Options

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's there so people who've played the previous games can set things up for Inquisition even though there's no save import.

I think it's useful even for those (like me) who haven't played the other games, though, as it gives a run through of the first two.

thomas2400 - You do it on the site. It's sort of an animated comic book to start, covering the first two games with their major choices, before then moving to the full "tapestry" where you get to make tonnes more changes. You can then choose to export the world- state to Inquisition, and you can have multiple world-states saved. You can even export a world-state from Inquisition to the Keep, tweak it, and send it back to the game to another slot.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a cross between the ME interactive comics and the gibbed editor. Should be good.

When's it out, the 21st? Gives me 3 days to get over my arachnophobia then I guess....:D
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Yeah, it's there so people who've played the previous games can set things up for Inquisition even though there's no save import.

Yes there is.

If you have your previous characters from DAO and DA2 saved to the Origin cloud, you can import them into the keep, which i assume also loads in all your choices from those games. You can then import all this into Inquisition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I get it I'll go in blind on my first playthrough, that way if I love the game I can do all the dragons keep stuff second time through and it'll feel like a new experience
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They released another trailer that got me pretty hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SREM6E4Fvs&list=UUb1Fx7ZjON_6F29taDKEuSQ

Game looks great :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Yes there is.

If you have your previous characters from DAO and DA2 saved to the Origin cloud, you can import them into the keep, which i assume also loads in all your choices from those games. You can then import all this into Inquisition.

The whole point of the Keep is to re-create your choices from DA:O and DA II because there's no save transfer process from the older games.

I haven't seen anything confirming that it can be used to actually import past choices.

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/introducing-the-dragon-age-keep

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-dragon-age-inquisition-lets-you-carry-over-you/1100-6422779/

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/08/28/the-dragon-age-keep/

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/dragon-age-keep
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Once you sign in to the keep. Any choices related to that account (heros included) will appear in the tapestry. You are not required to use the same choices.

10 hours in and despite a couple of frustrations the game is fantastic. It also looks incredible downscaled :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

That's surprising, but good. As I said, I'd not seen anything that said it took anything from actual past saves.

I'll be on this once I've (finally) finished Mordor.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the game wasn't out until Friday. How are people playing it already?:confused:
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Really?

That's surprising, but good. As I said, I'd not seen anything that said it took anything from actual past saves.

I'll be on this once I've (finally) finished Mordor.

Whilst ive not been through the entire tapestry, if definitely takes the major decisions you made as they are listed when you select the hero you want to use from DAO and DA2. I can only assume it takes the rest of the decisions too.

The point of the keep is to allow you to create the world as you want it whether you have save games or not. If you have save games it makes sense to use them
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I thought the game wasn't out until Friday. How are people playing it already?:confused:

It released on Tuesday in North America and some people are bound to get it early. Mine's just dispatched from shopto, should get it tomorrow ^_^
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    The game released on PC in South Korea at 3pm on Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Whilst ive not been through the entire tapestry, if definitely takes the major decisions you made as they are listed when you select the hero you want to use from DAO and DA2. I can only assume it takes the rest of the decisions too.

The point of the keep is to allow you to create the world as you want it whether you have save games or not. If you have save games it makes sense to use them

Cool, I'm glad I was wrong :)

Do you know if it takes past choices from all platforms, or just PC?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If somebody loved Skyrim... Would they like this?

What I mean is .. Is it point and click or is there plenty of action slaying dragons etc
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 15 hours into my PC playthrough. Been enjoying it all up until now. Quests are fun, exploring is rewarding enough for me to continue doing it. I'm enjoying it very much. Characters are very interesting, and the story so far is great. I've only just gained my second companion after 15 hours, mostly because I wanted to complete the first zone and do all the quests I could. Also wanted to collect crafting materials and such. :)

I'm playing the archer class and enjoying it quite a lot, even though it's not my type of class.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like Skyrim if previous games are an indication.

Pre-loading on PS4 now!
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    A lot of reviewers are saying the first 15-20hrs are a bit of a "grind fest", but then the game really starts to fire on all cylinders. Looking forward to this, can finally stop playing Diablo...lol.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of reviewers are saying the first 15-20hrs are a bit of a "grind fest", but then the game really starts to fire on all cylinders. Looking forward to this, can finally stop playing Diablo...lol.
    Nothing can be called a 'grind fest' to any Destiny post level 20 players!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep doesn't bother me either, coming from playing EQ for 8 years, 15hrs is just the tutorial.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It has Run DMC and snowboards in it???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woo my game arrived this morning:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The graphics are pretty crap....then again, the previous DA games were never known for their graphical appeal either. The story is good so far though! I'm liking all the freedom to explore as you wish very much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What you playing on?
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They look awesome on PC on ultra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And according to most reviews of current gen consoles the graphics are excellent. Wonder if the poster meant PS3/360