Options

Fleur - Simons influence

Comments

• Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really wish this thread had been titled "Simon's InFleurence".
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cowell would've criticised her vocals heavily if she was on a different team.
  • Options
    sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malkay wrote: »
    any particular reason why I 'need' to do anything?

Baaaaaa springs to mind, listen to what Cowell says, people don't dislike Fleur they dislike being told how good she is by Cowell and co when she obviously isn't.

She sings , she dances , she raps
    so did Jedward LOL
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't all the contestants been hyped? Thinkin about it it happens every year for final 12/16 each act gets hyped there are thousands of singers out there which could even be better than leona but they're undiscovered yet but once on xf the hype begins
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Simon is going to be complimentary about his own act. Every judge wants their acts to do well.

At any rate, plenty of contestants this year have been treated very well yet have left the competition (OTY, Stevi) or been in the bottom 2 (Stereo Kicks). She's gotten this far by delivering brilliant performances consistently.

OTY have been treated shockingly!
    They've constantly been marginalised to the tweenie market, which isn't their real demographic, and the word "niche" has been drip fed into the public's subconscious alongside the "my kids love you comments".

Their true demographic would have had a substantial cross-over with Fleur's and would have impacted on her votes.

Stevi has gone along with the game the whole time, fully aware that he was the joke act with no chance of winning. He was just happy to be there for the publicity.
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OTY have been treated shockingly!
    They've constantly been marginalised to the tweenie market, which isn't their real demographic, and the word "niche" has been drip fed into the public's subconscious alongside the "my kids love you comments".

Their true demographic would have had a substantial cross-over with Fleur's and would have impacted on her votes.

Stevi has gone along with the game the whole time, fully aware that he was the joke act with no chance of winning. He was just happy to be there for the publicity.

No they haven't. They've consistently been complimented and given highly positive feedback from the judges, even on occasions when their vocals have been subpar. We've heard comments about how Mel's kids love them (apparently jumping ship from Stereo Kicks) which has the potential to sway viewers. You only have to compare the reaction to their words mistake last week (or lack of reaction) to the reaction Janet Devlin's got to recognise how well they were treated in comparison to someone who truly was treated shockingly.

Their VTs have been extremely positive too, with their latest one showing them going out and interacting with young children. The teen/young market can be incredibly lucrative. Appealing to the kids is a good way of securing support and votes from their parents and it's something they happily embraced on the show. Even their name, 'Only The Young', embodies that, and it was made clear that they had a lot of input in what they did on the show (something they've confirmed). It was not the show's fault they went down that route. In fact, the production often saved them. We all saw what happened when they just stood there and sang in their sing-off (i.e. a diabolical performance). I should also add that they weren't totally pigeonholed as a kid's act either, with comments about them having a wider appeal too (such as Mel confessing she'd go to their show too).

They've also had a very good running order. In at least half of the live shows, they've performed in the last 3.

It's ironic because these are things people accuse Fleur of too, and it almost seems as though it's one rule for some and another rule for others. The show clearly wanted OTY to stay in the competition but, unlike Fleur, they just weren't popular enough with the public. Her success is down to her own merit (I think OTY's was too, just pointing out the general hypocrisy that exists).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree that Fleur has received favourable treatment on the show since maybe Week 3/4 (like Stereo Kicks, though no-one seems to be pointing out the equally aggressive pimping).

However, I would argue that people must clearly like her based on the performances and she is getting this far (with zero B2 appearances) for that reason mostly. The judges can praise them all they want, but it doesn't always get people voting.

Example: Misha B - praised to the high heavens (aside from the bully comment) yet landed at the bottom 4 times before leaving.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joshNOM wrote: »
    I do agree that Fleur has received favourable treatment on the show since maybe Week 3/4 (like Stereo Kicks, though no-one seems to be pointing out the equally aggressive pimping).

However, I would argue that people must clearly like her based on the performances and she is getting this far (with zero B2 appearances) for that reason mostly. The judges can praise them all they want, but it doesn't always get people voting.

Example: Misha B - praised to the high heavens (aside from the bully comment) yet landed at the bottom 4 times before leaving.

People have indeed pointed the finger at Stereo being PIMPED!
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about whether Fleur would be where she is at the moment and be a favourite to win the show without the infleuence of cowell. I don't mean in terms off mentoring and song choices because they haven't been hugely original choices and not sure how much mentoring he does. I'm talking in terms of influences behind the scenes, running order and particularly his bold comments about her ( potential winner etc). People often tend to buy into what Simon says about an act. Would Fleur be as well regarded with another judge as her mentor? Would simon even regard her a winner? Saying this because I don't think she is good enough to win.

Maybe the judges should swap and then we would find out the answer
    It will never happen but it could be interesting to see what happens.
  • Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    yawn...

