Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhaaaaaaa...

..and breathe.....:D:D

ahahaahaahahaahahahaahaaaaa:p:D
    My O/H just said, your mad you.:D
  • Options
    dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    exactly...
    gin (minus), tonic (assume neutral), lemon (plus) ;):D

You joke, but I read somewhere that for some alcoholics the vitamin C in the lemon is what keeps them alive. Not that I'm saying you're an alcoholic. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    off out again intoi the universe again tonight

going to a gig :cool:
    It must be one of those Taxi come Space Ship, they go anywhere these days.:D
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting reading last night's posts and seeing that Gemo used to be a hippy. Also surprised anyone would admit to having seen Gong. :D

We were given free tickets.

We also were given tickets to go to the theatre every week so Mr G could report on their productions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    off out again intoi the universe again tonight

going to a gig :cool:

Hope you have fun.

By the way, you are already in the universe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    We were given free tickets.

We also were given tickets to go to the theatre every week so Mr G could report on their productions.

A friend of mine used to get free tickets so that he could report on gigs for the paper, and I'd go if it was something I liked. Sometimes, though, the desk didn't have them, which was very embarrassing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That classifies as 100%.

The way I look at it (simplistically, I know) is that everything balances out (if we're smart).

So in a meal of meat, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage, maybe I'd get two minuses and two pluses, evening out to no risk.

One day I might have a meal of fish (battered) and chips, followed by an ice cream (all minuses). But I could even this out the next day by having chicken, peas, beans, broccoli, or whatever.

I could eat a bag of crisps (minus). And later an apple (plus).
    I don't think the '+''s counteract the '-''s somehow.

If you put poison in a meal then add a nice bit of fresh orange it'll still kill you.
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    My O/H just said, your mad you.:D

Coming from Mrs Saint Hicky, I'll take that as a compliment, thank her very much from me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You joke, but I read somewhere that for some alcoholics the vitamin C in the lemon is what keeps them alive. Not that I'm saying you're an alcoholic. ;)

:eek::p:p
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hellooooo:D
    I'm back:D didn't fall off my bike either:p
    Was very virtuous and only had three glasses of bubbles, and a lot of very yummy nibbles so I'm stuffed!
    Kids are having pizza and I'm reclining on 't'sofa:D
    Himself wants to go play on the boat tomorrow so I've been trying to sort out the gear, unfortunately we appear to have lost stuff again, he's not going to be a happy bunny, all the moreso given that he's the one who left it behind.....plus, despite it being a posh yacht club, they're a bunch of lightfingered wee shites there so the chances of anything still being around are absolutely nil:( - an expensive mistake to make:(

anyhoo, nowt much happening here now, waiting for the return of the prodigal one:rolleyes: and then zzzzzz....citin way to spend a friday evening...should be off down Patpong or Soi Cowboy picking fights with the ladyboys:D

Glad you got back unscathed :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you got back unscathed :D

so am I:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so am I:D

Although does mean I cant take the pee out of you for falling off :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now!, you're not going to believe this.

I've just found out the the Tyres i took off to put the Winter (M&S) ones on, were already (M&S).:eek:

I took 4 off and changed them.:D

Mind you i thought they needed renewing but my lad said there was another year in them.
    The garage must have put them on when i bought the car.

Funniest thing I have read today :D:D:D
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine used to get free tickets so that he could report on gigs for the paper, and I'd go if it was something I liked. Sometimes, though, the desk didn't have them, which was very embarrassing.

We went every week to one theatre and we had our own seats – well, not really, we just always sat in the seats allocated to the local reporter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although does mean I cant take the pee out of you for falling off :D
    Don't worry, i'm sure there will be other opportunities:D
    Funniest thing I have read today :D:D:D
    hilarious:D... and I vaguely remember perhaps suggesting that the existing tyres would be suitable anyway, given that landrover primarily are off-road vehicles (not counting the girly Range Rover Evoque...pah, girly town car...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

hilarious:D... and I vaguely remember perhaps suggesting that the existing tyres would be suitable anyway, given that landrover primarily are off-road vehicles (not counting the girly Range Rover Evoque...pah, girly town car...)

No doubt about it I should say :D

You spoke wise words, just a pity Hicky didnt heed your advice and save himself expense and bother, these youngsters have no idea do they :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I never dreamt that it has winter tyres, mind you i bought the car in the winter,

The Range Rover Evoque is selling like hot cakes.

