The Ratings Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• XIVXIV Posts: 21,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Channel 5 Final Schedule w/c 1st June

Sun 2 June - 9pm: Movie Premiere: The Switch (2010)
    Mon 3 June - 9pm: Why Did Oscar Pistorius Kill Our Daughter? (New)
    Mon 3 June - 10pm: Pistorius Trial: The Key Questions (New)
    Thu 6 June - 9pm: Coma (Feature-Length Premiere)
    Fri 7 June - from 9pm: Scary Flight Night

As expected, no sign of Big Brother just yet. Well, except the dubious filler on Friday.

Scary Flight Night I imagine is a themed night like they have on Friday with the wedding doc and Made of Honour.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    I will be honest these X factor changes won't get me watching I haven't watched it properly since 2010 unless cowell returns the show will continue to loose viewers X factor actually does need cowell bgt can manage without cowell I think I'm much more looking forward to big brother this year with all these changes something I'm not excited about with the X factor :)

Is your keyboard broken?

Judging by your posts you are hard to please.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Sharon Osbourne has obviously been brought back to have has many fights with the other judges as possible and create lots of 'drama' that will guarantee the show media coverage. :rolleyes::yawn: She's a Cowell veteran who will do as she's told and milk it all for all its worth - and, unlike Tulisa, the woman who makes Cheryl Cole look like Kate Bush, she doesn't have to pretend that she can sing or wants a career in music.

She's already talking about throwing water over Louis Walsh.:yawn:

I'm not sure that sort of contrived headline-grabbing is the way to reverse the fall In ratings cos I would have thought the people who've switched off are the ones who've grown bored of that sort of thing. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the people who've switched off switched off cos they thought there weren't enough rows, fights and carefully-scripted walk-outs.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Maybe the people who've switched off switched off cos they thought there weren't enough rows, fights and carefully-scripted walk-outs.

You know what? People say one thing, but really mean another. All the earnest, deadly dullfest posters who spend their time pompously praising scripted dramas here, secretly lust after a bit of X Factor panto.
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if BBC3 know that the agressive marketing of Sweat The Small Stuff is turning people away?

Grimshaw is a ****. He is not funny, appeals to teenagers and needs a haircut. I am confident that the two Eurovision semis beat him?
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if BBC3 know that the agressive marketing of Sweat The Small Stuff is turning people away?

Grimshaw is a ****. He is not funny, appeals to teenagers and needs a haircut. I am confident that the two Eurovision semis beat him?
    Isn't part of the point of BBC3 to appeal to teenagers?
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    Isn't part of the point of BBC3 to appeal to teenagers?

Yeah but giving people who are flavour of the month shows is not the way. I guess some of us are too old for BBC3, and I am 28!

The only good shows are Russell Howard, Family Guy, American Dad and Pramface. I also liked Some Girls, Cuckoo and Bad Education

That the Call Centre....really? Why not something funny than some real life tosh?
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    You know what? People say one thing, but really mean another. All the earnest, deadly dullfest posters who spend their time pompously praising scripted dramas here, secretly lust after a bit of X Factor panto.

Is this you admitting you hate itv and love the BBC?:D
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Is your keyboard broken?

Judging by your posts you are hard to please.

Nope I'm just hard to please :) these changes mean nothing to me fully expecting X factor ratings to fall further with this news happy about the big brother new look through should be a great series with proper changes in place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the normal big brother break the 2m mark this series on channel 5 have a great feeling it will do very well:)
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    She's already talking about throwing water over Louis Walsh.:yawn:

I'm not sure that sort of contrived headline-grabbing is the way to reverse the fall In ratings cos I would have thought the people who've switched off are the ones who've grown bored of that sort of thing. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the people who've switched off switched off cos they thought there weren't enough rows, fights and carefully-scripted walk-outs.

Deckchairs and Titanic come to mind now. TXF is clearly in decline and no doubt some scripted stunts to keep the redtops interested will occur. When that fails, Fincham will probably announce its cancellation early next year as he seems to have more sense than his predecessors in knowing when shows are past their best( see DOI).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for a new thread sick of all the soap ratings talk surely that can be discussed on the soap ratings section:(
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Deckchairs and Titanic come to mind now. TXF is clearly in decline and no doubt some scripted stunts to keep the redtops interested will occur. When that fails, Fincham will probably announce its cancellation early next year as he seems to have more sense than his predecessors in knowing when shows are past their best( see DOI).

Thank you, iaindb, for confirming my suspicions. I'm sure the histrionics will be turned up to 'TEN' throughout. :rolleyes::yawn::sleep:

I can't quite buy Fincham ending the show yet, however, Yes, its ratings may be down, but it's still a long way from what happened to DOI. Plus ITV may be stronger now than it was, but its two biggest entertainment titles remain Cowell productions, and it's not like it has any replacements lined up yet (I can't see how the Strictly rip-off is going to step into TXF's shoes). So, much as I'd love to see the end of Cowell's presence on ITV, I fear we may be some way off that point.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Grimshaw appeals to teenagers

No he doesn't. I'm a teenager (well, 18) and I can't stand the bloke.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Thank you, iaindb, for confirming my suspicions. I'm sure the histrionics will be turned up to 'TEN' throughout. :rolleyes::yawn::sleep:

I can't quite buy Fincham ending the show yet, however, Yes, its ratings may be down, but it's still a long way from what happened to DOI. Plus ITV may be stronger now than it was, but its two biggest entertainment titles remain Cowell productions, and it's not like it has any replacements lined up yet (I can't see how the Strictly rip-off is going to step into TXF's shoes). So, much as I'd love to see the end of Cowell's presence on ITV, I fear we may be some way off that point.

