What do you think future generations will find amusing about us?

BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For example people used to believe that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

What things that we believe in do you think will be disproved in the future?

Comments

• ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    The fact that we used up all their resources and pissed all over their climate.

LOL!!!

Or maybe not.

But seriously, I think they'll resent us.
  • Katana1000Katana1000 Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For example people used to believe that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

What things that we believe in do you think will be disproved in the future?

Celebrity worshipping, be it royals, actors or worse those celebs who I've never heard of who go on that celeb big brother show or that i'm a celeb get me outta here .... arghhh, why do we grovel so, why do we put others life's above our own?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL!!!

Or maybe not.

You are right, we are doing this and future generations are bound to look back at how selfish we are collectively.
  • ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL!!!

Or maybe not.

But seriously, I think they'll resent us.

Unless by that time, they find and are using alternative energy sources. Then they will laugh at us for using and fighting over a black liquid that we had to dig for.
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I think they would laugh at:

- our cult of celebrity
    - our obsession with the new and shiny
    - our complete shortsightedness on things like energy and civil rights

... of course when I say laugh, I probably mean despair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ubanjod wrote: »
    Unless by that time, they find and are using alternative energy sources..

I think they will have to :p
  • GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our music, haircuts and clothes.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    ubanjod wrote: »
    Unless by that time, they find and are using alternative energy sources. Then they will laugh at us for using and fighting over a black liquid that we had to dig for.
    lol, yeah, good one :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Spending endless time on comunication devices wondering what people think or interested in you on facebook
  • Anne DroydAnne Droyd Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smoking
    driving cars
    internet
    phones
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that we could live without Hajahamerburgs
  • OleSmokeyOleSmokey Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about this the other day, how the 2000s will be looked upon in the coming decades....

Our stupidity in celebrity worship
    How bland and unimaginative the music was.
    How annoying the middle east was
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    how people reacted when Diana died

facebook
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    religion and the pointless suffering it causes ( ok they won't laugh but will be shocked at the blatant disregard for life there seems to be )
  • JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    war and all the pointless suffering it causes

they will be baffled that we ever showed so much repsect to people that wielded machine guns and shot and killed people they have never even met in ' theatres of war' started by their governments.

they will be baffled by the respect we as a society gave to military men of violence who drop bombs on 'targets' that cause the death of innocent people. Some of us call them heroes i believe

thats only if future man wakes up;)
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Religion is already dying a slow death so I imagine one day in the far future that no one will believe in religion anymore; or at least very few will, and people won't understand the wars and killing that religion has caused.

There's no such thing as god and the fact that people will kill each other for their god makes no sense to me.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graathus wrote: »
    Our music, haircuts and clothes.
    Those things tend to be most mocked in the decade or two after they go out of fashion. After that, they become 'retro' chic or quaint.

Future generations won't find our fashions nearly as amusing as we will in just a few years.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Trousers hanging down below undies.
    Chav "style".
    Music from this era.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    programmes like TOWIE & my big fat gypsy wedding etc surly a future WTF moment
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same things as we find amusing about previous generations for:

Fashions
    Entertainment preferences
    Standard of medical treatment
    Lack of speed/reliability of transport
    Primitive methods of communication
    Primitive weaponry
    etc
  • xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that we belived that the world was going to end in 2012 and there they are alive. in 2099 lol ;D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I look back at previous generations, I don't find anything particularly amusing about them.

I think the length of time we're discussing is important.

Nothing much will change, but people will baulk at the paultry computer speeds (processors, memory, internet) in 2012. They'll also find it amazing that houses needed loads of shelves to store their films, games, books when a small, compact hard drive will suffice. People will still worship false idols. Governments will continue to balls things up.

People will start to curse the Governments from 2012 for doing very little to prevent the use of fossil fuels. They'll be blamed for high fuel taxes as real alternatives to fossil fuels start to blossom. People will still worship false idols. Governments will continue to balls things up.

People will wonder what all the enery crisis was about - they'll be amazed at how those in 2012 survived with just oil, coal and gas. I mean, most homes has solar-panels now. People will still worship false idols. Governments will continue to balls things up.

|
    |
    v

We become history. We become part of the curriculum. People will study us. Not much amusement will be had from it. People will research us and will write dissertations on us. Our past becomes trivial pub quiz questions like "Which film was the last to be released on Blu-ray?" and "Which year was The Fossil Fuel Alliance" formed?

Oh, and people will still worship false idols. Governments will still continue to balls things up.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Facebook
    Celebrity worship
    Reality TV
    Overreaction to Jeremy Clarkson
    Political correctness
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having to use glasses/goggles to watch 3D.
    Having clothes that needed ironing.