The winners song won't get to number one because of band aid I assume

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,886
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I assume band aid will stay number one till Xmas so X factor Xmas number one this year

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be so sure based on how quickly the sales tailed off towards the back end of the week.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Its possible the Band Aid would cool down slightly but id be happier with Band Aid at Number One. Its not a great song by any stretch in fact I dislike a lot of the changes they made but its for an amazing cause so im happy for it to have a few weeks at Number One.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,525
    Forum Member
    I think it's sales decline has been fairly big... However may pick up again in the run up to x mas - so you never know
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wagner will be number 1
  • AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Band Aid will have run out of steam by then. That's why Simon heavily indorsed the song, he almost acted like it was the old finalists charity singles. (remember them?) Obviously a deal he struck with Geldof. I'll promote Band Aid heavily, but you have to release it really early so X Factor can safely get that all important Christmas No1. Otherwise the bizarre early release of Band Aid makes no sense.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    JazzyJaney wrote: »
    Band Aid will have run out of steam by then. That's why Simon heavily indorsed the song, he almost acted like it was the old finalists charity singles. (remember them?) Obviously a deal he struck with Geldof. I'll promote Band Aid heavily, but you have to release it really early so X Factor can safely get that all important Christmas No1. Otherwise the bizarre early release of Band Aid makes no sense.

There has only been one band aid (second one) to not be released in November. They usually give it a mid to late November release. If it was a genuine battle for number one and both released at the same time...not a chance X Factor would get Christmas No. 1... Regardless of who won.

They release it early so some of the aid can be dished out in time for Christmas
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member

EXACTLY this! !:D

That Simon is a sly one, aint he???:(
    Saw the look on his face , when Bob was talking. Look of greed and self importance! !!:confused::D
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Erm, maybe to raise money sooner rather than later? Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Erm, maybe to raise money sooner rather than later? Just a thought.

Of course Band Aid's core aim is to raise money, but It's also a single with a legacy of Christmas No1s. It may sound terribly cynical but they want it to do well in the charts. Didn't Bob Geldof say something in this weeks X Factor about 'deleting the copy of the song you have and downloading another one?' Why not just encourage people to donate directly to the charity after they've bought it once? In fact, I've just spent a good few minutes trying to find the Ebola charity it's giving to and couldn't find any info. :confused:

I felt it was odd it was released just that bit too early so that it would dip before the Christmas chart. In the history books Band Aid30 would surely want to be Christmas No1. Band Aid and Band Aid 20 were both released on the 29th November. Simon's input just made me feel it was strategically released that's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Band Aid's core aim is to raise money, but It's also a single with a legacy of Christmas No1s. It may sound terribly cynical but they want it to do well in the charts. Didn't Bob Geldof say something in this weeks X Factor about 'deleting the copy of the song you have and downloading another one?' Why not just encourage people to donate directly to the charity after they've bought it once? In fact, I've just spent a good few minutes trying to find the Ebola charity it's giving to and couldn't find any info. :confused:

I felt it was odd it was released just that bit too early so that it would dip before the Christmas chart. In the history books Band Aid30 would surely want to be Christmas No1. Band Aid and Band Aid 20 were both released on the 29th November. Simon's input just made me feel it was strategically released that's all.

I've Done a bit more research. I assumed Band Aid30 was done in conjunction with an Ebola charity but I couldn't find anything about that. Eventually I found the donate page on the Band Aid site itself. It would have been nice to have a bit more information about how the money is helping to be honest, rather than this one sentence:

This year the Band Aid Trust will administer funds from #BandAid30 towards efforts to fight the spread of Ebola and to care for its victims.

Don't get me wrong, I completely support it. I just think they should be a bit less vague.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You have posted exactly what I was about to say.

There has been some back room deal for exposure, for sure.

The almost 'Big Brother' images of Sir Bob on that tacky show with Scowell wearing a slimy grin was enough to put me off buying anything associated with it. You can contribute to the defense of Ebole without buying a silly record with a bunch of puppets singing on it. My mind was made up on contribution when I saw the support team go out to Africa anyway. It didn't take Sir Bob and Mafia Boss Cowell to determine my decision. >:(

I would not buy anything Syco produced because I don't support socially irresponsible organisations anyway.