Its only GlennA. Dont take it too seriously!
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Its only GlennA. Dont take it too seriously!
    Tad harsh George!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »

I can't see it being cancelled anytime soon. The main thing this year now is to try and stem to decline and make sure the y-o-y comparisons are more palatable than last year. I think it can be done, although then again I didn't think the show would drop as significantly last year.

The good thing about Mrs O is that she will generate interest for the launch episode - there was absolutely no buzz last year which meant the show started low and didn't really stand a chance - whereas with Sharon coupled with the changes to the format it might convince more people to at least tune in for the first episode.

I also hope they delay the launch until September and have the Saturday/Sunday double scheduling from the start - I never got the August launch and this year, more than ever, I think they need to hold it back for a few weeks.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I think that is the main reason why he's back, and he is clearly popular. Plus, I suspect we might see Cowell back on the panel for the series after anyway, as with Dancing on Ice gone I think ITV might go for a shift to November-March in 2014. Although there is a distinct chance that the US version could face the chop anyway after the series if the current ratings trajectory isn't slowed down, and in that case ITV wouldn't even need to bother moving it.

All that means that there is little point in finding somebody new if Cowell is probably going to be back the next year anyway. Plus I don't think Gary is that bad. He can be dull but with three lively personalities around him (instead of the soul-destroyingly miserable Tulisa) it should be OK. They should move him back to the end of the desk so the other 3 can bounce off each other better.

Separately would be my guess, although they ought to advertise both from the outset. My guess is that the arena stage acts as a kind of replacement for bootcamp, with judges houses changed a bit, perhaps to incorporate two stages, afterwards. I like the sound of the new process although I hope the set in the audition rooms is a bit nicer than it was last time the auditions were done in that way. They really ought to change the live shows up a bit as well, with better and more 'event' like themes, a new set with new lighting etc. Just stuff that makes it look and seem a bit fresher basically.

Somehow I think we will have speculation overload regarding ITV and the possibilities following the demise of DOI in the coming year.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Somehow I think we will have speculation overload regarding ITV and the possibilities following the demise of DOI in the coming year.

This is an interesting point actually.

X Factor renewal negotiations are coming up soon. Dancing on Ice will bow out next series. I wonder...
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but giving people who are flavour of the month shows is not the way. I guess some of us are too old for BBC3, and I am 28!

The only good shows are Russell Howard, Family Guy, American Dad and Pramface. I also liked Some Girls, Cuckoo and Bad Education

That the Call Centre....really? Why not something funny than some real life tosh?

Lol if you are too old at 28 I will have to remove the BBC3 button from my remote :D
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Woolwich murder possibly terrorist-linked, may be changes tonight for News Specials.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    XFactor uk lineup is confirmed. Sharon osbourne is back: http://xfactor.itv.com/2012/articles/x-factor-insider/read_the-x-factor-returns-with-an-all-star-panel_item_100289.htm

Bad decision imo because she is not a family friendly type of person and i can see lots of people being put off by her antics. Remember, the ratings went up considerably AFTER she left the show. They shouldve got a new judge instead of bringing back an old one, someone who with a nice warm personality to change XFs negative vibe to a positive one.

As Barry Davies immortally once said: "And frankly, who cares?"

:yawn:
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what The Valleys got last night?

Thanks.

Also if you have the last few weeks figures as a comparison aswell, that would be great!
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Broadchurch appealed to various folk for various reasons. Some said they watched it for the stunning Dorset coastline. They would have been better watching Coast repeats on BBC2.

Ultimately, it was another murdered child whodunit. A good, well made one, which was hyped to the hilt, had a strong cast, and a rapturous press.

The Fall is shaping up to be an outstanding and compelling drama, gritty, dark, harrowing - not a cosy pipe and slippers soapy yarn like Broafchurch.

that's why, in the serious awards, The Fall should clean up. But Broadchurch will no doubt sweep the board at the more plebeian awards like the ITVTAs (aka NTAs)

You say that but others have a different view of course. I loved Broadchurch because, as you say yourself, it was good, well made and a strong cast. I think The Fall is trying to hard to imitate Scandinavian dramas and failing badly. Most of the characters are so boring I couldn't care less what happens to them and that is partly down to the actors in the lead roles imo, they're not bringing any interest to their characters.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Barry Davies immortally once said: "And frankly, who cares?"

:yawn:

And just to balance it out a bit (even if I am not a fan of the X Factor) he also said once said "You've got to say that's magnificent!" :D

I'm surprised no pro XFactor person posted that!

Ken
This discussion has been closed.