Options

Cybermen for the finale?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
Forum Member
Just been looking at the episode titles on Blogtor Who & I'm getting the impression from reading the episode descriptions that the Cybermen could very well be in the finale....or I could be completly wrong!. There were defintly Cybermen in the Doctor Who trailer and usally the finale is a two parter and its dosnt sound like the Cybermen will be in the remaining episodes leading up to the finale. Reckon we will see the mondas Cybermen destroying the Cybus Cybermen?. We saw the RTD Daleks being destroyed by the new Daleks so I'm starting to think we will have a similar situation with RTD's Cybermen being destroyed to.

Comments

• Options
    Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are indeed in the finale, as are the daleks.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Just been looking at the episode titles on Blogtor Who & I'm getting the impression from reading the episode descriptions that the Cybermen could very well be in the finale....or I could be completly wrong!. There were defintly Cybermen in the Doctor Who trailer and usally the finale is a two parter and its dosnt sound like the Cybermen will be in the remaining episodes leading up to the finale. Reckon we will see the mondas Cybermen destroying the Cybus Cybermen?. We saw the RTD Daleks being destroyed by the new Daleks so I'm starting to think we will have a similar situation with RTD's Cybermen being destroyed to.

its bizarre isnt it, i think most people didnt want RTD's daleks destroyed, but they were, and i think most people WANT RTD's cybermen destroyed, but i doubt they will be!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Part of it, but I think there is a big bad that makes them look puny, hence why they're all beaten up.
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoilers in thread titles?
  • Options
    bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was a question in the title:confused::D
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    its bizarre isnt it, i think most people didnt want RTD's daleks destroyed, but they were, and i think most people WANT RTD's cybermen destroyed, but i doubt they will be!

Two thoughts: firstly from the reaction of the kids in Sheffield at the Adventure Game launch, I'd say it was pretty much fandom that objects to the new Daleks the most (as indeed where the most criticism of change of any sort is mostly hotly resisted/contested) It looked to me like the new Daleks were greeted with exactly the same delight as the old ones were...a Dalek is a Dalek is a Dalek.

Secondly, the Mondas Cybermen were frankly ridiculous in every story outside of "Earthshock" that was attempted in colour (and even in Black and White they were no great shakes as an enemy) the best example being their laughable "cannon fodder" appearance in the Five Doctors where their only purpose was to fill time getting destroyed in increasingly amusing ways...this notion that is been propogated that somehow the Mondas Cybermen will return and usher in a return to a golden (silver?) era of these classic foes is based on an extremely shaky premise indeed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two thoughts: firstly from the reaction of the kids in Sheffield at the Adventure Game launch, I'd say it was pretty much fandom that objects to the new Daleks the most (as indeed where the most criticism of change of any sort is mostly hotly resisted/contested) It looked to me like the new Daleks were greeted with exactly the same delight as the old ones were...a Dalek is a Dalek is a Dalek.

The reaction of my son (9 years) to the new Daleks was to laugh. That was without any prompting from me, I hasten to add. Any "tension" he was experiencing in the story up until that point was instantly lost when they appeared on the screen and that was suppose to be the "big reveal". Which shows how important visual design can be to the flow of a story.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    So long as its not Daleks vs. Cybermen yet again.

Both should be rested, we have ad a finalé with them battling together, to have another one would be just a bit silly.
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    The reaction of my son (9 years) to the new Daleks was to laugh. That was without any prompting from me, I hasten to add. Any "tension" he was experiencing in the story up until that point was instantly lost when they appeared on the screen and that was suppose to be the "big reveal". Which shows how important visual design can be to the flow of a story.

Important to your son (9 years) who is already watching 15 Rated DVD'S and possibly above with his friends when you aren't looking...for all children, being able to openly laugh at something they would formerly have been mesmerised/scared by is an important moment in proving to their parents that they have grown up...we've all been there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    ssj2matt wrote: »
    Part of it, but I think there is a big bad that makes them look puny, hence why they're all beaten up.

I think the biggest shock cliffhanger ending they could have to a Dr Who series would be one similar to IMHO the best moment ever in Star Trek:

The entire federation fleet struggled to defeat one Borg cube on various occasions, so when Voyager stumbles across the remains of about a dozen Borg cubes that have obviously been pulverized by a more powerful enemy. If someone could do that to the Borg, they must be super powerful. Eek!

In Dr Who, if he stumbled across a planet full of destroyed cybermen and/or daleks it would point to a newer bigger, badder big bad.