Prescription Drugs on the Net?

shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
Forum Member
I am very desperate to conceive.

I have a child by my ex husband and am with another partner, and have been for years. for five years we have been trying for a baby, which all has yielded is one miscarriage

my son was an ivf baby, for various reasons I cannot obtain nhs funding for ivf treatment, and private treatment isnt an option

in my desperation I have started looking at clomiphene (an ovulation drug) on 'buy drugs on line' sites

has anyone any experience of buying similar drugs on line, or know anyone who has?

Comments

• BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    I think it is extremely foolish to take prescription drugs without being prescribed them and having medical advice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOOOOOO. I beg you not to do this. A high percentage of internet drugs contain no active ingredients and some even contain very very harmful ingredients. The crooks have no scruples whatsoever and even cancer drugs have been sold that are totally fake. I saw a figure the other day that the fake drugs market is worth an estimated $750 billion. They have even reported loads of deaths in India recently from fake heart drugs.

The crooks exploit people who are desperate and this is the very sort of drug that is prime for exploitation. I have been doing some research on this for work in recent months and have been truly horrified by what medical studies have discovered. Many of these fake drugs are supplied by highly organised criminal gangs and they have even been discovered in legitimate supply chains in the UK. There was a case a few years ago when fake prostate cancer drugs were discovered in pharmacies.

If you need help and support you must go to your GP as there is no other option.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    my GP isnt helpful or supportive really

i suppose I am being very irrational, but its in my head all hours, every day and when I lie awake at night

i just dont know what to do, and i guess am looking at stupid things in desperation.

sorry, shouldnt have made the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »

i suppose I am being very irrational, but its in my head all hours, every day and when I lie awake at night

i just dont know what to do, and i guess am looking at stupid things in desperation.

I have been in your position so I understand, but this is just not the answer. Just to put the issue in context.

A study carried out by the European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines found that 62% of medicines ordered on the internet were substandard or counterfeit. Of these, 68% were unlicensed imitations and the rest were counterfeit branded medicines. The study also found that 90% of sites did not require a prescription for prescription only drugs.

Scary stuff.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go ahead and buy online for a bargain, it may be the best thing you ever do...

...or the worst mistake that kills you.

With no regulation and impossible to see the conditions the drug came from, you could be buying from a medical lab with stringent controls and regulation. You could also be buying from someone with no medical qualifications looking to make money as easily as possible filling capsules or making tablets with whatever powder they can obtain cheapest which hopefully won't kill you. Talcum powder is a favourite as it compounds well to tablet form and can easily be colourised, plus it's not likely to kill you if you swallow small amounts and you will never be able to tell if it is genuine or not unless you send it off for expensive testing.

Of course there are other powders that are cheaper than talc and these can be highly toxic, it all depends what risk the seller is prepared to take and how likely they will get caught.
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    I think you should get another GP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerous toxins discovered in fake internet meds include: arsenic, boric acid, leaded road paint, floor and shoe polish, talcum powder, chalk and brick dust and nickel.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    I think you should get another GP.

I agree
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to echo what everyone else says, why put your life in danger ?

You say that your GP is not being helpful, what exactly is his issue if you don't mind sharing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also agree that you need to tackle the GP issue. Is there another you can see in the practice? Or perhaps you need to move practices.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk , please dont do it .Not only are you risking your own life but that of a child who could be conceived after dodgy drugs causing damage to a foetus . .No, please dont go down that road .
    Forum Member
    ok maybe I just need to approach my gp again - I guess I want it so much I just though- well I dont know what I thought

I really should have known it was a bad idea.

sorry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this stress and worry about conceiving, is not going to make you conceive. You have to find a way to forget about having a baby. Once your body and mental state are relaxed and a baby is furthest from your mind, you will be in a much better place to conceive. How many thousands of women spent their time stressing only to give up all hope, then find themselves pregnant.

I also echo what others have said about buying drug off the internet. Yes you should have started this thread, as the information you have received on here is priceless in relation to your health. Good luck with all.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok maybe I just need to approach my gp again - I guess I want it so much I just though- well I dont know what I thought

I really should have known it was a bad idea.

sorry

Dont be sorry hun , a problem shared it a problem halved . Ask the GP again , never hurts to ask for help .
    Forum Member
    thank you ladies...X
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem doing this, but be sure to only use sites which allow credit card transactions and not Western Union transfers.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I've never had a problem doing this, but be sure to only use sites which allow credit card transactions and not Western Union transfers.

sorry but this is really bad advise. Just because a site accepts CC means nothing. You know NOTHING about who is supplying and what they are supplying. Its all far to easy to set up a fake company, especially when they are abroad.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And even if you did get real clomiphene, it is a drug that needs to be taken under medical supervision as it can have life threatening side effects.

Your last baby was IVF - do you mind me asking why? If your tubes are damaged/blocked, then clomiphene won't help anyway. If it is because you aren't ovulating, then the GP could refer you so you can get clomiphene on prescription for I dare say a similar price to that you pay on the net for something that is likely to be a dangerous counterfeit.

I agree that you need to return to your GP, perhaps with your partner, perhaps a different GP and ask to be referred.

I can understand the desire for a baby, I really wanted a third child. But you need to be careful - people out there will exploit this 'need' you have.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You SHOULD of made this thread as posters have advised you that buying drugs online is never a good idea.

I would try to find another GP. Your current one isnt helping you at all.

Best wishes Op :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the more aware people are made of the danger on online drugs the better.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP can't you ask your GP for a referall to someone who can help you? Please don't get drugs on line.