Anyone else dislike the heat/sun?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    i currently have a temperature of 29.1c in my bedroom. does anyone have higher?

Me probably. I've got all my windows closed because some maniac has their coal fire going and it's stinking my house out.
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bedroom is like a sauna, should be fun trying to get to sleep.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    It's only been a couple of days and I'm already sick of it. lol
    I seem to have little patience and am quick to anger aswell. Whenever my computer falters I can usually give it a few minutes before I get mad, now I can barely last a few seconds before I smash the keyboard and yell some abuse at it.

Maybe it's because last night I was still awake at 5am. :mad:
  • Donk25Donk25 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only been a couple of days and I'm already sick of it. lol
    I seem to have little patience and am quick to anger aswell. Whenever my computer falters I can usually give it a few minutes before I get mad, now I can barely last a few seconds before I smash the keyboard and yell some abuse at it.

Maybe it's because last night I was still awake at 5am. :mad:

I quite like the hot Sunny weather in the daytime but I cannot stand the hot nights trying to sleep is just awful even with the air cooler and fan on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me probably. I've got all my windows closed because some maniac has their coal fire going and it's stinking my house out.

I've got my little window open but my big one is closed because I've got a really bad phobia of insects. I'm so hot. This is miserable. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    We always complain when it is hot or cold. This is what we are famous for. :)
  • Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My top tip for cooling down before going to sleep is to soak the back of my wrists with cold water from the tap.Pat wet wrists with towel & have a better nights sleep !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We always complain when it is hot or cold. This is what we are famous for. :)

True! Some of us are never really satisfied. :D But given the choice I would rather be cold, because it's so much easier to warm up than it is to cool down.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Anyone else dislike the heat/sun?

Me too. Who else would like to spen the summer in Iceland? The high was 12*C today: http://www.mbl.is/frettir/vedur/ :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of hot weather, I usually find sleep becomes almost impossible, constantly thirsty and just generally irritable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a sticky one tonight that's for sure. Most unpleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    It's a sticky one tonight that's for sure. Most unpleasant.

Exactly what I said to my gfirlfriend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Exactly what I said to my gfirlfriend.

Sorry, she said you don't usually use the tradesmans entrance so you'd never know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't sleep at all during the night. I tried to briefly but it didn't take me long to give up.

Thank God that I don't have anything I need to do today!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a housewife now, but used to work in a hospital laundry. Where there were giant tumble dryers and all steam dollies. During the summer it was not only unbearable, but inhuman. They had a shower in one of the cubicle, but no-one used it.
    Imagine welding in this weather. I would think that any job without airconditioning would not be very pleasant (office job)
  • QofShebaQofSheba Posts: 43,330
    Forum Member
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    I am a housewife now, but used to work in a hospital laundry. Where there were giant tumble dryers and all steam dollies. During the summer it was not only unbearable, but inhuman. They had a shower in one of the cubicle, but no-one used it.
    Imagine welding in this weather. I would think that any job without airconditioning would not be very pleasant (office job)

Dry cleaners, bakeries etc, good jobs for the winter but not so much in this heat. Summer is my least favourite of the seasons. :(
  • JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    would take the warmth any day, its so relaxing that you can just wear a tshirt in the house or outside and not have to think about putting layers of clothes on or the heating inside and draught excluders up at the door etc
  • Nard DogNard Dog Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last night was hotter than a snakes ass in a wagon rut
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the sun, but I'm not a huge fan of the heat. I don't mind it on holiday of course, but considering I have to get a train into London and back everyday, it's not fun!
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its great but too many days in a row is overkill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galaxy99 wrote: »

I remember on another board, during the summer heatwave of 2006 which is the hottest weather I personally know of in my lifetime, a woman who worked in a chip shop was complaining that it STILL wasn't hot enough for her. I think SHE was in human! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's suddenly cooled down during the last hour and there's quite a breeze coming in. It's WONDERFUL.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    personally I love it, 21 is the best tempature, beautiful nature
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it love it LOVE IT probably something to do with being a life long biker,
    I HATE winter, I dread it's coming every year, Dark cold dull grey short days long cold nights, YUK,

Having said that, I always remember 'old people' when I was young complaining that sometimes on hot days they get 'short of breath' I think I may have had my first experience of that the other day when out with the dog, I'm only 59, that's not old!!!
    I blame the ****, I never had any problems until I gave them up 5 months ago,
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wind seems to have picked up quite a bit now in East London, still clear skys and sunny though.