Options

Does Lauren deserve to be in the final?

collide101collide101 Posts: 112
Forum Member
I don't think she does. Over the past few years, there have been many better female singers that left earlier or around this stage. I just don't see any individuality in her, but I suppose she plays the game well. Maybe sticking to 'safe' performances is working in her favor, as the public like to root for the plain, inoffensive ones. I think it would be a travesty if she made the final over any of the others.

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope i think

Fleur - smashes it every week

Andrea - the best vocalist

SK - they have improved alot

Ben and Lauren havent improved and are boring just like andrea
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, shes been consistant. I don't find her boring and she's much better than SK.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd say she does. She's not my cup of tea, but she performs well on the whole. The only act I wouldn't want to see in the final is Stereo Kicks.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she does ..I don't think Stereo Kicks or Ben does, but I do think the next 2 weeks are the most important to all the acts as I think the last 5 are so close, I'm not ready to call the final 3 yet as final yet..the two most important weeks has not happened...
  • Options
    Snowyday2Snowyday2 Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Lauren should be in the final
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion she does as I like her style, voice, and as a bonus her image.

And after acts like OTY and Jack leaving do we really need to lose our last remaining singer that doesn't sing loud? Fleur, Ben, Andrea, and Stereo Kicks all sing with big belting vocals and I don't think we need 3 of them 4 in the final personally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final will be between Ben, Fleur and Stereo Dicks because Simon can't lose, as he would take credit for Octogroup anyway.

Lauren has shown she has a voice and does not need this anymore to go away and take a little development time, as did Ella and probably Tamera. She is not ready yet!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,305
    Forum Member
    Yes, Lauren does deserve to be in the final, I really hope both Lauren and Fleur make the finals, the final two even, that would be perfect :D
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,234
    Forum Member
    Yes because she is talented, a great singer, likeable and as I keep being told is getting the votes and has not been bottom 2
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren has to be in the final and has to win
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    No I don't think she does.

She has no star quality for me and has put in average performance after average performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    She's the future Pop star of the show, so of course she should be in the final.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all deserve to be in the final but would say that Lauren, Ben & Fleur deserve to be in the final because they havent been in the bottom 2 yet but would like Stereo Kicks to replace Fleur.

Going by a interview today Simon wants the final to be Ben, Fleur and Lauren but wil he get that I actually wouldnt mind that final its probably my 3rd choice of final
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOZ! wrote: »

???? She has nowhere near the star quality of Ella henderson who is the only act since 1D to achieve worldwide success
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the remaining finalists deserve to be there. Stereo Kicks may perhaps be the exception since they've been in the Bottom 2 more than once, but they've improved quite a lot since then.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

Ben, Andrea and Fleur have been a lot more consistent.

Lauren started off strongly but has seriously gone downhill since her 'Let It Go' performance.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know myself, I'm finding it very difficult to separate the contestants with the exception of Stereo Kicks who I don't rate.

I think all the others offer something which makes it difficult to call.
    It is very early days to be looking at what the bookies think but interestingly Laura is the current bookies favourite to be the next elimination...
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't think she does with the exception of this week she has not really shined she is mediocre at best the problem is little madam thinks she has a given right and got it so to speak I think if she was in bottom 2 she would be dumbfounded.

She can get to the final as long as she isn't the bottom 2.

assuming their is a sing-off in the semi final which in fairness their should not be they are not going to save Lauren over anyone else and I can't see how she can avoid it as she would have to be in the top 2 in the votes.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    FOZ! wrote: »

In a parallel universe perhaps

I hope she and her jazz hand freak of a brother go back to amateur drama shows where they belong
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. She's so boring, i rather watch two flies make love than to listen to her
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur/Lauren/Ben should be the final three in that order tbh.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all of the remaining contestants do except Stereo Kicks.

Stereo Kicks have basically been dragged to this stage through OTT praise and constant late slots despite not delivering above average performances. Their lack of popularity at the beginning was blamed on Louis "not knowing what to do" with them. They've only been put together with one sole purpose in mind - exploiting teenage girls to get chart success. There is nothing authentic or individual about them - fair enough you could use that against One Direction and Little Mix but they soon found their identities and all had great chemistry from one of the early live shows. Stereo Kicks still seem like 8 soloists latching onto a chance of being famous.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. She's been consistently good, and has changed it up a little bit from her preferred ballad style couple of times (Dark Horse and How Will I Know). I don't think Ben deserves it because he's been weak when he hasn't done rock songs aside from maybe Man In the Mirrror in my opinion and I just feel like if he looked like Stevi for example then he'd not have reached this point... But as much as I dislike him, I'd say he deserves if more than SK probably. They've been pimped up to high heavens and just because Let It Be was a bit of a turning point for them they just seem to sing ballad after ballad, led by James (I think that's his name, that's another problem I still can't distinguish them aside from Jake who comes from my area) because he's the only really strong vocalist.

I'd say Fleur/Lauren/Andrea, but the latter is guilty of half of SK's problem. He's mostly done boring ballads.... I guess it's the same for Lauren but I'm biased as I love her, and at least they still seem modern, Andrea sings dated diva ballads and SK feel like Westlife half of the time. Fleur and Lauren are basically "what this show is all about!1!1!1" as Louis would say, but especially Fleur. This isn't The Voice... You obviously need to have a decent voice, but it don't believe it's the strongest voice (that's Andrea without a doubt) who should win. Whoever has the whole package should win, and that's Fleur. Decent voice (not Leona Lewis level or anything but not everyone has to be), perfect image, she can dance/perform excellently and most importantly she's modern. Lauren fits the bill somewhat too, people say she's boring but she has the image nailed and has a contemporary sound imo.