Double EE4G data for existing orange or t mobile customers

Comments

• Options
    davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpwykes wrote: »
    Just called them spoke to a lady who was not aware of this,
    She kindly went to speak to her team leader who also had not heard of this so had no joy :(

1 thing I hate about EE is the likes of this. All staff should know what is and isn't available! Clearly I struck lucky however, SkyPlatinum also did and availed of it!

Really is terrible that they can't make staff aware of these deals. I would complain mate and if they don't believe you then I will pm you my real name and you can quote it. While they will tell you nothing about my account due to data protection they will be able to see what deal I have and hopefully replicate it.

Devon, any more luck? If not ill happily pm you my name also for same reason.
  • Options
    coolmp3coolmp3 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I moved to EE today with the double data from 5 to 10GB. As I expected the MYEE said I only had 5gb. I phoned EE customer service who had no idea of any such offer.

I was on hold for about 20mins as the guy contacted t-mobile retention who confirmed the offer. The EE guy then managed to add the additional 5gb which instantly appeared on my account.

For the deal it appears you need to contact your network your coming forms retention team.
  • Options
    dpwykesdpwykes Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    1 thing I hate about EE is the likes of this. All staff should know what is and isn't available! Clearly I struck lucky however, SkyPlatinum also did and availed of it!

Really is terrible that they can't make staff aware of these deals. I would complain mate and if they don't believe you then I will pm you my real name and you can quote it. While they will tell you nothing about my account due to data protection they will be able to see what deal I have and hopefully replicate it.

Devon, any more luck? If not ill happily pm you my name also for same reason.

Have tried the Twitter route and sent them a tweet asking about it and have linked this thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have tried the Twitter route and sent them a tweet asking about it and have linked this thread

Any news back mate? Hopefully once they read this then they will sort it out. It's shocking that staff don't know all the stuff that is available!
  • Options
    nigelbbnigelbb Posts: 1,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the early adopters like myself get shafted again :-(
    Three have announced that 4G will just be integrated into their network for use by all their customers as all the operators have done with previous network upgrades. No operator has previously tried to charge a premium to customers for upgrades of the underlying mobile network technology. It's only EE who are trying to take advantage of their early roll out of 4G LTE by screwing extra money out of their customers. Previously moving from 2.5G to 2.75G to 3G to 3G+ i.e. GPRS, EDGE, HSPDA, HSPDA+ with continual improvement in network speed has not been seen as an occasion to try & charge extra for a faster premium product. EE's stance has been a gross commercial misjudgement & they will have to backtrack & stop charging extra for 4G when O2 & Vodafone also roll it out at no extra charge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Three have announced that 4G will just be integrated into their network for use by all their customers as all the operators have done with previous network upgrades. No operator has previously tried to charge a premium to customers for upgrades of the underlying mobile network technology. It's only EE who are trying to take advantage of their early roll out of 4G LTE by screwing extra money out of their customers. Previously moving from 2.5G to 2.75G to 3G to 3G+ i.e. GPRS, EDGE, HSPDA, HSPDA+ with continual improvement in network speed has not been seen as an occasion to try & charge extra for a faster premium product. EE's stance has been a gross commercial misjudgement & they will have to backtrack & stop charging extra for 4G when O2 & Vodafone also roll it out at no extra charge.

And where did you get the info that O2 and Voda won't charge for 4G?
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Can't see O2 and VOD not charging more for LTE. Especially with Telefonica's perilous financial situation. Shelling out for 800/2600 will only make matters worse. They'll have to get it back somehow. I'm wondering if Three will even spend that much at the auction if at all. By sticking with the 1800 they already have (paid for), that'll be 1 billion less to worry about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And where did you get the info that O2 and Voda won't charge for 4G?
    Just a simple deduction. They didn't charge a premium for 3G & now they have seen how exposed EE are in trying to screw their customers they will want to kick them while they are down by freezing them out as the only mobile operator who charges extra for 4G.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Can't see O2 and VOD not charging more for LTE. Especially with Telefonica's perilous financial situation. Shelling out for 800/2600 will only make matters worse. They'll have to get it back somehow. I'm wondering if Three will even spend that much at the auction if at all. By sticking with the 1800 they already have (paid for), that'll be 1 billion less to worry about.
    They will get the money that they pay for the frequencies back just by staying in business & stuffing EE's attempt at an early adopter money grab. The auction for 4G frequencies will not raise the frankly ridiculous sums that previous auctions have delivered.

EE have been trying it on as there is no competition for 4G at present. Thank goodness they aren't a monopoly long term. They will get their comeuppance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any news back mate? Hopefully once they read this then they will sort it out. It's shocking that staff don't know all the stuff that is available!

