaint actress, and looks like a downtone Megan Fox! I doubt they'd make her less erm... grubby? than her Stacey character either! :D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Says she wants to do a period drama then move on to Hollywood. Don't think so Lacey. The period drama, maybe, but Hollywood? Better actors have failed to make it. Doctor Who is more likely to be honest.