Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
This sounds a bit odd?

Comments

• JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact you posted the same thing twice you mean?
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Sounds like one of those awful spoofs about rogue cops Cheese and Onion etc.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Sounds like one of those awful spoofs about rogue cops Cheese and Onion etc.

or Mac & Cheese (© Friends)
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been great with actresses such as Irene Handl and Beryl Reid but from the clip I saw it didn't look that special
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's cabbage?
  • molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    It's one of those programmes that I can't wait for it to start, just so I won't have to see the trailer anymore. It seems like it's 'Last of the Summer Wine' but with two women, getting up to 'craaazy' stuff. Every time that woman says, 'I think it's going to lead to one or both of your deaths' in the trailer, I think, really? What can two 50/60-something women be doing that's THAT crazy?
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any clue as to what channel this is going to be on?
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    It's on ITV1 this autumn. To be honest, it doesn't look very funny, but will give it a try. It's about two middle-aged women getting up to all sorts of mischief.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually adverts like this use up all of the funny bits in the series. The advert looks awful, I don't see how 2 middle aged women running off with a wheelie bin is funny.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but shows with stupid titles like this put me off watching them.
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on ITV1 this autumn. To be honest, it doesn't look very funny, but will give it a try. It's about two middle-aged women getting up to all sorts of mischief.

It's on ITV this Thursday at 8:30pm.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If more than 1 million people watch this I will be shocked
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure its going to be one of those dreadful 'feel good' 'cosy' 'comedy-drama' things ITV1 are always making. The sort that make you feel you'd rather sit poking rusty nails into ur eyeballs than sit and watch it. I can't remember the last time i saw an advert for a ITV1 drama that looked worth watching.

To think this was the channel that once had Inspector Morse, Frost, Cracker and Prime Suspect!!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight.:cool:
    It can't be as bad as we all expect it to be surely?:o:confused:
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd normally steer well clear of a show like this but I've had something of a thing for Barbara Flynn ever since The Beiderbecke Affair all those years ago.....criminally underused actress.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    I'd normally steer well clear of a show like this but I've had something of a thing for Barbara Flynn ever since The Beiderbecke Affair all those years ago.....criminally underused actress.

Barbara Flynn is a great actress, I agree she's very underused. She was brilliant in A Very Peculiar Practice and Cracker.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara was the milk delivery lady whom Granville fancied in Open All hours
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Barbara Flynn is a great actress, I agree she's very underused. She was brilliant in A Very Peculiar Practice and Cracker.

I first remember her from A Family at War.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was originally titled "Cabbage and Pat"... obviously some market research was undertaken to come up with the new title...
    Forum Member

Oh yes, I forgot about that! She's equally good at comedy and straight roles. I saw her in the Alan Ayckbourn farce Season's Greetings and she was perfectly cast in that.
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    I first remember her from A Family at War.

I've heard of that but never seen it (it was before I was born). Is it worth buying it?
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks dire, I may watch just to see how bad its gonna be and for the reaction it will get on here.
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but shows with stupid titles like this put me off watching them.

Agreed. It just sounds so ludicrous that I can't believe grown men and women actually came up with such nonsense.

It's especially off-putting when you have to hear some poor voiceover on the advert having to announce it like these words actually make sense.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    This looks dire, I may watch just to see how bad its gonna be and for the reaction it will get on here.

We're always 'fair' on here though.:o:cool:
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't this a show you'd find on cbeebies?