The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    eldracttam wrote: »
    Still can't get the Mars Bar cheesecake out of my mind :D Whatever next deep fried mars bars :eek::eek: Tilly ?

Haha!! Well I've never even seen one let alone tried one! :eek:. I'm told they are very nice! But I can say our chippies where I live don't do such delicacies but they do a nice line in pizza crunch (battered deep fried pizza - incase it's not unhealthy enough :p)

Oh and thanks everyone for the fabulous highbarn reviews. Still peeved I couldn't make it!
  • eldracttameldracttam Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha!! Well I've never even seen one let alone tried one! :eek:. I'm told they are very nice! But I can say our chippies where I live don't do such delicacies but they do a nice line in pizza crunch (battered deep fried pizza - incase it's not unhealthy enough :p)

:eek::eek::eek: I'll have to pass that idea on to son, he works at a pizza place on a weekend. When in Edinburgh a few years ago we nearly had one, but chippie had run out of mars bars. I couldn't believe they actually deep fry the pies also :D
    Forum Member

:eek::eek::eek: I'll have to pass that idea on to son, he works at a pizza place on a weekend. When in Edinburgh a few years ago we nearly had one, but chippie had run out of mars bars. I couldn't believe they actually deep fry the pies also :D

I know! Such a horrendous waste of a wee scotch pie :eek:. Gorgeous in their organic form but deep fried is even way too stodgy for a dyed in the wool, iron coated arteried scot like me!!

Am I the only saddo who spends certain moments of the day doing sums on my kitchen wall clock (subtractions of 8 :p)and wondering what he's up to? :o. Please say its not just me
    !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know! Such a horrendous waste of a wee scotch pie :eek:. Gorgeous in their organic form but deep fried is even way too stodgy for a dyed in the wool, iron coated arteried scot like me!!

Am I the only saddo who spends certain moments of the day doing sums on my kitchen wall clock (subtractions of 8 :p)and wondering what he's up to? :o. Please say its not just me
    !

Not just you at all. When he tweets I work it out and then just in general at random times of the day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

!

Definitely not just you :D
    Chippy's here in Glasgow do the pizza crunch too, Boak.!!
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Visit to the Guitar Festival at Highbarn where Matt and Ali will be performing on 30th of June.
    I won’t be mentioning all those things from Cardie and Cats reports just those little things that were slightly different.
    Well here is my report on yesterday’s trip to to 5 Bells and eventually Highbarn Guitar Festival. . I to thank Cat for organising and booking all.;) :)

