Options

Is Frankie getting more popular?

EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
Forum Member
✭✭
Looking on Twitter last night there were quite a few people, apart from the usual ridiculous fangirls, saying they were beginning to really like Frankie. I’ve seen him rise up the rankings a bit on here as well with a few people saying he’s turned out to be a great housemate, funny banter, endearing etc.

I’ve clearly missed something. I’ve watched the daily highlights and skimmed through BBOTS (or whatever it’s called) and kept an eye on the DS stories and Big Brother official Twitter. I haven’t seen any footage that has remotely made me change my opinion that he’s a repulsive, foul-mouthed waste of space. All I’ve seen recently is him sitting in the hot tub talking about shitting himself on stage, in the hot tub wondering whether he could “suck himself off”, going on about sitting in his garage, having a major sense of humour failure when he was the subject of any pranks and not uttering a single sentence without swearing.

Just wondered if those of you who are changing your minds about him could point me in the direction of the footage that sent you on your way to a positive impression as I’m genuinely baffled.

Comments

• Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    That's quite a shock as TBH I thought he was getting even more disliked than he was before he went in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, me too. But then last night there were a lot of tweets saying "I shouldn't like him but he's growing on me" and the same sort of sentiment in the thread on here about ranking the housemates.

Baffling. For me he has just confirmed every preconception I had.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Looking on Twitter last night there were quite a few people, apart from the usual ridiculous fangirls, saying they were beginning to really like Frankie. I’ve seen him rise up the rankings a bit on here as well with a few people saying he’s turned out to be a great housemate, funny banter, endearing etc.

I’ve clearly missed something. I’ve watched the daily highlights and skimmed through BBOTS (or whatever it’s called) and kept an eye on the DS stories and Big Brother official Twitter. I haven’t seen any footage that has remotely made me change my opinion that he’s a repulsive, foul-mouthed waste of space. All I’ve seen recently is him sitting in the hot tub talking about shitting himself on stage, in the hot tub wondering whether he could “suck himself off”, going on about sitting in his garage, having a major sense of humour failure when he was the subject of any pranks and not uttering a single sentence without swearing.

Just wondered if those of you who are changing your minds about him could point me in the direction of the footage that sent you on your way to a positive impression as I’m genuinely baffled.

BIB - Just wondering - is that how I am seen? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That scene with Michael last night was great. Really changed my opinion of him. He was so sweet the way he reacted to Michael telling him he would visit the garage.
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's because he hasn't sung, yet? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Flabby Frank, the know nothing twerp.

When he's onscreen, my missus goes "eww" in a way normally reserved for past-it rock stars, not teenage ones. After this we'll never see him again, it'll be back to the garage and then onward unto estate agency.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not yet decided. I don't like the way he talks about women and sex. He is very immature but sometimes we get a glimpse of someone who could be quite a nice guy underneath. The jury's still out for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Flabby Frank, the know nothing twerp.

When he's onscreen, my missus goes "eww" in a way normally reserved for past-it rock stars, not teenage ones. After this we'll never see him again, it'll be back to the garage and then onward unto estate agency.

:D:D

Not sure about Estate Agency, I wouldn't buy tarmac from him, let alone a house!
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I've never disliked Frankie - he's just a silly immature boy who was led to believe he was a 'star' by the XF machine. He's somewhat sex obsessed but then he's 18/19.

I hope his stay on BB doesn't generate more hate for him so hopefully he can change people's perceptions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amelie74 wrote: »
    I've never disliked Frankie - he's just a silly immature boy who was led to believe he was a 'star' by the XF machine. He's somewhat sex obsessed but then he's 18/19.

I hope his stay on BB doesn't generate more hate for him so hopefully he can change people's perceptions.

I don't see how he can change people's perceptions as these are based on his personality and nothing he has done on Big Brother so far has done anything to suggest we were given a false impression during his time on X Factor.

I don't accept "he's 18" as justification for him being obsessed with sex. And to be honest it's not the sex obsession that bothers me. It's the total lack of respect for women and repulsive behaviour and language.

I have no problem with swearing, banter, boozing ... but he offeres absolutely nothing else. The lad is a complete idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's the total lack of respect for women and repulsive behaviour and language.
    Which the likes of Georgia and the twins respond to with subservient giggling and "Oh you" and "That's so funny", and then complain about it to each other later in private, rather than complaining at the time. If they complained at the time the lads would stop it, don't you think?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Which the likes of Georgia and the twins respond to with subservient giggling and "Oh you" and "That's so funny", and then complain about it to each other later in private, rather than complaining at the time. If they complained at the time the lads would stop it, don't you think?

No I don't think they would at all if anything with those two I think they would do it even more
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There no point trying to rationalise with some of the female forum members here. It's just the mob hypocrisy and bitchiness of the BB forum. Trying to blame others for your own sexual needs and display is kind of pathetic, but that's the psychology I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No I don't think they would at all if anything with those two I think they would do it even more
    Nah, c'mon, the puppydogs' tails would go straight down between the legs.
  • Options
    Cult of Z-ListCult of Z-List Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member

BIB. Add to those telling ludicrous tales of sexual exploits, farting and shaving your intimate orifices and you have Jay. And he was, and still is, loved on twitter as well. Maybe twitter just attracts the kind of people who will gravitate to Frankie and Jay?
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    The sad thing about Frankie is he doesn't seem very passionate about his music. He seems more interested in having the lifestyle that can go along with having a succcessful music career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Disnae wrote: »
    The sad thing about Frankie is he doesn't seem very passionate about his music.

That's a relief, surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Disnae wrote: »
    The sad thing about Frankie is he doesn't seem very passionate about his music.

Why should he be ? - no one else is.