Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    so he has finally acknowledged that his son did have autism:confused:

Publicly, I assume. It is none of anyone but the familys business what health issues his son had.
  • Options
    Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Publicly, I assume. It is none of anyone but the familys business what health issues his son had.

Depends on your view of Scientology, where conditions like autism are seen as a result of too many aliens living in your spleen or whatever LSD inspired claptrap L. Ron Hubbard dribbled into his naff science fiction novellas.

You would think that after losing your son someone like Travolta would wake up and smell the bulls**t that the Scientology cult actually is, but no, that's a lot of brainwashing right there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had their son under medical care....he was treated for those seizures....and I would not assume they did not acknowledge he was autistic but it was a private matter and should be involving children...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32992169/ns/entertainment-gossip/

Assumptions are made and mud is thrown and it's just wrong in my opinion...the pain these parents are in is something I hope no one has to feel
  • Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When his church denies its existence, you have to try and balance whether his beliefs were cruel and ultimately part of the cause of his death due to the lack of medication.

Its a sad state of affairs and you have to feel sorry for John, Kelly and family, but it would've been nice to see Travolta be more up front about the condition, and support it as a celebrity spokesperson then deny it due to his religious belief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When his church denies its existence, you have to try and balance whether his beliefs were cruel and ultimately part of the cause of his death due to the lack of medication.

Its a sad state of affairs and you have to feel sorry for John, Kelly and family, but it would've been nice to see Travolta be more up front about the condition, and support it as a celebrity spokesperson then deny it due to his religious belief.

Whilst I agree with your post, I have to point out that Scientology is neither a "church" nor is it a "religion" ... it is a cult, plain and simple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What they beleive in in their business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What they beleive in in their business.

Not when it means kids aren't given full emergency treatment or when their conditions are not taken seriously because the CULT deems the illness to be a result of reincarnated aliens.

Same with Jehovah's Witnesses... refusing to give your kid a transfusion even though the kid will die, that's just pathetic.

Cults are evil, and the kids born into them suffer the most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just so sad, and I can't imagine as a parent myself how you would carry on 'living' after something like this.

That picture of his son holding him has brought a lump to my throat :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is complete nonsense. Yes, Travolta is a Scientologist but it has already been proven and established, his son Jett was treated for his medical conditions throughout his life including seizure medication. There is no evidence his son was ever denied proper medical treatment and he had a nanny with the boy around the clock. Just because he was a Scientologist, it does not appear he denied his son medical treatment and I am not sure why these rumors came out other than, he didn't go on talk shows and claim his son was autistic. This is a man who likes his family to have some privacy. When he was not working, the family use to go out at night to avoid all the media. The rumors are absurd and there is no proof, so really, it shouldn't keep going on.

I would also add, the famous people like John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Will Smith and Jada his wife who are Scientologists but are cautious to discuss it, probably never see the underbelly of Scientology, and the cult like operations. They are probably treated far better and are not told what to do. I saw an interview with Lisa Marie Presley who is a Scientologist and credits John Travolta with helping her get off drugs as a teenager. She said no one has ever asked her to bring in members or do anything or even give money, if they did, she wouldn't be there so I believe, celebs get a different treatment than an average member of Scientology.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    Not when it means kids aren't given full emergency treatment or when their conditions are not taken seriously because the CULT deems the illness to be a result of reincarnated aliens.

Same with Jehovah's Witnesses... refusing to give your kid a transfusion even though the kid will die, that's just pathetic.

Cults are evil, and the kids born into them suffer the most.

Yes you are right - my friend died because of a nut allergy and her parents wouldn't allow her to have any treatment (they were actually done for manslaughter as she would have lived) but there is no proof that JT did any of these things and did have treatment for his son's illness - whether he had a problem with the labelling of that illness is one thing but his son was under medical supervision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »
    Yes you are right - my friend died because of a nut allergy and her parents wouldn't allow her to have any treatment (they were actually done for manslaughter as she would have lived) but there is no proof that JT did any of these things and did have treatment for his son's illness - whether he had a problem with the labelling of that illness is one thing but his son was under medical supervision.