I am not going to discuss getting there with OH……. SATNAV worked but took us through the back doubles:eek: and we arrived at the same time as SAM and Ped. SAM, bless her, helped me into the pub., we all kissed and hugged, there were a few peeps I had not met, but most I had met before. Cat and I had our OH’s with us I wonder what they thought of us. We chatted ate and our delicious lunches and were then ready for the reason we had made the journey Highbarn.;)
    The convoy of cars wended its way to Highbarn…………I must explain that my balance by the time I reached Highbarn was almost non-existent; :eek::D we all went into in through Highbarn door and the magic began. I went in not knowing what to expect …….Kate Bullen came up smiling said hello gave me a hug and kiss and then Mr Cardle senior recognized me and did the same; I bent over to where Pippa was sitting and we kissed and hugged; they asked us to go out to the Marquee as that was where Ali, Lorenzo and Ben were performing.;)
    OMG!!!!! we OH and I joined all of the others and sat down in the front row to listen to the session that Ali, Ben, and Lorenzo were playing. What a treat we were in for; I was tapping my feet I could see Cat others doing the same while others were filming the whole (we forgot our camera however was able to get a few shots of the guys in the Marquee. OH sat there with a smile written across his face he absolutely loved .them. After they had finished OH in his usually manner went up and introduced himself first of all to Ali and Lorenzo who he had met in Inverness, Lorenzo made a remark about Inverness I won’t repeat on here. We then all went outside, we could not enter the main building as they said they were still doing sound checks. it was very cold by this time we were outside talking to the other performers Ben Smith who was part of the trio he was so pleased that people liked his work bless. OH asked Ali about his ‘drum’ it seems that Ali and OH have a very similar sense of humour we laughed. Then the thing was passed over and it was a laugh that’s for sure …..I will say no more lol. I have pictures of the guys performing in the Marquee.
    Now we were in for a treat; at around 7.00 we all moved into the lovely warm main Highbarn for the night performance and were able to get hot drinks and snippets before it began. This building is truly something to see this t is the second time I have been there and it’s just beautiful. OH and I sat in the front row again drinking relaxing.
    It was a really good show; there 5 acts - when the first artist mentioned Dire Straits Walk of Life OH who had already been sitting there with a smile across his face was thrilled. We all really enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd acts - Robert's guitar technique is absolutely sublime, the 4th act was perhaps slightly bizarre keyboard and electric guitar thing was one could hardly hear the guitar. I'll leave it to The last act, Sarah McQuaid, was OK - quite a deep tone for a female voice not my to my taste however OH loved it. Oh and she sang First Time it just did not have the same emotion as when Matt performs it.
    Kate said she was amazed at the amount of people who had already entered the lottery for the Matt and Ali performance and that it’s that they had received some interesting request as to how many might be allowed per lottery vote. Kate also said prior to Matt singing FT she had never really like the song and I said I know, Kate and I when we first met said at the same time ‘It’s the voice’.Kate showed us the studios where they record I am sure that none of the other guest get the guided tours that our group do.;)
    SAM Gobstoppers……………..lol when Ali unwrapped that gobstopper I was in hysterics.
    Suffice to say it was well worth the journey OH absolutely loved it and I know it won’t be our last visit to Highbarn.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Off to bed all Nite nite all ;)

Sweet dreams.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Goodnight all you lovely people in the uk, time to finish this song and get a few blue moons in me : ) xx

:)
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Goodnight all you lovely people in the uk, time to finish this song and get a few blue moons in me : ) xx

awww... :cry::):)

ETA - snap Toasty! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still can't get the Mars Bar cheesecake out of my mind :D Whatever next deep fried mars bars :eek::eek: Tilly ?

It looked really scummy and I wished that I could have eaten it. ;) I had to make do with a cheese board and hand made bread;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:)

Aww toasty :cry::cry: bless him. ;)
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Linseyap wrote: »
    Where did this idea of a single without an album come from? :confused:

I was thinking that! :confused: I haven't seen it touted anywhere that Matt is considering a summer single. My take is that the Letters campaign is over and preparation of the 2nd album is in full swing. Apart from the festivals this summer, which are for keeping Matt in the spotlight rather than selling Letters - I don't think we will be expecting any campaign until the new album is ready for launch. I agree with Wkd's points though - Matt has no chance currently of any airplay on the main singles channels, so the next time he releases a single it should be solely to sell the next album.
    Forum Member
    Matt has said on a few occasion that he is not so concerned about the singles charts and is more concerned with album sales ..I hope he is not just saying that:eek:..so I presume with that in mind he will only release something if he has an album to back it up..he does seem to getting a bit more freedom at the mo ..I hope this is a positive sign ...there is always the question that he could be looking to re-work letters ie add some extra tracks for a US release but I don't honestly think that's on the cards at the mo

Seem to remember a few months back, Matt said that any attempt at the US would be with album 2 later this year. I think that is backed up by the fact that he has gone there to write some of this one in L.A. It does make you think that someone, somewhere, decided from the word go that Matt wouldn't be launched in the US on album 1. Cher, 1D and Rebecca were all sent off to the US to write (have written for them) their first albums, whereas Matt stayed firmly in the UK. I assumed at the time it was a mixture of him feeling he could get all he needed here and also the flying phobia. Now that he has gone there (so he can clearly cope with flying, even if he hates it) I query whether it was always the strategy by the PTB that Letters was an album for the UK only - although why I have no idea.
    Forum Member

!

