Singstar Question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
Forum Member
✭✭
If I purchase song packs i.e.(Back to the 80's) for the PS3 version, will I then be able to transfer the songs across to the PS4 version?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily. A lot of songs folk bought on ps3 didn't come across.

Do u have a ps4?

If so then download the singstar app free and look at is store to see if it's an available song(s)
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    We had some friends around the other night and decided to give singstar a go on ps4, over the years we had purchased a fair amount of songs on ps3 version.

When I loaded up the singstar ps4 app I was able to find some of my old purchases and download them for ps4 however I discovered their are still plenty of songs I purchased that have not carried over to ps4 yet, I think singstar have stated they will update songs but if your song is not in the library then to try again at a later date which is not very helpful but hopefully they will all come through fairly soon, I think it is something to do licenses.

You can use your mobile as a mic with the free app on google play (not sure about crapple), when we tried we found they didn't perform well when compared to microphones but was still fun. I actually found our old mics a couple of days ago so might give them a whirl.

Don't play it that much anyway but would be nice to have my purchases back
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there was a way of getting our disc-based stuff across to PS4, we didn't buy much through the store but do have a few of the PS3 Singstar discs like the Motown one. I guess they're useless for the PS4 version.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the party modes are gone too on new version. I'm not a frequent user of it myself but many are and are cracking up. The modes that made singstar a good party game are gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies!