Options

All-star cast announced on July 27th

Comments

• Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Mya's Salsa and Samba are two of my favourite dances ever on the show. I guess she wasn't chosen because her personality isn't as big as some of the others. She seemed to take the competition very seriously rather than having fun the whole time but that's just my opinion, nothing against her personally :)

Does anyone know if Kristi Yamaguchi was asked?

Yeah, I agree. I don't know if it was some R&B singer thing but her and Brandy were both very determined on winning and not having fun a lot of the time.

And I'd have loved Kristi to come back.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Pairings announced:
    Pamela & Tristan
    Kelly & Val
    Melissa & Tony
    Shawn & Derek
    Kirstie & Maks
    Bristol & Mark
    Joey & Kym
    Helio & Chelsie
    Drew & Anna
    Emmitt & Cheryl
    Apolo & Karina
    Gilles & Peta

Pam and Tristan were an obvious pairing, I think his style was similar to Damien's so it was a natural switch between old and new, thumbs up for this couple.

Kelly and Val- will be interesting with Kelly being a previous winner, but she wasn't of the calibre of some of the other champions that followed her. In theory, Val has someone with loads of potential, will be good to see what he produces choreography wise.

Melissa and Tony- obviously an old couple, so it's going to work well, maybe better than some of the new couples, but I don't think they'll get very far, they don't seem to have to spark and excitement factor. Unless she comes out all guns blazing week 1, I fear Melissa may make an early exit.

Shawn and Derek- will be very good to watch. Derek will be able to fit into the style that Mark got going with Shawn before, and, as is being suspected, this is Derek's swan song series, they will be very early favourites.

Kirstie and Maks- Kirstie went far last time due partly to her journey and progression as a dancer, as well as representing the more mature contestant. With Maks as her partner again, will be good to see if she can continue to improve and grow! If she does, she could be a dark horse for the second time of asking.

Bristol and Mark- unlucky Mark. See you at Season 16. That's all.

Joey and Kym- again an old partnership to keep the strong dynamic going, but I think their competition will be too strong this time, and I personally don't expect Joey and Kym to repeat their previous success.

Helio and Chelsie with Julianne Helio produced some very fun and memorable dances, as well as being good technically, their quickstep was fab! However, I thought they were very VERY lucky to beat Mel and Maks in the final. Chelsie is a very creative pro and I expect them to get into the middle/business end of the series, but probably miss out on the finals, even semi finals.

Drew and Anna- I can see the dancefloor lighting up here! Anna is a very consistent pro, and though it may take some time to get going, Drew was a very good celeb with a passion for dancing, and I think the passion that both these have will create an electric couple. Maybe not winners but finalists probably.

Emmitt and Cheryl - Old Partnership and previous winners, but, like Kelly, I don't think Emmitt was the strongest champion and could be this season's shock elimination this season! I certainly don't expect them to be in the final.

Apolo and Karina- Apolo and Julianne were a formidable couple, but Karina is, IMO, the strongest female pro on the show at this moment, and will bring the best back out of Apolo. If they hit the ground running, I see them waltzing into the final.

Giles and Peta- will be interesting how they click- Giles, along with Mel, possibly the strongest celeb to never win, and Peta the defending pro champion- and, despite winning with Donald, Giles will possibly be her strongest celeb. If Carrie Ann and Bruno can stay calm enough to not pass out and actually score their dances, they could be contenders!

Prediction:

Final 4 (Semi Finalists)

Shawn and Derek
    Drew and Anna
    Giles and Peta
    Apolo and Karina
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I would have preferred all new pairings in the interest of fairness but I like the line up. I can imagine all the partnerships working well, Kelly & Val being the only one I have reservations over but that's down to Kelly's attitude, not the partner she has received.

Gilles and Peta are my winners prediction and I think Melissa and Tony could be real dark horses. I think her popularity has grown since she participated as she has stayed connected with the show.

I bet Tristan is delighted with Pamela as a partner ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Pam and Tristan were an obvious pairing, I think his style was similar to Damien's so it was a natural switch between old and new, thumbs up for this couple.

Kelly and Val- will be interesting with Kelly being a previous winner, but she wasn't of the calibre of some of the other champions that followed her. In theory, Val has someone with loads of potential, will be good to see what he produces choreography wise.

Melissa and Tony- obviously an old couple, so it's going to work well, maybe better than some of the new couples, but I don't think they'll get very far, they don't seem to have to spark and excitement factor. Unless she comes out all guns blazing week 1, I fear Melissa may make an early exit.

Shawn and Derek- will be very good to watch. Derek will be able to fit into the style that Mark got going with Shawn before, and, as is being suspected, this is Derek's swan song series, they will be very early favourites.

Kirstie and Maks- Kirstie went far last time due partly to her journey and progression as a dancer, as well as representing the more mature contestant. With Maks as her partner again, will be good to see if she can continue to improve and grow! If she does, she could be a dark horse for the second time of asking.

Bristol and Mark- unlucky Mark. See you at Season 16. That's all.

Joey and Kym- again an old partnership to keep the strong dynamic going, but I think their competition will be too strong this time, and I personally don't expect Joey and Kym to repeat their previous success.

Helio and Chelsie with Julianne Helio produced some very fun and memorable dances, as well as being good technically, their quickstep was fab! However, I thought they were very VERY lucky to beat Mel and Maks in the final. Chelsie is a very creative pro and I expect them to get into the middle/business end of the series, but probably miss out on the finals, even semi finals.

Drew and Anna- I can see the dancefloor lighting up here! Anna is a very consistent pro, and though it may take some time to get going, Drew was a very good celeb with a passion for dancing, and I think the passion that both these have will create an electric couple. Maybe not winners but finalists probably.

Emmitt and Cheryl - Old Partnership and previous winners, but, like Kelly, I don't think Emmitt was the strongest champion and could be this season's shock elimination this season! I certainly don't expect them to be in the final.

Apolo and Karina- Apolo and Julianne were a formidable couple, but Karina is, IMO, the strongest female pro on the show at this moment, and will bring the best back out of Apolo. If they hit the ground running, I see them waltzing into the final.

Giles and Peta- will be interesting how they click- Giles, along with Mel, possibly the strongest celeb to never win, and Peta the defending pro champion- and, despite winning with Donald, Giles will possibly be her strongest celeb. If Carrie Ann and Bruno can stay calm enough to not pass out and actually score their dances, they could be contenders!

Prediction:

Final 4 (Semi Finalists)

Shawn and Derek
    Drew and Anna
    Giles and Peta
    Apolo and Karina

Wow, what a thorough and insightful analysis!!! I'm impressed.

Quick question: Since all but one (or two, depending on who gets the wildcard slot) were finalists previously, do you think the judges will tend to be generous with their scores, and perhaps not leave much spread among them?

Is it even possible they might hand out scores as low as 6 or 7 the first week? Will everyone get 8's and 9's the first week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who actually wants to see Bristol again? Poor Mark.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Bristol :). I'm just referring to her time on the show, not her activities in the real world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Bristol :). I'm just referring to her time on the show, not her activities in the real world.

I liked her at the beginning because I felt sorry for her. I would much rather see a better dancer on the show though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, what a thorough and insightful analysis!!! I'm impressed.

Quick question: Since all but one (or two, depending on who gets the wildcard slot) were finalists previously, do you think the judges will tend to be generous with their scores, and perhaps not leave much spread among them?

Is it even possible they might hand out scores as low as 6 or 7 the first week? Will everyone get 8's and 9's the first week?

I think the thing is they're all still amateurs/novices, depending on how well you class them. People like Pam and Bristol weren't particularly strong when they were eliminated, and, imo, with the possible exceptions of Kristi Yamaguchi, Jennifer Grey and Nicole Scherzinger, none of the celebs were really exceptional. Yes, they got 10s and perfect scores but only for beginners. Now, along with them having previous dance experience and the judges expecting them to have some skill levels, I think a lot of them will have to get back into the mindset and devotion. Someone like Shawn or Giles may rock no lower than 8s the entire competition, but on the whole I think the scoring may be roughly similar to a normal series, what with expectation raised perhaps further than actual dance ability for most, particularly with new couple dynamics in most cases.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Mark this time, he wouldnt be so lucky with Bristol. I predict an early elimination . But since this is the presidential election in the States maybe the Tea party/Republican will rally once again to vote for her because thats the only way I can see her progressing.
    -Imo the last girls standing will be 1-Shawn 2-Pamela 3-Bristol in that order ;).

Im so excited about Pamela/Tristan :D. This couple will be on fire:cool:. I usually root for Mark but this season Im rooting for Tristan and Pam :D.

Anyway, A male celeb is going to win this :). And Peta has a good celeb/popular this time again. Urghhh I still havent taken to her!

Anyway this will be a very exciting season and I cant hardly wait :D
    Im so sick & tired of Derek getting all the good partners:rolleyes::rolleyes:. I would have love to see what he could do with someone like Bristol. He is a great choreographer and dancer but I imo Mark is the better teacher(and he doesnt get a lot of credit for it)/most compassionate out of the 2.
    I really like Shawn and loved her partnership with Mark :). I would have rooted for her if she was dancing with someone else lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Gilles, Shawn, Joey and Apolo could easily be the final four.

Joey and Apolo were actually on fire in their season, tough final. Shawn and Gilles were also great dancers in their season. If Sabrina comes back, I'd put her up there as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Gilles, Shawn, Joey and Apolo could easily be the final four.

Joey and Apolo were actually on fire in their season, tough final. Shawn and Gilles were also great dancers in their season. If Sabrina comes back, I'd put her up there as well.

I completely agree about Sabrina (depending on who they bring back to be her pro)
    The reason I put Drew above Joey is because he lives breathes and adores DWTS- hence he took over as hosting when Samantha went on maternity leave. I think with Anna he'll create something spectacular. Joey, I'm not sure, he was technically very good, but I don't think he had any real spark! (with the exception of his Star Wars Tango, which was intriguing if nothing else!) That is, of course, my opinion and many feel free to, and probably will, disagree with me on that, but I'm not sure he'll push up into the finals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I completely agree about Sabrina (depending on who they bring back to be her pro)
    The reason I put Drew above Joey is because he lives breathes and adores DWTS- hence he took over as hosting when Samantha went on maternity leave. I think with Anna he'll create something spectacular. Joey, I'm not sure, he was technically very good, but I don't think he had any real spark! (with the exception of his Star Wars Tango, which was intriguing if nothing else!) That is, of course, my opinion and many feel free to, and probably will, disagree with me on that, but I'm not sure he'll push up into the finals.