Offers nothing to the discussion. Insulting to the OP.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon can't make people vote for Fleur, maybe he is just supporting his act - IN HIS CATEGORY?!

Are people stupid, doesn't Cheryl support Lauren, doesn't Louis support SK? Fleur is Simon's act, of course he is gonna favor her!
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be very happy when Fleur earns a good career after x-factor.

the show is extremely lucky to have someone fresh and a ready-made popstar unless the other acts this year...

next year the same jealous folk will be putting down someone else that outshines their new favourites

can't wait for her favourable slot, set, song choice, vt edit, hairstyle and judges comments next sat! mon the Fleur :)

Deleted
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Deleted

\It really wont make any difference what slot Fleur has because people will vote for her because she is the best all round contestant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the voting lines now open it really doesn't matter what slot contestant are in!!
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant post. Without the influence, without the help, the push she wouldn't be as popular and most likely wouldn't have had the songs she's had.

I'd chosen her as my fave from the first live episode. She stood out, talent does that.

She would have done just as well with Mel or Cheryl...Louis is on another planet.

Lauren also stood out that first live show as someone with so much potential, I'm feeling a bit let down but hoping she turns it round soon. Give her 2 years and she can be a popstar too.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is the chosen one this year and they will do everything they can to make sure she wins but I dont know whether they will or whether the public will sense and see what they are doing.

They are definitely favouring Fleur because she is always one of the last ones performs and this week she will probably be on last if its fair then she should go first as she has never been on first. I dont think she would have got as fan without Simon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    She is the chosen one this year and they will do everything they can to make sure she wins but I dont know whether they will or whether the public will sense and see what they are doing.

They are definitely favouring Fleur because she is always one of the last ones performs and this week she will probably be on last if its fair then she should go first as she has never been on first. I dont think she would have got as fan without Simon

I dont think shes the chosen one at all, I believe its Ben or Stereo boys.

Fleur is a deserving finalist she has proved herself so much! I believe they will push her all the way there coz without her the XF final wil be sooooo boring, you gotta admit she brings so much to the show whether you like her talent or not.

If she was to go all we will we have left is balladiers and people that just stand there and sing omg it drives me mad!!!

In my opinion of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I think most "Fleur fans" are missing the point that all "Non-Fleur fans" are trying to make.......
    This is not a witchhunt to try and discredit her ability or performances etc (in my case anyway). The reason people (I included) are annoyed and feel the need to vent their frustration on these particular threads is we find it unfair that certain acts get preferential treatment in comparison to other acts, acts which other people prefer - how is this fair to the general public?? How should we have Fleur forced upon us like she is some sort of superstar when unlike a lot of posters on here, some don't actually like her and prefer Lauren, Andrea, Ben etc, should fans of those acts not be seeing more of them in VT's, better productions, better time slots??

.....The Fleur fans can reply to this comment with the usual "she is the best so she should be getting the better treatment blah blah blah" if they want yet if you do then you have clearly missed the whole point of my comments!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see another "over" winning this year as we had one last year and I also think Simons acts will get a bit of a backlash from the anti Simon people towards the end.
    It doesn't seem to matter though who wins as the good acts that come out of xfactor tend to do well with out winning.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that you will find that Andrea has been the most favoured so far, but that is okay with people on here, and he will do doubt be last again this Sat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that you will find that Andrea has been the most favoured so far, but that is okay with people on here, and he will do doubt be last again this Sat.

Why has Andrea being favoured I cant see it myself and its not that I dont like Fleur but the way the producers are doing certain things is making me not like her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has Andrea being favoured I cant see it myself and its not that I dont like Fleur but the way the producers are doing certain things is making me not like her

Kinda not her fault though babe, thats the producers, shes just there to fight for her place like all of them, if people want to vote her they will regardless of her productions or her unfair treatment people keep talking about, cant see it myself, thing is time slots arent that important coz of the dynamics of the show now, coz voting lines open at the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda not her fault though babe, thats the producers, shes just there to fight for her place like all of them, if people want to vote her they will regardless of her productions.

I know its not but even if the producers didnt do that I still wouldnt like her as I dont the music she does I am more pop/rock girl myself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not but even if the producers didnt do that I still wouldnt like her as I dont the music she does I am more pop/rock girl myself

Thats fair enough, your personal taste :-)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Simom has been instrumental in her success so far, but mostly because he seems to give her a lot of freedom with song choices and has allowed her to find herself as an artist.
    I think Louis and Mel would have ruined her with dodgy songs. Think Cheryl would have fared quite well with Fleur too though.
    Likewise, I think if Andrea had Simon as his mentor he would probably be still hot favourite to win right now. Mel has ruined him with boring, uninspired ballad after ballad.