new phone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
Forum Member
✭✭
it's maybe a bit late but me and the wife are going into town soon and she wants a new phone, she wants to keep her number and contact list, she is with T-mobile and we don't know if we can buy a phone using another providor and still maintain the number and contact list, is this possible? she may want to go for a smart/touch type phone again any advice along this line would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    newbee wrote: »
    it's maybe a bit late but me and the wife are going into town soon and she wants a new phone, she wants to keep her number and contact list, she is with T-mobile and we don't know if we can buy a phone using another providor and still maintain the number and contact list, is this possible? she may want to go for a smart/touch type phone again any advice along this line would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yes. Number can be transferred even if you change operators.

Contacts can normally be transferred too.

Smart phones - if you have never had a smartphone then try a few different types out.

IPhone you'll have heard of. Fairly expensive. Love it or hate it brand.
    Android is now a more popular operating system. Dozens of phones to choose from in all price ranges.

Both of the above have huge app stores

Windows is very slick and looks nice. Plenty of apps but its less popular and fewer phone models than android.

Blackberry seems very popular with kids but is a bit old hat. Unless you have a specific need for it I'd avoid.

Oh and if you are buying from the high street if you ask them they will probably sort out transferring numbers ans contact for you.