It's not just you. :o
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    I see he's taken some note of all the fans over here selfishly wanting him back on British soil :D
    nowhere in particular just a follow on from previous conversations but in the context of him previewing a new song in LA. This may be more to do with the XF shackles not being on so he feels able to share a bit more, whereas last year if felt like a state secret. Or it may be that they intend to put some stuff out much earlier - purely conjecture on our part I think - unless anyone knows anything I don't.:o

I think this was a pretty free and experimental show, he did such a variety of stuff. There aren't the same restrictions on him there as there are here. I'd love to hear some stuff he's creating as he goes along but that's not the normal route, just wishful thinking!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Just found this... looks like it's being shown on 3 Spanish TV channels :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uT-E1qnVcac
    Forum Member

This is pretty awesome. The Spanish adore their footie and are reigning chamoions so it's a great ad to be on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

si si:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some funny tweets going back and forth between Matt and Will again :D

will talbot ‏ @willtalbot1
    I keep being told I look like Rose West... what the hell

@willtalbot1 I'm the only one with you lol xx

will talbot ‏ @willtalbot1
    @matt_cardle_uk I was trying to keep you 'anonymous'... STOP CALLING ME ROSE WEST. I have contact lenses #shedoesnt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more tweet before I go to bed :sleep:
    @matt_cardle_uk thanks for the fantastic show in LA tonight! The untitled new song was just beautiful...
    :eek:
    Blah!!!!! Did he just forget to introduce it or was it something new????? *mind racing* :eek:
    New song!! :eek: :eek:

Enjoy Highbarn folks! Hopefully it won't be your only trip in the coming months :D
    kazbo5771 wrote: »
    Wonder if any footage will appear on YT. We NEED to hear this new song :eek:
    Linda Shaw wrote: »
    AGREED!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

New song ? hmmmnn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    Tweet

At the hotel cafe, just a sneaky one, @willtalbot1 creeping with his camera xx http://yfrog.com/ocitycej

Will should have taken photos when Matt's undressing for bed ,yeah for the fans yeah :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megamatt wrote: »
    Will should have taken photos when Matt's undressing for bed ,yeah for the fans yeah :)

Oh god, you cant say that just before I go to work :eek::eek:
    *Gulp* Just in his CK's eh :o
  • CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Where did this idea of a single without an album come from? :confused:

I was thinking that! :confused: I haven't seen it touted anywhere that Matt is considering a summer single. My take is that the Letters campaign is over and preparation of the 2nd album is in full swing. Apart from the festivals this summer, which are for keeping Matt in the spotlight rather than selling Letters - I don't think we will be expecting any campaign until the new album is ready for launch. I agree with Wkd's points though - Matt has no chance currently of any airplay on the main singles channels, so the next time he releases a single it should be solely to sell the next album.

We only got into the discussion because someone on here (was it DenJ?) mentioned it in a post. I'm not really expecting it tbh, but would like a bigger gap than a week between it and the next album, so it has a chance to stand on its own 2 feet so to speak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris DeStefano ‏ @destefanomusic
    Amazing show from @matt_cardle_uk last night at Hotel Cafe.

This is one of the guys Matt was writing with:D:D:D:D
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    Chris DeStefano
    @destefanomusic

2 incredible days. You guys kill it. “@LilEddieSERRANO: day #2 w/ these incredible geniuses @destefanomusic @matt_cardle_uk”
    another tweet from someone who was there :)

@matt_cardle_uk you are amazing new song is fabulous but what more could we expect from a man like you #loveyouMatt

ETA - I've asked her for details :p

One of the songwriter is some country? yeahh.
  • CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely review Mita - fancy me forgetting to say that we were shown round the studio! Duhbrain!
This discussion has been closed.