Facebook Mess Up?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
I saw this on another forum & thought I'd post it here as its interesting for those obsessed with Facebook!

If you click on the search bar on the left hand side & press the down arrow on your keyboard, it comes up with 5 'random' names. Speculation is rife that its the 5 last people who viewed your profile, but I just tried it with my OH & neither of us got our names appeared when we searched after. Its also not friends I've viewed the most/recently as some of them I have probably viewed once.

So yeah, any interesting theories? If it is the last profile visitors, Facebook could be in trouble for privacy.

Comments

• s2ks2k Posts: 7,417
    Forum Member
    Facebook could be in trouble for privacy.

I dont really see how. Exploits to websites are found all the time. As long as they patch it up (assuming thats what it is) then they've done everything they need to do.

Besides the T&Cs you agreed to have probably wavered any opertunities for legal action.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    s2k wrote: »
    I dont really see how. Exploits to websites are found all the time. As long as they patch it up (assuming thats what it is) then they've done everything they need to do.

Besides the T&Cs you agreed to have probably wavered any opertunities for legal action.

I'm not saying they would, just could. :) I'm more interested in what it is, hehe!
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting........Just found out who viewed my profile last, wasn't who I thought it would be to be honest :D Still it's nice to know who's stalking me the most!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did this and the five people were in my friend list!
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Just tried it. It comes up with five of my friends :confused:
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »

Yes me too - I would have said it was the last five people whose profiles I have looked at. But I only have 7 friends :o
    Nobody loves me, innit :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »

Sorry, what I meant by 'random' was people on your facebook list that had no connections.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *pops over to facebook to have a look*

yeah, people on my list too :D
    and i think totally random
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried this too, interesting! A couple I did expect to see, a couple I didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just did this and it went to my OH profile?? weird!

Oh no, wait, did it again and it came up wit my OH, my Ex and 3 pals of mine but all are in my friends list and quite possibly the last 5 people to view my profile....
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same 5 every time I open up facebook and check. Although one of them is in Milan right now, so I don't think she looked at my profile last. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all from my friends list.

So, hardly 'random' names as the OP claims.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all from my friends list.

So, hardly 'random' names as the OP claims.

I assumed the OP meant random names from your list of friends, as only friends can view your profile anyway, so a 'random' person wouldn't have been able to unless they were on your list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tried this...very likely that they were the last 5 people who viewed it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just did it and got:

You
    Are
    Not
    Very
    Popular

:confused:
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm me too. i closed down FB and rechecked and its the same 5. it would be interesting to see if in say half an hour there was a new one at the top and theyd all shifted down a place and the bottom one was off the list...
  • sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just shows people who you have as friends.

If you have a profile that anyone in the network can see would it show people who are not on your list.
    Otherwise it's not really telling you anything other than your friends look at your profile, they are hardly stalkers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends wrote on my wall not so long ago but she isn't on my list :confused:

I'd love it if the person at the top really was the last person though- it'd show that he does actually have some interest in me despite his nonchalance :rolleyes::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the 5 you most look at, to make them easier to find maybe?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »
    It just shows people who you have as friends.

If you have a profile that anyone in the network can see would it show people who are not on your list.
    Otherwise it's not really telling you anything other than your friends look at your profile, they are hardly stalkers.

Yeah, I don't get why people like to think someone who's looked at their profile is a stalker. If you don't want people looking at your profile then why have one at all? Personally, I'd be more annoyed (which is too strong a word but I can't think of an alternative) if nobody ever paid any attention to the wisdom I spout on mine :p
  • Rob500Rob500 Posts: 3,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be the the first 5 people I added as friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enigma. wrote: »
    It's the 5 you most look at, to make them easier to find maybe?.

I think I've only looked at the 3rd one on mine a few times, there are others I've looked at more, definitely :confused:
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob500 wrote: »
    Seems to be the the first 5 people I added as friends.

its definatly not the first 5 i have added.

ive got 72 friends and say if i listed them in order of closeness id say the 5 are out of the top 30 of my friends, none are from the bottom half so it very well could be...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    It sounds plausible. My 5 are people on my friends list who are pretty likely to be looking at my profile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pirouette. wrote: »
    I think I've only looked at the 3rd one on mine a few times, there are others I've looked at more, definitely :confused:

Ooh that's that theory out then.
    I like the other idea of the first been the one looking most, but I get the feeling it might be just random.