Rue Mchalanan

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Golden Girls actress, who won a well deserved Emmy passed away a few years ago. She was a collector and held sentimental things of most things like us all.

I don't know who's set this up, but its thought to be with Rue's prior permission, who said that the family could have all they wanted and the rest could be auctioned off.

First question, who's the money going to?

Second question, i mean i don't mind a few sentimental things that Golden Girls fans would want like some wardrobe items and signed scripts etc, but that site contains passports, bank statements, cancelled cheques, medication bottles, driving licenses etc - it just seems a step so far..I cannot help think that this wasn't what Rue probably wanted - she probably was happy for a few things to be auctioned off. If the family are benefiting from this...i am really surprised most people in Hollywood i'm sure as was Rue will have been quite wealthy never mind what they spent, the Golden Girls all had big salaries near the end of the series.

Third question, The Emmy award is up for sale at 1 Million dollars. First of all thats ambitious. Second of all i am stunned not one member of her family wanted that!? You'd expect them to be fighting over that, it's one of her biggest achievements and represents the peak of her career and they'd rather sell it for a ridiculous amount?

http://estateofrue.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWtRVJv_T8g

Betty's reaction that personal letters between her and Rue are part of it is shocking, its seems abit of a sale to Betty...Betty seems abit awkward and shocked at some stages. Notably the letters did not go for sale - i'm sure Betty will have had that stopped.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting. Its a shame they couldnt have a mini Golden Girls museum in Miami instead. Im sure a lot of tourists would go, I would. :(
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Golden Girls actress, who won a well deserved Emmy passed away a few years ago. She was a collector and held sentimental things of most things like us all.

I don't know who's set this up, but its thought to be with Rue's prior permission, who said that the family could have all they wanted and the rest could be auctioned off.

First question, who's the money going to?

Second question, i mean i don't mind a few sentimental things that Golden Girls fans would want like some wardrobe items and signed scripts etc, but that site contains passports, bank statements, cancelled cheques, medication bottles, driving licenses etc - it just seems a step so far..I cannot help think that this wasn't what Rue probably wanted - she probably was happy for a few things to be auctioned off. If the family are benefiting from this...i am really surprised most people in Hollywood i'm sure as was Rue will have been quite wealthy never mind what they spent, the Golden Girls all had big salaries near the end of the series.

http://estateofrue.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWtRVJv_T8g

Betty's reaction that personal letters between her and Rue are part of it is shocking, its seems abit of a sale to Betty...Betty seems abit awkward and shocked at some stages. Notably the letters did not go for sale - i'm sure Betty will have had that stopped.

As I understand it from that video, the auction items are going to the 23 animal charities Rue supported. (That auctioneer is painful to watch.)

I don't know, it's down to Rue and what she wanted. If her family have the personal bits they wanted, then why not? They're only things after all, and if the proceeds are going to good causes, surely a good thing.

But I do agree re the personal letters.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally understand it's not my place to say any of this but i have to add some ammendments to my first post. I am not 100% sure but i thought what he said was that her will had 23 benefercies (sp) 12 animal charities within that. Her son took what he wanted and the rest is being auctioned off. So i don't know for sure, but if it was i'd expect that to be written on the website and it isn't.

The Emmy i thought was for sale isn't so fair enough. But lots of proud things like Nomination certificates for Golden Globes and Emmy's are. That is ridiculous. None of the family care enough to keep or file those away.

The most awfulest thing i think this is really wrong.
    Theyre selling her address book.
    This contains telephone numbers of all her relatives and friends and addresses.
    They point out themselves that Betty White's telephone and address is still active!
    they've set the price at $2,500

How wrong is that. Poor Betty White!

I now think she had a very enstranged family who saw Rue's fame as an oppurtunity - thats my opinion.
    http://estateofrue.com/catalog/rues-address-book/
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's terrible Rue's things are being sold like this I certainly wouldn't sell her address book it doesn't seem right.

The sad truth is when we die all that's left is stuff that will be sold or end up in the trash as if we were never here it's the sad reality of life.