Options

The Wire expires end of this month

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sky are currently advertising that every episode of the wire is available to watch on demand, yet they will no longer be at the end of this month, do sky expect you to watch every episode by then?

Maybe I misread the ad.

Comments

• Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it can be hard to see every season of a show in a month, but in this particular case, when these episodes are downloaded, the expiry date is removed.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    How much longer is on the HBO deal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I'm downloading them all.

I have some of the bonds downloaded and they still play even though no longer available on demand.
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    How much longer is on the HBO deal?

Nobody knows for sure. It was announced 3 years ago as a "multi-year deal".

The Guardian reported at the time that it was "thought to be" for 5 years. Plenty of time left to catch up with The Wire :).

They have been doing this with a lot of their HBO stuff. Each time the Sopranos has appeared on On Demand (and I make it 4 separate times already) they make all 6 seasons available at the same time.

I wouldn't mind so much if they told us what was going to happen but no doubt The Wire will be appearing en bloc again .... and again.....and again :D.

Personally I prefer to catch up with this series at the much slower weekly pace of the repeats on Sky Atlantic.