I've had a few tweets back from them but still waiting for a reply to my latest tweet.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    O2 have stated that they will be charging a premium. I love how folk are getting pissy that you pay extra for 4G... don't get it. Simples. It's a network exclusive you were never going to get it cheap, probably part of the reason they were allowed to launch it in the first place.

Also the double deal is retentions only.. you may be lucky but you'd have to be put through to high tier retentions to definitely get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a very prescient comment on a Guardian article reporting on 4G last October
    I fear EE has gone down a cul-de-sac with this. It only takes one of its competitors to realize that differentiation between 3G and LTE tariffs is not only futile but also counter-productive (i.e. very limited coverage, pisses off existing customers, few phones, damages existing brands and relationships, gives an excuse to reconsider loyalty as 4G more important than existing brand) and where does EE go? Imagine if 3, or one of the other competitors announces "All our customers have 4G. Does your network love you enough?" It doesn't cost them much, as most customers don't have LTE phones and LTE technology can be delivered to alleviate current network overload. Meanwhile, T-Mobile and Orange, overloaded and unloved, lacking LTE contracts, become perceived as budget network and go into a death spiral. But remember, this is where most of EE's customers live. This approach might have been worth the risk for a small player like 3 (though I still don't believe it), but it doesn't make any sense for the biggest player in the market. This just shows that Olaf Swantee isn't very smart.
  • Options
    JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O2 have stated that they will be charging a premium. I love how folk are getting pissy that you pay extra for 4G... don't get it. Simples. It's a network exclusive you were never going to get it cheap, probably part of the reason they were allowed to launch it in the first place.

Also the double deal is retentions only.. you may be lucky but you'd have to be put through to high tier retentions to definitely get it.

When did they state this?
  • Options
    misarmisar Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I found a very prescient comment on a Guardian article reporting on 4G last October

Indeed it was. Does anyone remember what happened when 3G was introduced, ie what sort of premium if any over 2G tariffs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jwhiterz wrote: »
    When did they state this?

Paragraph 5 here..

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23577/Three_cools_on_All_You_Can_Eat_4G_data_plans.aspx

Could always change their mind though. Who knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    misar wrote: »
    Indeed it was. Does anyone remember what happened when 3G was introduced, ie what sort of premium if any over 2G tariffs?

There was a premium at first for 3G. Can't remember the details. I expect someone else can.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd pay the extra just for the coverage to be honest.
    Went to two customers today, both with crappy ADSL. 3G ok outside. Inside (where at one of the locations I could have done with fast data to hotspot to a pc), just GPRS. 2-3 bars gprs too.
    Old pc needed a million updates, had to bring it back with me. If I had LTE here, that would have been 2-3 bars as well and that poor 8 year old pavilion would have wondered what had hit it when it suddenly got plugged into a 10-20 meg connection.
    It will transform the way I work. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member

They are adamant that this is not for existing customers so wont give me the double date :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, as was said, retentions only. Good idea though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are adamant that this is not for existing customers so wont give me the double date :mad:
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Yeah, as was said, retentions only. Good idea though!

Definitely gave it to me which is odd, as can be seen from my screen shot of the my EE app...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Definitely gave it to me which is odd, as can be seen from my screen shot of the my EE app...

Alright, alright, don't fecking rub it in mate!! Hahahahaha
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Devon I've noticed a few sites near me have been definitely 2G refreshed (not LTE) as i never used to get 2G but it's basically jumped from no bars in two separate locations to 3-4 bars 2G. If this rolls out to what the LTE will be like in rural areas it will be amazing!!

Add in 800 & 750.. i can see even large parts of the current not spots having 10mbps LTE within a few years...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could not agree with this more. For LTE, it's 20% about the speed and 80% about the coverage. If they said to me tomorrow, right you can have LTE with the same coverage as 3G for the same price, or you can have LTE with the same coverage as even the current 2G for £10 extra, I would happily pay £10 more, never mind £5!

I really really really wish people would stop being so short sighted just focusing on the speed. It's so much more than that. It will need to be fully rolled out before this is generally realised though.

Nearly every single day i am indoors somewhere with a 1-2 bar 2G signal. 3G fine outside. This is a fact of life in rural locations. you are spot on. It will be amazing.
  • Options
    coolmp3coolmp3 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Matter of interest what deal are people going for? I've got the 10gb double data.
  • Options
    SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolmp3 wrote: »
    Matter of interest what deal are people going for? I've got the 10gb double data.

3GB doubled to 6GB