Strange that they are paying £100,000 in China for one, because of import duties, but we sell millions of foreign built cars here and don't put any import duty like that on them.

We are 1 loony country, no wonder we import so much, if there's no duty then the whole world can sell their goods but we can't because noone buys British goods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You spoke wise words, just a pity Hicky didnt heed your advice and save himself expense and bother, these youngsters have no idea do they :D
    Aye, youth of today....tuts...:D
    I never dreamt that it has winter tyres, mind you i bought the car in the winter,

The Range Rover Evoque is selling like hot cakes.

Strange that they are paying £100,000 in China for one, because of import duties, but we sell millions of foreign built cars here and don't put any import duty like that on them.

We are 1 loony country, no wonder we import so much, if there's no duty then the whole world can sell their goods but we can't because noone buys British goods.
    Useless piece of metal, the Evoque, no interior space, all looks and no substance, i can see why you would like it Hicky;):D give me an old Defender 110 any day..don't need roads with one of those:D

...anyhoo, OH due back any time now so better get off lappy and be dutiful wifey....no sniggering at the back there....:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

But Halla didn't know, as like me that the car already had winter tyres, and my original were down to 4mm tread which isn't ideal for me for a winter.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you have fun.

By the way, you are already in the universe.

i know :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Halla didn't know, as like me that the car already had winter tyres, and my original were down to 4mm tread which isn't ideal for me for a winter.

Yeah, yeah, yeah :D
  • Options
    LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ARA General Belgrano was an Argentine Navy light cruiser in service from 1951 until 1982. Formerly the USS Phoenix (CL-46), she saw action in the Pacific theater of World War II before being sold to Argentina. After almost 31 years of service, she was sunk during the Falklands War
    That was lucky then, two birds with one stone.:eek::D

Just had a fruitless journey to my daughter's open evening at college. :
    It was supposed to be 6.30 -7.30 so we turned up at 7.05 hoping to avoid sitting for an hour waiting like last time only to find the tutors had gone :mad: The staff who were there told us it finished at seven and there was a bit of letter waving, someone went off for a bit and then returned casually saying "oh some letters were sent out with the wrong time on" :eek:
    It is a good job she is doing well and there are no "issues" to be discussed.
    I'm never sure whether Hicky winds you up on purpose or not; but I'm pretty sure he did this time, because you'd explained clearly enough what happened. I'm laughing a little bit, I admit.
    Not sure that the first posting was "explained clearly enough" It was only after prompting from Hicky that we are told that an apology was proferred
    Now!, you're not going to believe this.
    I've just found out the the Tyres i took off to put the Winter (M&S) ones on, were already (M&S).
    I took 4 off and changed them.
    Mind you i thought they needed renewing but my lad said there was another year in them.
    The garage must have put them on when i bought the car.
    Glad to hear you in touch with your feminine side still.
    Morning everyone

No, Hicky on this occasion it would NOT have been ok because if (as last time)other pupils overhear idiot teachers saying (booming) your daughter is a pleasure to teach/perfect student/going to pass with distinction/wishes other students were more like her then it is NOT beneficial to your own child or others and we arrived WELL WITHIN THE APPOINTED TIME to account for this.
    We did not haphazardly wander in at any old time. The fault was with the staff and they ADMITTED IT and APOLOGISED.
    Now we get the truth!:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aye, youth of today....tuts...:D

Useless piece of metal, the Evoque, no interior space, all looks and no substance, i can see why you would like it Hicky;):D give me an old Defender 110 any day..don't need roads with one of those:D

...anyhoo, OH due back any time now so better get off lappy and be dutiful wifey....no sniggering at the back there....:p
    To be honest i prefer a big heavy vehicle, wouldn't get an Evoque myself because of that.

I rather like this defender myself, great Body work.:D
    http://www.weknowcars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ed_imgsnf2002mi_34699a.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    Not sure that the first posting was "explained clearly enough" It was only after prompting from Hicky that we are told that an apology was proferred.

It was clear to me that Honey arrived on time according to the letter that had been sent to her, which said that the meeting would end half an hour later than it did in the event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest i prefer a big heavy vehicle, wouldn't get an Evoque myself because of that.

I rather like this defender myself, great Body work.:D
    http://www.weknowcars.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ed_imgsnf2002mi_34699a.jpg

neat chassis, but, of course, that's the short wheel-base 90, doesn't have the capacity.....:D

really gone now....:D
This discussion has been closed.