If Digital Spy was around in the seventies

Comments

• Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that Betamax is more reliable and has better picture quality than VHS?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got any bottle tops for blue Peter?

Who's got a blue Peter badge?
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Man utd& spursin 2nd divsion (championship) yes kids this did happen ;-)
    Gary glitter on totp and every teenage girls dream :o
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think the prettiest team always wins on It's A Knockout?
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Just imagine what threads would come up:
    Is BBC 2 just for posh people?
    Is buying or renting better idea for a colour television?
    I think Opportunity Knocks is rigged
    Why are the ITV technicians on strike when they earn so much?
    Do you prefer Granada to ATV?
    and why is there only three channels

And do you live in an overlap area that lets you watch different itv stations
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel on the television do I use to tune in my new VCR?
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't get banned so often for sexist remarks and swearing.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I wish someone would invent a Saturday night TV show set in a fictional village manor where Noel Edmonds gunges people.
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who? Oh, the guy on Radio 1. No, he won't get on primetime telly with his beard... Get Brucie to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen that Helen Mirren documentary, and that girl in the Nimble advert.
    Lovely girls.
    I wonder if they'll age well?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There would certainly have been threads about football commentators and motor racing.....
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you swap or sell your home made compilation tapes? [Thread deleted by mods due to discussion of illegal activities]

Grease appreciation thread.

A friend's dad has bought something called an Apple. Has anyone heard of this? Apparently it is very ugly.
  • fedmanfedman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the first episode of World at War last night, will it ever be shown again?
  • 10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do BBC and ITV broadcast the FA Cup final using separate cameras?
    That Jim'll Fix It guy. What a great guy.
    Mike Yarwood and The Two Ronnies, why are they so $hit.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do BBC and ITV broadcast the FA Cup final using separate cameras?
    That Jim'll Fix It guy. What a great guy.
    Mike Yarwood and The Two Ronnies, why are they so $hit.

Most of the cameras at Wembley are actually side by side but they share the one at the top of the steps up to the Royal box.
    Strange as it may seem there will come a time when both channels do not show the game simultaneously......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just had the misfortune to have to sit through a whole episode of Q. How on earth did the BBC commission a second series.
    Thank goodness there won't be any more, and that apalling Milligan person can disappear into well deserved obscurity.

BTW - he looked ill. I told you.
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    What a load of manufactured, commercial bollocks in the music charts right now. The days of The Beatles are long gone and all this "glam rock" nonsense with their silly haircuts and make-up that appeals to no one over the age of about 14 is in.

None of this will be remembered in even five years time, whereas you bet Radio 1 will still be playing the likes of Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley in decades to come.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie philbin ....... corrrrrr !

does the half second pause on 8 track cartridges drive u up the wall ?

will daily polishing of my lovely teak wooden music centre cause wow and flutter ?

dolby. on or off ?

the bbc radio wavelength changes explained. we have stickers to put on your dial. please state whether your wireless receiver is philips, bush, murphy, pye, ferguson, or that new fangled sonny transistorised rubbish ......
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Saturday TV at the moment. Rolfs Cartoon Time in the afternoon. Then settle down with dinner to watch Jim'll fix it. That Jimmy Savile is so good to the children on the show. And after that time for Its a Knockout. That Stuart Hall is brilliant. Best night on the telly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its all sean connery on film 71 tonight as phillip jenkinson reviews diamonds are forever and the anderson tapes ........

... but now its tony hart and Vision On. for deaf people who like xylophone music. advice for mums: nervous children should close their eyes when Morph appears or theyll be looking under the bed all night and you wont get any sleep .....

..... later its the very tasteful black and white minstrels going "doo dah doo dah all day long" and a mildly amusing comic sketch from leslie crowther ......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonights play for today is a topical social drama about a northerner who goes to london for a short holiday and dies there because he wears a flat cap and nobody can understand anything he says .......

.... but now its the magic roundabout. best watched after taking your favourite hallucinogen ........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... in tomorrows world tonight, raymond baxter shows the jetpack we'll all be using to get to work in 1980, james burke talks gibberish, and judith hann sees just how weirdly she can dress before she is taken off the air .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dear ds: reducing stereo radio hiss. can i put a 492 element fm aerial on my house without the chimney collapsing and falling through the roof, or should i move house and live closer to the transmitter instead ?
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Digital Spy have all those annoying adverts for Sony Walkman and Sinclair C5s?
  • wirelessonewirelessone Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Will there ever be a TV set that takes less than 10 seconds to warm up?

Do you think Radio 1 will ever broadcast for 18 Hours a day?

Do you think anyone will ever remember these lousy Public Information Films in years to come?