Michael Flatley !!!!!! WOW

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone see Michael Flatley and his troup on DWTS this week. Absolutely fantastic

Comments

• Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I didn't particularly enjoy it. Once you've seen one of his preformances, you've seen them all (IMHO I hasten to add!).
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fraid I'm with you Force 1o good routine but not the exceptional one I had read about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really enjoy it...technically it was good but there's just something so creepy about it, I don't know what it is.

Glad others got something out of it, though :)
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really enjoy it...technically it was good but there's just something so creepy about it, I don't know what it is.
    Glad others got something out of it, though :)

Yes I just find Flatley off-putting now. I loved him when the idea first came out & even went to see "it" & had the video back in the day. I honestly can't remember the name of the original show :o not feet of flames the one before it :confused: (I gave the video away when we got a DVD player).
    I just find him too smug & the concept a bit out-dated. I have to confess I fast forwarded it, as it went on too long & imo was a tad boring.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lord of the Dance was his first show/video after leaving Riverdance to set up on his own. :)
    That show had beautiful music, and I bought the video too, as I loved some of the tunes (the British Ice Dance Champions used it in their Freedance at the 1997 World Championships where I first heard it). :cool:

But totally agree, it's now so passe, especially that Military theme he did on DWTS.
    As a Folk Dance of Ireland I'm sure it's still very relevant and beautiful, if done traditionally, when I've seen it danced years ago by little girls in their pretty dresses at a Feish.
  • OakOak Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jacquiann wrote: »
    I have to confess I fast forwarded it, as it went on too long & imo was a tad boring.

I did the same after watching the first minute of the routine. It was very boring.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it one of his best routines, but this time last year he was in hospital and told there was probably no possibility of him dancing again.... I just thought it was nice to see he had fought his way back. Think he does more choreography than dancing now..... apart from his illness, it's that "age" thing!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, what was wrong with him? :(

Glad he's healthy again. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Oh dear, what was wrong with him? :(

Glad he's healthy again. :)

Some sort of immune virus, apparently, and no-one knows exactly what. I'm glad he's bettter, though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, that kind of thing can be very debilitating physically, so well done to him for making a recovery, and being well enough to dance again. :)