Options

The Saturdays - Living For The Weekend (album previews inside)

124»

Comments

• Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 6 in the midweek album charts. I actually think that is pretty good.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 6 in the midweek album charts. I actually think that is pretty good.

Oh thank God, I know it could still drop but as long as it charts within the top 20 I'll be happy-ish.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Jordan Omley.

Thanks. So why was he not credited?
  • Options
    icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is okay, it does get better with more listens.
    'Gentleman' is the best thing about the whole album.

I have pin-pointed what spoils the majority of songs for me though and it's Mollie's voice. It's a right nasal whine. I like her but her voice ruins every verse..
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    icanboogie wrote: »

I have pin-pointed what spoils the majority of songs for me though and it's Mollie's voice. It's a right nasal whine. I like her but her voice ruins every verse..

I'm sure that Mollie is sweet enough but her voice really isn't great so I don't understand why she is given so many lines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »

Worst thing more like.
  • Options
    icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst thing more like.

Perhaps if it had a dance beat attached to it you might have found it likeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delete.

Wrong thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know who the rapper is on Anywhere With You?

I couldn't find it online. I really liked that song until I heard the rap. I don't think that it is needed. :(
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Worst thing more like.

I disagree. I like the fact that it isn't a generic dance song. It's catchy and it's very 90s.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt they will be doing much promotion for the new album now Frankie popped out her baby. :rolleyes:

Bad timing. They will probably release one more song then its over.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt they will be doing much promotion for the new album now Frankie popped out her baby. :rolleyes:

Bad timing. They will probably release one more song then its over.:mad:

They're on Live Lounge next Wednesday and that's pretty much it. :p And I doubt they'll even release another single since Frankie won't be able to shoot a video for at least a month and by the time it's even released (and they're all able to promote it) the album will be long gone from the charts.
  • Options
    x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales for The Sats new album are not brilliant, despite them getting Top 10.

From MW:
    Can we really all have lived so long that The Saturdays have released five albums? Apparently so. Latest effort, Living For The Weekend, was preceded by no fewer than four singles and debuts at number 10 (9,554 sales), while the latest of the quartet, Disco Love makes a second week 5-14 descent (23,166 sales). The Saturdays 2008 debut Chasing Lights peaked at number nine and is their most successful album, with a to-date tally of 385,341 sales. 2009's Wordshaker also got to number nine but has sold only 85,506 copies, 2010's Headlines! - actually a 28 minute mini-album - reached the heady position of number three and has sold 208,954 copies. And 2011's On Your Radar reached only number 23, and has sold 60,990 copies thus far.

4 Singles including a Number 1 and not even breaking the 10k barrier.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats really poor 1st week sales, surely must be their lowest 1st week sale, OYR opened with around 18k if im right....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just over 9,000 copies? Wow, that's low. That's surely just the number shipped and not necessarily sold. :(
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's a heck of a lot lower than I was expecting tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Just over 9,000 copies? Wow, that's low. That's surely just the number shipped and not necessarily sold. :(

It's sold.

And it's a bad number but everyone is suffering from poor sales at the moment. You only need to sell 9K to go top ten (sometimes even lower). There's albums that have been out weeks that peaked higher than #10 and haven't even crossed 100K yet. Platinum (300K) used to be the target for most albums but I think artists would be happy with their albums selling 100K these days. Sales are shocking.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, seems shocking that under 10k sold can still bag you a top 10 album these days
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The album is out in the USA now :(

What's the point if they're not going to promote it? They should send Lease My Love to radio :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is out in the USA now :(

What's the point if they're not going to promote it? They should send Lease My Love to radio :D.

Same reason it's released everywhere else, for their fans.

It's at #99 on the US iTunes anyway.