I think Drew and Anna are a bit chalk and cheese - Drew's very much of a showman while I think Anna's a lot more technical.

As for Joey and Kym, Joey's a huge showman and since Kym has danced with him before, he can play/dwell on this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Not really enthusiastic with quite a few of the pairings but could be proved wrong. Like Tris with Pam, but Bristol and Mark please no, hasn't he suffered enough:D Think Karina would have been better with Helio, there was a spark when they were together. Peta and Giles now that will be interesting to watch.

Think they should have mixed it up more and let everyone have a new partner rather than old pairings. Still as I've said before some of the celebs, particularly the females are a bit of a damp squib.

Changing the subject, but still with DWTS, Maks is in the news again for allegedly slapping Hope, according to her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189768/Dancing-With-The-Stars-Maksim-denies-claims-Olympic-star-Hope-Solos-biography-slapped-her.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    I liked her at the beginning because I felt sorry for her. I would much rather see a better dancer on the show though.

Not sure she'll last long against the competition anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

me too:). she is actually my fav. Mark's contestants :). And it has nothing to do with politics,.....because I actually cant stand her mom's politics but I like Bristol as a person and many do as well. Why is so hard for some people to understand, that some people actually like ker:confused:

Im hoping that this time her dancing improves though ;):D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    me too:). she is actually my fav. Mark's contestants :). And it has nothing to do with politics,.....because I actually cant stand her mom's politics but I like Bristol as a person and many do as well. Why is so hard for some people to understand, that some people actually like ker:confused:

Im hoping that this time her dancing improves though ;):D:D

That's just how I feel too - it's like she plays two different people. I think she'll still be too inhibited to do well.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Bristol too, edy, and I'm a lifelong Democrat and about as far Left as you can be in America. I will say I don't follow her other than DWTS, I don't know what she's said or done and I don't care - I'd probably chalk it up to her upbringing and environment.

But judging her just from the show, I found her unentitled and sweet. And people have revealed themselves to be quite the witches that I never would have though - Marie Osmond, Jane Seymour, Joanna Krupa, Shannon Elizabeth - creeps all - but Bristol was just a nervous young girl.

OTOH, I thought her dancing was pretty blah and I'm hoping she's an early departure. My heart's set on seeing Tristan and Pam make it a few weeks and SOMEBODY has to go - with this powerhouse cast, well, I hope she's gone early, but not because I dislike her personally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I like Bristol too, edy, and I'm a lifelong Democrat and about as far Left as you can be in America. I will say I don't follow her other than DWTS, I don't know what she's said or done and I don't care - I'd probably chalk it up to her upbringing and environment.

But judging her just from the show, I found her unentitled and sweet. And people have revealed themselves to be quite the witches that I never would have though - Marie Osmond, Jane Seymour, Joanna Krupa, Shannon Elizabeth - creeps all - but Bristol was just a nervous young girl.

OTOH, I thought her dancing was pretty blah and I'm hoping she's an early departure. My heart's set on seeing Tristan and Pam make it a few weeks and SOMEBODY has to go - with this powerhouse cast, well, I hope she's gone early, but not because I dislike her personally.

I usually root for Mark but I am so excited with this pairing, oh the possibilities :D:D. I cant wait, they are already my fav. couple this season.
    And No Im not a Tristan fan per say but Im just so excited about what these 2 can produce on the dancefloor;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »

How was Joanna Krupa a "creep"?
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure why but I'm not really that excited for this all-stars season. The only couple I'm really looking forward to is Kirstie and Maks. It might be because I think they put the wrong pros with the wrong celeb IMO.

If I was the producer I would have made this the line up...

Helio with Anna
    Giles with Cheryl
    Apolo with Chelsea
    Drew with Karina
    Joey with Kym
    Emmet with Peta

Kirstie with Maksim
    Tristian with Pamela
    Sabrina with Mark
    Derek with Bristol
    Val with Shawn
    Tony with Melissa
    Kelly with Louis
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Kirstie photo as she's in Italy.

Fave photo - Kelly & Val
    Least fave - Shawn & Derek
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Kirstie photo as she's in Italy.

Fave photo - Kelly & Val
    Least fave - Shawn & Derek

BIB I agree they look creepy especially Derek :o:o:o

My fav pics have to be Karina &Apollo and Cheryl and Emmit
    Wow Bristol look amazing, what a difference!
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Giles and Peta look great together in the photo - they're well suited in height and looks.

My least favourite pic is Tristan and Pam - I think they're well suited but what is it with Pamela's expression :eek::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly and Val look good together! As well as Giles and Peta! Apolo and Karina look a bit awkward actually :S Still think they'll do well though