I admit I don't know the facts of this case, but history has shown time and time again - cults + kids dying = cover-up
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    I admit I don't know the facts of this case, but history has shown time and time again - cults + kids dying = cover-up

I have researched a lot about scientology and think it so pernicious it's beyond belief. It's absolutely abhorrent and definitely the JTs and TCs of the world will have a different outlook from the reality (cults + money + celebrity = do whatever you like if you still keep on paying). It is a fascinating subject and good to have a read about.

Cults = cover up constantly.

Just on this for JT and his son's death will I allow some leeway until I hear otherwise!
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

Yes it would have been nice if the Travolta's had recognized his now confirmed condition, AND championed it's cause (like Travolta's brother actively did!) instead they spent years very actively promoting his illness as Kawasaki Disease, their mission was to rid the world of toxins in cleaning fluids or something :confused:

IF their religious beliefs and it's denial of autism contributed to their beloved son's death, that's something they are going to have to reconcile in their own minds, and live with for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member

IF their religious beliefs and it's denial of autism contributed to their beloved son's death, that's something they are going to have to reconcile in their own minds, and live with for the rest of their lives.

And that is not something I would want to live with, and indeed, judging by their demeanour, is weighing very heavily on their shoulders.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

They are probably treated far better and are not told what to do. I saw an interview with Lisa Marie Presley who is a Scientologist and credits John Travolta with helping her get off drugs as a teenager. She said no one has ever asked her to bring in members or do anything or even give money, if they did, she wouldn't be there so I believe, celebs get a different treatment than an average member of Scientology.

I agree with you, That's called Good old hypocrisy. This Hollywood people are in fact on ones on top of the cult hierarchy. They do not care if they give disgusting advice to the average Joe, what they do in their private life is another matter.:mad:
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw John Travolta on the news and the poor man looks destroyed by everything that has happened, it is all very sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe by confirming a non-Scientology nonsense diagnosis of his kid the Grand Wizards of the cult have disenfranchised him, he may no longer be as welcome in Hubbard's Nuthouse.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    A lot of people believe a lot of things that I think are nonsense but, if their child died and they were clearly distraught, my heart would go out to them. John Travolta is, by all accounts, a very nice man and a loving father. If I don't share his religious/spiritual beliefs, it doesn't stop me liking him or sympathizing with him.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    A lot of people believe a lot of things that I think are nonsense but, if their child died and they were clearly distraught, my heart would go out to them. John Travolta is, by all accounts, a very nice man and a loving father. If I don't share his religious/spiritual beliefs, it doesn't stop me liking him or sympathizing with him.

Nice post lulu g.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not pouring scorn on the fact that his kid is dead - but I am making a clear point that the dangerous cult of Scientology would in its inherent principle of belief deemed poor Jett to be a "degraded being".

There appears to be some level of acceptance to the cult, or certainly a lack of knowledge over just how dangerous these people are.

Please read the following list and pick out some random names, to get some idea of why the cult of Scientology should be looked at with fear and mistrust.

The following is a list of approximately 660 people that have left the official Church of Scientology organization and have spoken out publicly against it.

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/List_of_ex-Scientologists_who_have_spoken_out
  • Options
    MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so he has finally acknowledged that his son did have autism:confused:

Why the hell would he be obligated to broadcast his son's health problems to the world? Some things are private.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Why the hell would he be obligated to broadcast his son's health problems to the world? Some things are private.

Both Mr & Mrs Travolta seemed more than happy to "broadcast" their son's condition as '*Kawasaki Disease', they appeared on a highly publicised mission to rid the environment of pollutants, as they deemed this was the cause of *K D.... why not champion the cause of Autism? let me answer that for you - SCIENTOLOGY!
  • Options
    MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Mr & Mrs Travolta seemed more than happy to "broadcast" their son's condition as '*Kawasaki Disease', they appeared on a highly publicised mission to rid the environment of pollutants, as they deemed this was the cause of *K D.... why not champion the cause of Autism? let me answer that for you - SCIENTOLOGY!

I'm no fan of Scientogy but for ages people thought the MMR vaccine caused Autism so I can understand why the are a bit paranoid about fertilizers, chemicals etc, I've googled Kawasaki Disease and it doesn't seem that it is that serious, maybe they were blaming his health problems on that because they wanted to protect him from the stigma that's placed on people with Autism.